Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

AppleCobbler posted:

It's okay to just say you spent $10 to make some esoteric point on the internet.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?s=20

Who's your favorite Cypher Freshman of 2018?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

[Tiny brain] - $10 for a gamertag change

[Normal brain] - $10 on a red text/avatar for somebody

[Monkieu brain] - $10 to get rid of the red text/avatar somebody bought you

[Space brain] - $10 for a Somethingawful Forums account

[Universe brain] - gently caress, another $10 on a Somethingawful Forums rereg

[Transcendent Plane of reality brain] - 2x Little Ceasar's Hot-n-Ready's

[Immortal elder deity of past and future omniscience brain] - 5x Bright Engrams

Every part of this is outstanding, but especially the pizza part. And I think I put monkeu brain between tiny and normal

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Where's "buying an avatar for yourself, realizing you hosed up a minor detail and immediately buying another avatar for yourself to fix it" go?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Where did monkeu go after I ethered him?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Where did monkeu go after I ethered him?

Pokémon Go??

No wait that was dahbadu

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Luke Smith: It's not the engine, it's that to make Destiny 2 fun we'd literally have to buff every single weapon that's available in Destiny 2.
[crowd cheers]
Luke Smith: Ok.
[crowd continues cheering]
Luke Smith: Fair enough. Fair enough. That is a valid position to hold but my colleagues do not agree with buffing every single weapon.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Policenaut posted:

Because everyone assumed with the way Bungie was pitching it that it'd be used for some kind of procedurally generated Prison of Elders or something and instead it turned out to be a slightly randomized, glorified loading screen.

Yeah, that's what he's saying. That the pitch was glorified lore for something that didn't matter or really add anything. It also doesn't help that the pitch feeds directly into the assumption they'd added something the players had been clamouring for.
It'll be like if all this talk of expansion 2/s3 coming with weapon balance is because there's a story mission where you add a bunch of counterweights to guns and now in the lore most exotics feel better to hold.
It was an amatuerish mistake, and could've been avoided by breaking down lore and mechanic selling points, and when fans started saying 'that sounds like procedural content generation, finally an endgame!' Bungie should've stepped in and said 'This expansion adds x hours of story mission to clarify, you've all mixed up the story with the mechanics.'

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 22, 2018

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

TG-Chrono posted:

Luke Smith: It's not the engine, it's that to make Destiny 2 fun we'd literally have to buff every single weapon that's available in Destiny 2.
[crowd cheers]
Luke Smith: Fair enough. Fair enough. That is a valid position to hold but my colleagues do not agree with buffing every single weapon.

I appreciate this deeply

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Put this in the OP

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

TG-Chrono posted:

[crowd cheers]

it is telling of the state of this game and Bungie's capacity for talking about it that I have to ask whether this or something like it actually happened

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SlimGoodbody posted:

it is telling of the state of this game and Bungie's capacity for talking about it that I have to ask whether this or something like it actually happened

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/966503029204832261

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I think you could make OHKO stickies work but they would need to have tracking or whatever toned waaaaay down and some other nerfs

So why bother just do something else.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Someone I know who hates PVP in this game got The Doubt masterwork from his first FWC turnin.

Gun looks pretty smooth. with HCR and snapshot sights.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Someone I know who hates PVP in this game got The Doubt masterwork from his first FWC turnin.

Gun looks pretty smooth. with HCR and snapshot sights.

Haven't tried it yet but plan to. Forward Path iirc beats it with range and stability. Interesting perks tho, it may compete with it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

cvnvcnv posted:

Haven't tried it yet but plan to. Forward Path iirc beats it with range and stability. Interesting perks tho, it may compete with it.

the stability is kind of rear end at 42, but a double kinetic stability hunter set-up might turn it into something.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

:vince:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

There is just absolutely no reason to solo queue right now. Every game is just this.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

VJeff posted:

There is just absolutely no reason to solo queue right now. Every game is just this.

