Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you like the Gauntlet Match?
This poll is closed.
Yes, it was great. 24 30.38%
No, it was dumb. 4 5.06%
Not at first, but eventually! 15 18.99%
THE BIG DOG! 36 45.57%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Writer Cath posted:

Seth's also half Armenian, isn't he?

Turns out he's not Mexican at all according to him. His mom just married a guy whose surname is Lopez after he was born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Writer Cath posted:

Seth's also half Armenian, isn't he?

Yeah. That's what he means. But yeah that poster isn't the best evidence for a lack of PoC to be honest.

IDK if Armenian counts as white or not but I don't think white dude when I see Seth Rollins so uh...

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

WWE has gotten better about pushing POC but reminder that New Day were basically asked to do a minstrel gimmick before they fought hard to do what they do now.

It'd be awesome if Big E became a main eventer, though.

Actually they were asked to do a retread of the Nation of Domination but with Vince screaming "IT'S NOT ABOUT RACE, DAMNIT" until Woods said he didn't want to do anything racially charged or stereotypical. Vince then thought about it and told them to do a Gospel gimmick that they managed to transition into the current New Day gimmick.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Actually they were asked to do a retread of the Nation of Domination but with Vince screaming "IT'S NOT ABOUT RACE, DAMNIT" until Woods said he didn't want to do anything racially charged or stereotypical. Vince then thought about it and told them to do a Gospel gimmick that they managed to transition into the current New Day gimmick.

Man I thought nothing of Xavier signing with WWE at the time but he has to be one of the best people WWE has gotten from TNA. Obviously AJ would be in first place and you could argue for Punk and Samoa Joe, but Xavier's been pretty valuable. Improved as a worker, too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They should do a Nation of Domination retread but like, just have them win all the time and take the titles from all the white people.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

VJeff posted:

They should do a Nation of Domination retread but like, just have them win all the time and take the titles from all the white people.

They had to apologize just for tweeting about black people holding belts last year

Accident Underwater fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 23, 2018

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
roman is a poc

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Accident Underwater posted:

They had to apologize just for tweeting about black people holding belts last yet

Yeah this is why they should do it. To make white people cry more. (seriously though how loving ridiculous was that, and then like all of them lost their titles like two weeks later)

Feels Villeneuve posted:

roman is a poc

Roman's internalized white supremacy is evident in his moniker, the Big Dog. What do dogs wear? Leashes. And big dogs wear big leashes. Roman must cast off the shackles and the vest of the white man and let his flabby gut swing free and then I will cheer for him to beat the white devil Brock Lesnar and take his belt.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I don't think Nia should've gotten in that limo with Richard D. James

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If you make jokes about racism it's very bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man I thought nothing of Xavier signing with WWE at the time but he has to be one of the best people WWE has gotten from TNA. Obviously AJ would be in first place and you could argue for Punk and Samoa Joe, but Xavier's been pretty valuable. Improved as a worker, too.

I bring it up a lot, but one of my all time favorite moments was when Xavier was on commentary with JBL and this happened (paraphrased):

JBL: So you're a college boy, huh? Doing your PhD?
Xavier: Yes I am.
JBL: :lol: Okay nerd, what's your PhD in? :laugh:
Xavier: My PhD work is dealing specifically with Special Needs children to assist in their education.
JBL: :stare: ...........well....... that's very laudable of you.......

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

SamuraiFoochs posted:

IDK if Armenian counts as white or not but I don't think white dude when I see Seth Rollins so uh...

I'm trying to decide if you said this backward or I can't read or if people actually don't think Seth looks white and the world is descending into madness around me

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Roman is a PoC which is why WWE gave him blue contact lenses that one time.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
...there are four matches on this card

i don't really know what to do for the prediction game

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Golashes posted:

Wikipedia says Titus Worldwide vs. The Bar is happening, so that's.... ....something?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I bring it up a lot, but one of my all time favorite moments was when Xavier was on commentary with JBL and this happened (paraphrased):

JBL: So you're a college boy, huh? Doing your PhD?
Xavier: Yes I am.
JBL: :lol: Okay nerd, what's your PhD in? :laugh:
Xavier: My PhD work is dealing specifically with Special Needs children to assist in their education.
JBL: :stare: ...........well....... that's very laudable of you.......

