Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

MarcusSA posted:

Laser tattoo removal hurts so loving bad it’s crazy.

Its so much worse getting them removed than it is getting them done in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
The whole "Pickle Rick" thing hasn't been around that long.

That's a pretty short regret cycle.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That's what's hilarious, that tattoo has gotta be less than a year old.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Do you think they're getting rid of it because they realized the fandom was toxic and they shouldn't have a badge representing it, or is it because they got mocked relentlessly by their family and friends for having a loving Pickle Rick tattoo?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

SpacePig posted:

Do you think they're getting rid of it because they realized the fandom was toxic and they shouldn't have a badge representing it, or is it because they got mocked relentlessly by their family and friends for having a loving Pickle Rick tattoo?

Why can't it be both?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
People went NUTS over Pickle Rick when Adult Swim aired the season trailer/animatics sneaks peeks starting from mid 2016 and they were making all sorts of fan art and homemade action figures and getting tattoos but then when the season actually aired and people discovered that the production company had introduced several :females: to the writing team a whoooooole bunch of them did an about face and started hating on the show, especially when they discovered that the Picke Rick episode ended with a scene where the family goes to therapy and a female psychologist gets the better of Rick.

Edit: but yeah, it's very very likely that the whole szechuan sauce fiasco made them embarrassed to be publicly identified as a R&M fan

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 21:01 on Feb 23, 2018

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Someone send help, I can't stop laughing.

Did the flash cause a seizure? Are we in the Get Out universe?

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Jamesman posted:

The electrical current straight to his brain probably did it

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Jamesman posted:

He's trying to light his smoke with a taser, not take a picture on his a phone.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Hardcordion posted:

That's what I thought too but how did he get tasered then? Paper and tobacco don't conduct electricity.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Krankenstyle posted:

is he doing a bunny ears silhouette w his hand :neckbeard:

No, but that would be way cooler. "House bunny enthusiasts represent"

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Doctor Malaver posted:

That's what I thought too but how did he get tasered then? Paper and tobacco don't conduct electricity.

A freshly rolled blunt would probably be moist enough to conduct a stun gun zap. I can't imagine how loving horrible it would be to get tased on the lips.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Doctor Malaver posted:

Everything conducts electricity, some things just don't do it very well.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Hardcordion posted:

I see it now, but I still want to pretend there's an old white person in there.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed
It's even stupider. That's a metal knife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Y5D5FkkeU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

A freshly rolled blunt would probably be moist enough to conduct a stun gun zap. I can't imagine how loving horrible it would be to get tased on the lips.

Stun guns don't hurt you after they're no longer zapping, and the only paralysis from one of those to the face would be from shock or :monocle: faking it

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

BrianBoitano posted:

Stun guns don't hurt you after they're no longer zapping, and the only paralysis from one of those to the face would be from shock or :monocle: faking it

Ah gently caress that poo poo

Pass me a Tide pod

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

People went NUTS over Pickle Rick when Adult Swim aired the season trailer/animatics sneaks peeks starting from mid 2016 and they were making all sorts of fan art and homemade action figures and getting tattoos but then when the season actually aired and people discovered that the production company had introduced several :females: to the writing team a whoooooole bunch of them did an about face and started hating on the show, especially when they discovered that the Picke Rick episode ended with a scene where the family goes to therapy and a female psychologist gets the better of Rick.

Edit: but yeah, it's very very likely that the whole szechuan sauce fiasco made them embarrassed to be publicly identified as a R&M fan

I want to believe they aren't getting tattoo removal for that reason.
S3 really wasn't great though and at the same time the toxicity of the fanbase has rocketed like nothing I remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NcVIj_TRTE

This was a terrible thing that happened

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Doctor Malaver posted:

Ah gently caress that poo poo

Pass me a Tide pod

Here's some science and some funny to make up for it. All timestamped.

Tasers are for pain compliance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOMs7mYm_zs&t=282s

Gif dude with knife in mouth didn't feel anything in that self-taze video anyhow, since the path of least resistance went through the metal, not through his body. Here's ElectroBOOM again explaining with a bug zapper:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0314QOklz8&t=52s

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If it were me it would mostly be that S3 was sort of crappy and forgettable, like S2. Some shows only really have a season in them.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

more idiot taser adventures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xKqbzd7HgQ

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Pick posted:

If it were me it would mostly be that S3 was sort of crappy and forgettable, like S2. Some shows only really have a season in them.

also s3 was on the level of s1+2, except :females: were also writing it so it was obviously worse.

its a pretty good show but lol at freaking out about it

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

freelop posted:

I want to believe they aren't getting tattoo removal for that reason.
S3 really wasn't great though and at the same time the toxicity of the fanbase has rocketed like nothing I remember.

toxic as hell, sure, but s3 has The Ricklantis Mixup and thus I will hear no words against it
:goonsay:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

SpacePig posted:

“Why’d you tattoo a turd on yourself”

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there's too much family struggle bullshit in S3, nobody has ever cared about that

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jackass has so much to answer for.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:nws: https://i.imgur.com/cFYrZLG.jpg :nws:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

hawowanlawow posted:

there's too much family struggle bullshit in S3, nobody has ever cared about that

actually the scifi is just an excuse to explore interpersonal relationships

:goonsay:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pick posted:

Some shows only really have a season in them.
See also: Community.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

needo the greedo

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Olive! posted:

needo the greedo

Related: does anyone have the picture of trump but his eyes are replaced by the butthole greedo?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

Exactly.

Liked the show tons better when they stuck to weird-rear end science poo poo, not melodramatic family squabbles. It was so dumb and absolutely tanked the show whenever it came up past a one-off joke in the occasional episode.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Related: does anyone have the picture of trump but his eyes are replaced by the butthole greedo?

i thought butthole greedo was his mouth?!

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
The Citadel episode and the memories episode we're both after Pickle Rick, and they were the best of the season. All the stupidity surrounding Pickle Rick and the Szechuan incident was painful to watch, but it's still a fun show.

I wonder how much money I could make at cons selling "Fandom ruins everything" t-shirts.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Lol if you kept watching after the mcdonalds sellout scene

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
They didn't get any money from McDonald's though - in fact the whole McDonald's szechuan promotion really carefully avoided mentioning any official tie in with the show.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Personally, I don't let weird fans ruin my enjoyment of something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Fister Roboto posted:

Personally, I don't let weird fans ruin my enjoyment of something.

same

i only became aware that it was a thing a couple months later & its already dead and gone so who honestly cares