:gitgud:, early rear end morning you should have been watching the Honor Rising card instead, etc.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

[Tiny brain] - $10 for a gamertag change

[Normal brain] - $10 on a red text/avatar for somebody

[Monkieu brain] - $10 to get rid of the red text/avatar somebody bought you

[Space brain] - $10 for a Somethingawful Forums account

[Universe brain] - gently caress, another $10 on a Somethingawful Forums rereg

[Transcendent Plane of reality brain] - 2x Little Ceasar's Hot-n-Ready's

[Immortal elder deity of past and future omniscience brain] - 5x Bright Engrams
Joke's on you, a Little Ceasar's Hot-n-Ready is $5.55 now.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

If anyone's interested, Xur's got Crimson for sale.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Father Wendigo posted:

If anyone's interested, Xur's got Crimson for sale.
*crickets*

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
How are people talking about guns like they play this game? This game is terrible!

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's fun for a while. But then you realize the paucity of content and wander off to greener pastures.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I miss D1

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It's a loot shooter with no loot.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

It's a loot shooter with no loot.
Who could have predicted this a year ago? Like, gently caress.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

"Loot game afraid to give out loot!"

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's not even afraid to give out loot. It gives loot a lot. The same loot... Alot. Over and over with no variation.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

I realize, just adapting a dumb meme.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Just play Bloodborne and close the thread

E: sorry xboners :(

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

popewiles posted:

I realize, just adapting a dumb meme.

I am unaware of that one so I missed it my apologies.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Logged in for the Faction rally and I guess the faction emblems are bugged? Pledged to FWC and it's only showing that I've pledged three times instead of four. Now I'm gonna look like a fuckin scrub when Year 3 rolls around and I don't have a perfect FWC pledge record. So pissed right now.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Logged in for the Faction rally and I guess the faction emblems are bugged? Pledged to FWC and it's only showing that I've pledged three times instead of four. Now I'm gonna look like a fuckin scrub when Year 3 rolls around and I don't have a perfect FWC pledge record. So pissed right now.

Did you equip it? I found that mine, right after I got it, was showing a wrong number until I equipped it forcing a refresh, or whatever. Other than that, Idk. Stupid that even had to happen.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Oh, yeah, that fixed it. :blush:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If anyone wants to see a cheesefactory and blindsite caused meltdown

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/232151579?t=02h23m10s Last round and end of game are amazing.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

popewiles posted:

Its the opposite. The game shits loot on you.

Its just that all the loot is samey and bad.

D1 Vanilla was tight as gently caress with its loot. But the loot was cool and good.

Id take D1 Vanilla any day

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

If anyone wants to see a cheesefactory and blindsite caused meltdown

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/232151579?t=02h23m10s Last round and end of game are amazing.

Its amazing this thumbless retard has more elo than me

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really loved how he pulled power ammo in the second round when it was 2v1 and still wound up losing because his dumb rear end brought a sniper into trials. Also, he can't hit his Better Devils shots to save his life. But it's his buddy's fault for peeking middle for two seconds. :v: I kept watching past the end of the game when Blindsite showed up in his chat, but closed it when he didn't get that he had just played against him. Does he ever actually realize Blindsite was in the game, or does he remain oblivious?

CheeseFactory posted:

Its the opposite. The game shits loot on you.

Its just that all the loot is samey and bad.

D1 Vanilla was tight as gently caress with its loot. But the loot was cool and good.

Id take D1 Vanilla any day

In a way, he's right. The game shits loot on you constantly and doesn't make you do anything difficult to get it, so the loot has no value, thus, it might as well not exist. Remember the Incredibles? "When everything is loot, nothing is." :v:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

VJeff posted:

I really loved how he pulled power ammo in the second round when it was 2v1 and still wound up losing because his dumb rear end brought a sniper into trials. Also, he can't hit his Better Devils shots to save his life. But it's his buddy's fault for peeking middle for two seconds. :v: I kept watching past the end of the game when Blindsite showed up in his chat, but closed it when he didn't get that he had just played against him. Does he ever actually realize Blindsite was in the game, or does he remain oblivious?

In a way, he's right. The game shits loot on you constantly and doesn't make you do anything difficult to get it, so the loot has no value, thus, it might as well not exist. Remember the Incredibles? "When everything is loot, nothing is." :v:

I killed him 3 times. I was hoping for more of a response tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

VJeff posted:

Yeah i just wasted as much time as possible that round. Was surprised as hell when they made the worst possible play.