Oh my god. Xavier rules. gently caress John and his bully crap, Xavier took that jumpshot and sent it into the bleachers

Incidentally, how is he doing the PHD thing on the road? Distance ed? Or does he already have it?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Golashes posted:

Enjoy this freedom, the calm before the 9 hour 20 match Mania storm

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Golashes posted:

Make a fill in the blank for matches that *should* be on the card.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

crazy is the best pussy

I know.....god I know, but man so many bad decisions. Sigh, but you still miss it in some ways. Ugh.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Oh my god. Xavier rules. gently caress John and his bully crap, Xavier took that jumpshot and sent it into the bleachers

Incidentally, how is he doing the PHD thing on the road? Distance ed? Or does he already have it?

iirc he has it

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

He was writing his dissertation at the time he was called up, so that was all he had left to do. Probably worked on it in the locker rooms when other people had the PS4.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Senerio posted:

He was writing his dissertation at the time he was called up, so that was all he had left to do. Probably worked on it in the locker rooms when other people had the PS4.

Attaboy, while all these other nerds are playing video games, he's doing something with his life. You'll never see him playing video games, I bet. :smug:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It was his PS4, though. They just bowlied him away from it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, he's apparently officially Dr. Austin Watson.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, he's apparently officially Dr. Austin Watson.

It's cool and good that if his body says "STOP WE'RE GONNA BE DEAD AT 41 IF YOU DON'T" he can actually do it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Not sure how true this is, but if so, Bray Wyatt is a bad person.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news..._medium=twitter

sounds like bray got screwed in divorce court, note that this is for SPOUSAL support and not CHILD support.

oh wait, sorry, i didn't mean bray, i mean mike rotunda or whatever

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 23, 2018

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Gaz-L posted:

Braun should do a backdrop driver.

No joke here, I just think it'd be neat.

Give him the rocket push Dr.Death never received thanks to the Brawl For All debacle and give him the Oklahoma Stampede while you're at it.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Crazy cat lady Natty would be so over in Japan as Neko Neko Hart with her mascot Two Pawz-San. Well if she was like 15 years younger, in Japanese media there’s no women between 30 and 60.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I just wanted to poke my head in and say how ecstatic I am that the World's Greatest Lover, the World's Greatest Singer and without a doubt the World's Greatest Wrestler, Double J, Jeff Jarrett, is going into the god drat WWE Hall of Fame

OH, AIN'T HE GREAT?!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

He completed it. Austin Watson, Ph.D. Dude's resume is ridiculous. 31 years old, wrestling for 13 years professionally, graduated with a masters in psych and bachelor's in philosophy then went on to do his PhD in educational psych while working the ring. Married with a less than one year old kid. Runs a small YouTube empire on the side.

Whenever he decides he's done wrestling, he can walk away without a regret.

The New Day are all smart guys. Big E graduated from Iowa, earned his teaching certificate there and was working on his masters while playing football. Kofi's got a bachelor's from Boston College.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Feb 23, 2018

cams
Mar 28, 2003

he's even taken on kenny omega multiple times while under wwe contract. truly a success story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAP8oLPr21Q

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

While we're talking about Mr Woods I also strongly suggest everyone watch this. The "promos" might be the best part about the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBauSeDKb38

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Speaking as a PoC, I've never viewed Seth as a non-white so YMMV I guess.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Not sure how true this is, but if so, Bray Wyatt is a bad person.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news..._medium=twitter

I dunno, miniature horses, supplies, and food seems like an essential expense.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Rebuilding the shed Sister Abigail had been buried in couldn't have been cheap either.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

dromal phrenia posted:

I dunno, miniature horses, supplies, and food seems like an essential expense.

I really want to know how he pissed of the judge. 15k a month spousal support is absurdly high. Child support I could see...

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

vince strutted into the courtroom yelling about bray being a WWE MEGA SUPERSTAR so the judge figured he makes boatloads of dosh

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

piss tape israel posted:

Yes same. "Seth Rollins" is a super white name though.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

piss tape israel posted:

I'm half Armenian and pale as hell, so you'd never notice with me. From what I've seen, skin tone can range from fairly dark to kind of a light olive complexion.

On the plus side, I know how to call people a fat rear end in Armenian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Writer Cath posted:

On the plus side, I know how to call people a fat rear end in Armenian.

Is it "kardashian"?

• Locked thread