Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm so loving sick of crabtree. I seriously do not want him on my TV next season, especially not with the Raiders. He's slow and he drops passes constantly. His attitude is lame, too. I honestly don't see what he brings to the table that hundreds of other guys couldn't. The Raiders need someone quick and dangerous in the open field, oh, and also someone who catches the majority of their passes. To me it seems like they could do better with even the guys on the roster, then toss in free agency and the draft and crabs gotta go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Play posted:

I'm so loving sick of crabtree. I seriously do not want him on my TV next season, especially not with the Raiders. He's slow and he drops passes constantly. His attitude is lame, too. I honestly don't see what he brings to the table that hundreds of other guys couldn't. The Raiders need someone quick and dangerous in the open field, oh, and also someone who catches the majority of their passes. To me it seems like they could do better with even the guys on the roster, then toss in free agency and the draft and crabs gotta go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWOy9Nszm4

After Crabs and Cooper, the WRs are poo poo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Play posted:

San Francisco will be happy to take him back.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

As a Chiefs fan, I hate Crabtree. I have no idea why a Raiders fan would hate him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

warcrimes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWOy9Nszm4

After Crabs and Cooper, the WRs are poo poo.

Is this supposed to show that Crabtree is a good receiver? It was a clutch play so that's great but it's nothing special. See if you can find a catch from this past season that makes you say "wow". I would argue that most receivers in the NFL could've made a catch like that.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000762724/Michael-Crabtree-s-drop-issues-continue

Look at that loving drop. He's way too much of a veteran to drop a pass like that and fail to get the first down.

Crab has 44.1 yards per game which puts him at 56th this past season. His catch percentage was 57.4 which puts him at 31st out of 150. For a number one WR that's really not good. (note: Amari Cooper is third which makes the whole thing worse).

I don't think he's really bad, I just think there are hundreds of guys out there that could do a better job, and the vast majority for less money. I just don't think he really helps the Raiders win in any meaningful sense. And I don't think he's going to get any better from here. He had 683 yards this past season compared to over 1k last season.

Play fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 23, 2018

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Crabtree makes a ton of wow catches. He's got the best hands on the team in that regard. He just drops poo poo he should catch all the drat time. And it's too easy to take him out of the game.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Having watched pretty much every game the last few seasons, I want Crabtree to stay. I don't care about perceived attitude issues or whatever. Bottom line is that he's made more clutch catches for this team than anyone over the last 3 years. He definitely has a rapport with Carr and is his most trusted receiver. That counts for something.

Who else is there if he's gone? Cooper is even more unreliable than Crabs, Roberts fell off a cliff, Patterson is great in small doses and Holton has hands of stone. Seriously who in the hell is there to carry the receiving core when Cooper disappears? I love having Cooper and Crabs because when one is taken out of the game, the other tends to elevate his own game. Last year was bullshit on so many levels. How can you use it to really judge a guy who led the team in TD's?

We need a 3rd decent WR to help open things up and we're set I think. I'm pretty sure a lot of us thought that Roberts would improve his game and go to the next level but obviously it didn't happen. If free agency fails then I guess spend a pick on a WR since even if Crabs stays, it won't be for long and you need a new guy.

And to say that hundreds of guys could do what Crabtree does but cheaper is just utter insanity. If that were true, give me 5 of those guys in a run n shoot and I'll win every Super Bowl until the end of time

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 23, 2018

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Crabtree isn't replacement level and Cooper needs to not be injured

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Blitz7x posted:

Crabtree isn't replacement level and Cooper needs to not be injured

I think this is the biggest point. If you get rid of Crabtree, who do you expect to take those snaps? Johnny Holton or Cordelle Patterson?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Volkerball posted:

Crabtree makes a ton of wow catches. He's got the best hands on the team in that regard. He just drops poo poo he should catch all the drat time. And it's too easy to take him out of the game.

I’m having Dwayne Bowe flashbacks

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
Crabtree is a headcase and when poo poo goes south, so does his play. I think a new regime may help plus he's on a cap friendly deal. Ideally they attempt to bring in Allen Robinson or Paul Richardson and kick Seth Roberts' rear end out the door.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
bye marcus peters

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What did we get??

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Draft picks

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
gently caress YOU CHIEFS

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

gently caress better be 3 1s.wont be.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I’m weeping in my oatmeal and typing gently caress Brett Veach in an excel spreadsheet over and over

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
:toot:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah he’s super talented but openly fighting with coaches on the bus, leaving games because he thought he was ejected and then refusing to play when he found out he wasn’t. This has nothing to do with the anthem poo poo, he just seems to have a bad attitude and I guess he was floating around that he’d never sign a long term deal with the Chiefs and would refuse to play if they franchised him? Good riddance to that bullshit you can’t have locker room poison like that I don’t care how many interceptions he gets.

You don't have to be a True Fan to realize that football is a sport that the players and coaches have to be on the same page. Locker room cancer is over-hyped but there is a kernel of truth there.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

Yeah he’s super talented but openly fighting with coaches on the bus, leaving games because he thought he was ejected and then refusing to play when he found out he wasn’t. This has nothing to do with the anthem poo poo, he just seems to have a bad attitude and I guess he was floating around that he’d never sign a long term deal with the Chiefs and would refuse to play if they franchised him? Good riddance to that bullshit you can’t have locker room poison like that I don’t care how many interceptions he gets.

