Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
augias
Apr 7, 2009

it says significant, not that it matters. they have to say the words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KracKiwi
Mar 29, 2002

:byodood: well excuse me, princess!

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
I went to Iowa to meet babes

They just didn't want to meet me, so what

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Mueller's Paradox - every few weeks, Mueller doubles Manafort's charges, eventually racking up 13,451,696 counts of tax evasion

But no matter how many charges are leveled, no indictment reaches TRRUMP!!!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Potato Salad posted:

I'm appreciating that basically nobody actually cares about Shooter #265,395, choosing instead to focus on guns.

I kinda wish someone would connect the dots between him, the alt-right, the militia guys who trained him, and the GOP that encourages them but people are going off on the NRA so that's kinda already covered

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

You might have to explain it to him since shovelbum thinks a brain-scan can tell you if somebody is evil or not

You kid but there are a lot of genes and patterns of brain activity associated with low empathy and impulsive violence, we just don't have the whole picture yet!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:hai:
https://twitter.com/MrGeorgeWallace/status/967102490477916160

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:hai:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Broken Box posted:

Alternatively, CYBERTHUNK

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

feeling a lot more like mid 30s germany every day

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Daycrew posted:

Lmao if u don't have atleast a masters cause it was free

Yeah I'm thinking about going back for a master's just so I don't have the stigma, it'd be a big career setback but socially a huge boon

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

ho drat

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Feldegast42 posted:

I kinda wish someone would connect the dots between him, the alt-right, the militia guys who trained him, and the GOP that encourages them but people are going off on the NRA so that's kinda already covered

unfortunately we'll never know what led the shooter to becoming so hate-filled and violent

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/967101698023002113

are they just moving into a building? building a new building? this seems like an unusually quick timetable

Now for the discussion on whether a foreign service employee has a moral obligation to refuse being be stationed there and/or resign :suicide:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Feldegast42 posted:

Claiming him as a member of a white nationalist group he wasn't actually a member of was a pretty genius way to scare the media off of revisiting that angle

Maybe accidental, maybe not, but he literally posted that he wanted to kill the traitor white womyn who married other races of men, yet very few outlets are even calling him a racist let alone a white supremacist (which he by definition is)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

still lmaoing at Talcum X from yesterday

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
hey weren't we supposed to see an increase on our pay cheques due to the tax cut by now?

my cheque has been identical all year so far

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/967101698023002113

are they just moving into a building? building a new building? this seems like an unusually quick timetable

I think the building was already built for the purpose of holding the embassy a long time ago (when Congress passed the original bill to move it over) so all they had to do was clean out the cobwebs

As you might expect, it's one of the most fortified embassies on Earth

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Feldegast42 posted:

Those who would accept his social media activity for what it plainly is...already have.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oiled and Ready posted:

Claiming him as a member of a white nationalist group he wasn't actually a member of
Link? I don't remember seeing this debunked, but the thread moves fast.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

shovelbum posted:

I feel like there may be weight to words that originates outside of academia also! Like ppl without advanced degrees aren't just existing in a void of meaning where all they can do is emotionally parrot their learned betters!

yes of course there is! i have posted more expanded thoughts on this subject before and I've already delayed gym-going enough so let's leave it at "yes that is granted" and

it's important when having a ~dialogue~ for everyone to be defining their terms, which rarely happens, so we end up with leftists calling man posting slant eye racist (academic-ish definition) and chuds crying NOT RACIST (chud definition because of course guy don't hate them for being of a race he is simply making fun of them........... not racist, LIBTARDS) and nothing gets done and everyone posts past each other

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Daycrew posted:

I went to Iowa to meet babes

They just didn't want to meet me, so what

cspam's 2020 candidate out in the trenches with a campaign promise to release the piss tape

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Oiled and Ready posted:

Claiming him as a member of a white nationalist group he wasn't actually a member of was a pretty genius way to scare the media off of revisiting that angle

Maybe accidental, maybe not, but he literally posted that he wanted to kill the traitor white womyn who married other races of men, yet very few outlets are even calling him a racist let alone a white supremacist (which he by definition is)

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

pathetic little tramp posted:

hey weren't we supposed to see an increase on our pay cheques due to the tax cut by now?

Talk to ur union rep

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

FactsAreUseless posted:

Don't have the links, but it comes down to pedantry on what a "member" is

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

If a shooter said in an Instagram chat that any women who married outside of Islam were infidels who deserved to be killed, how many hours do you think fox would spend on it (and also calling out the other channels for not discussing it every half-hour)

The number is high. It's very high.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The baby? They've got my vote if so.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
oh my god
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/967103834786058241

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

i love how yall continue to make thunk the best smilie ever conceived with the themed edits

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/02/20/lessons-be-learned-rof-florida-shooting-hoax

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

pathetic little tramp posted:

thots and prays

did that help?

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
love how mueller is forcing every plea deal to include lying to investigators. it's like he's taunting torampu

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh wait, I see it now. I get a whole 10 dollars more per cheque now.

Soooo I make 260 more dollars a year now, but moving expenses are no longer deductible, and I'm going to have to pay 600 dollars in tax on a moving stipend so that didn't work out well at all.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

trepm

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thanks!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i live in a tiny model train

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

lmfao

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

FactsAreUseless posted:

seconded

the last thing i saw was less than 24 hours after the shooting, which was just a screenshot of the white supremacist dude denying it on gab or something

and then the local cops said they did not have evidence of the shooter being tied to that group
(a claim you can make about anything within the first 24 hours, because it has not been investigated yet)
(and local cops would def put out a Technically True statement like that to get some heat off their town)

• Locked thread