You don't have to be a True Fan to realize that football is a sport that the players and coaches have to be on the same page. Locker room cancer is over-hyped but there is a kernel of truth there.
source your quotes?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Uhh, he has 0 off field incidents or scandals, no dirty play at all, yeah he occasionally loses control like throwing flags into the crowd but locker room cancer? Lol

https://twitter.com/terezpaylor/status/967105935419244544

Doesn’t sound like a locker room cancer to me

Chiefs honestly need more passionate players like Peters

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The story of him openly fighting with Dave Toub on the team bus in front of everyone is not like, a fictional story.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

The story of him openly fighting with Dave Toub on the team bus in front of everyone is not like, a fictional story.

Neither is the discipline he faced for that and the reports that his attitude was great from then on.

It's a terrible move.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Well Toub keeps gettin denied HC jobs so maybe he’s an rear end in a top hat

Lots of players fight with coaches. You haven’t seen Tom Brady screaming at McDaniels?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If that's true then consider this

https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/sta...072%26page%3D20

edit: I know you guys are hot right now and assuming this is Hunt and the anthem nonsense or something I'm just offering an alternative point of view in that give it time, see what our compensation is, see how his career progresses from here on out. This may may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

I really doubt Reid of all people lets a talented guy on a rookie contract walk without having a valid reason, the dude is considered a players' coach.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 23, 2018

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I’m hoping that’s because the Chiefs were asking for a lot back and not like, a 2nd rounder

Peters is one of the best DBs in the league and has helped KC win so many games with all his back breaking INTs and great play, saying this is a good trade bc he can occasionally yell at a coach is so stupid

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SHOAH NUFF posted:

You haven’t seen Tom Brady screaming at McDaniels?
I've seen Brady yell at BoB but don't think I've ever seen him yell at McDaniels

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Seth Keysor

@RealMNchiefsfan

Just had a source who has provided me good info in the past tell me Marcus Peters requested a trade after the Titans playoff loss.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
An unnamed source told this to some amateur blogger? If true that’s kinda funny and awesome, after that collapse I’d expect a passionate and talented player to want to go elsewhere

https://twitter.com/alexgelhar/status/967104439667499008

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/dcarr8/status/967105307724824576

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Unfortunately we still have to play the Rams this year.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Got a bad feeling that Veach has become drunk with GM powers and may trade Justin Houston next, there have been rumblings

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Good. It's about time Chiefs fans experience a little turmoil. It builds character

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Good. It's about time Chiefs fans experience a little turmoil. It builds character

:raise:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jack Del Huevos posted:

Crabtree is a headcase and when poo poo goes south, so does his play. I think a new regime may help plus he's on a cap friendly deal. Ideally they attempt to bring in Allen Robinson or Paul Richardson and kick Seth Roberts' rear end out the door.

I didn't watch every game in full, I wouldn't even call myself an exclusive Raiders fan. However, I grew up near Oakland and now I live in Las Vegas so I guess if I "have" any team it'd have to be them or the 49ers.

Maybe you guys are right in the context of the Raiders. I'm just really sick of that receiver corps in general and to me Crabtree was the face of that. He doesn't seem to play like a number on receiver, but it's true that the other guys around him are all worse as far as I can tell. They badly need work in that area, but maybe it's right to keep Crabtree and get rid of someone else or multiple people. But I think Crabtree would work better as a number 2 receiver, his hands aren't good enough and he's not fast enough or large enough to do an elite job at that position which is what you need these days. You look at what the Eagles, Vikings and Saints accomplished in terms of receiving this past season and have to realize that the Raiders are so incredibly far behind it isn't even funny.

On the bad side, it's not like star receivers are just floating around out there waiting to be invited in. Free agency doesn't look like it's gonna be great this year for wideouts or slot, and I don't know much about the draft and how many decent receivers might be available in the middle and late rounds.

I did like how Jared Cook played, he had some good games.

Regarding Marcus Peters, I think everyone was pretty surprised at that. Sure, his attitude seems immature and he's caused tons of problems on that front (he must've caused a LOT more issues that no one heard about to get this to happen) but that secondary is really not that great except for him. They had Darelle Reevis playing for them this year which seemed a bit desperate. I'm not sure how they're planning to address that weakness in the secondary but I hope they do have a plan! The issue is that they have plenty of other positions, mostly on defense to fill as well.

I guess they figured that the controversy and low morale Peters engendered just wasn't worth it, hopefully they're right.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

His strips are baller too. He knows how to take that thing away both by interceptions and takeaways which like someone mentioned can be such a huge momentum changer. I wonder where he's gonna end up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Your team has been quite good and stable for a while, compared to the other three teams in the division recently

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

In 2012, Jovan Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend, then killed himself in front of the head coach and GM in the parking lot.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

In 2012, Jovan Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend, then killed himself in front of the head coach and GM in the parking lot.

And since then, Denver has fallen into chaos, the Raiders announced they're moving and brought back Jon loving Gruden, and the chargers DID move.

It's your turn :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
We're the most recent AFC West team to win multiple Super Bowls :grin:

• Locked thread