Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I did a genetic test a while back and I was shocked and dismayed to learn that a certain percentage of my genetics unexpectedly come from Britain, so I feel justified shitposting about Brexit in this thread according to the tradition of jus sanguinis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

twoday posted:

I did a genetic test a while back and I was shocked and dismayed to learn that a certain percentage of my genetics unexpectedly come from Britain, so I feel justified shitposting about Brexit in this thread according to the tradition of jus sanguinis.

Sorry for your troubles friend.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

just sanguinis is what they order at the bar at the presidents club im pretty sure

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Market for Canadian seal sausages: found

unfortunately since you made no plans for independent customs, we're selling to smugglers on the Isle of Man and they are marking that poo poo up 300%

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Barry Foster posted:

lol, no we do not. All our trade is all through the EU. It would be a hard reset on everything

Trump would slime all over the UK in that case. That filth has been salivating for a chance to negotiate lovely trade deals with a Euro partner since he got into office. Your food in London would literally be the same stuff that I eat in Minneapolis, except worse and more expensive because it would all have to be imported.

Hope you like getting super-fat on corn sugar.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Zeroisanumber posted:

Trump would slime all over the UK in that case. That filth has been salivating for a chance to negotiate lovely trade deals with a Euro partner since he got into office. Your food in London would literally be the same stuff that I eat in Minneapolis, except worse and more expensive because it would all have to be imported.

Hope you like getting super-fat on corn sugar.

Trump's too busy being scared to take a trip there because the UK government won't crack down on any protests that might pop up around his visit. :sad:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/comment/morten-morland-i-spy-jeremy-corbyn-zjfp093ld

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/HKesvani/status/967325076432523265

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

twoday posted:

What's the source of the jam thing?

I recall that there is some kind of leftist beekeepers union or gardening club, do they also make jam?

his childhood nickname was jelly

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

i love that 'not answering stupid leading questions from right wing rags' is actually 'totalitarian control of the news'

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kitfox88 posted:

i love that 'not answering stupid leading questions from right wing rags' is actually 'totalitarian control of the news'

Look, if the right-wing rags don't have a total monopoly on public discourse it's basically equivalent to Stalinism.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Far Right Watch (only follow them on Twitter so they are potentially a bit poo poo) seem to track IPSO complaints based on their rulings and claims the top 4 papers committing breaches of the editors code are, in order, Express, Mail, Sun, Telegraph. http://www.farrightwatch.net/2016/0...e=socialnetwork

So yeah the rightwing press think and act like they should be free to print anything they like and to question that is censorship of the worst kind.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nebakenezzer posted:

Market for Canadian seal sausages: found

unfortunately since you made no plans for independent customs, we're selling to smugglers on the Isle of Man and they are marking that poo poo up 300%

It seems impossible that something that stupid and terrible could happen, but I hope all the UK goons have a couple extra boxes of granola bars and cans of soup in their pantry, just in case

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Guy Goodbody posted:

It seems impossible that something that stupid and terrible could happen, but I hope all the UK goons have a couple extra boxes of granola bars and cans of soup in their pantry, just in case

I was just planning on joining the nearest roving band of scavengers, to be honest. And hoping that I'm not their version of granola and soup.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm just getting fat as hell now instead

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
lol at the meltdown in the main thread wrt any criticism of the wildly overprivileged city of London vs literally anywhere else but esp the English regions

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

thanks for the update on the dnd thread, jbrereton. over to jose with the weather report

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

R. Mute posted:

thanks for the update on the dnd thread, jbrereton. over to jose with the weather report

"they are telling me that there's some kind of "weather emergency alert" i'm supposed to read but eh it will probably be fine."

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

it's england i thought yall just get rain and not much else

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Kitfox88 posted:

There was that one year when it got super-hot and a bunch of olds died.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

CoolCab posted:

"they are telling me that there's some kind of "weather emergency alert" i'm supposed to read but eh it will probably be fine."

Hahahaha, nice.

The slap fight over the fence is loving boring. I know d&d doesn't exist solely for my entertainment, but still

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

wait yall hold people accountable over there to any degree? :prepop:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Ben Bradley is insanely stupid so he made a claim so clearly defamatory and obviously false that he had no way to defend it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

might eb about to have a natioanl emergency cold weather warning

i might get stuck in a hurricane when i visit australia in april i guess

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

There was that one year when it got super-hot and a bunch of olds died.

insensitive way to describe grenfell imo

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

namesake posted:

WE. ARE. COR. BOYS! (CORBOYS!)

COMMIE-CRAZY CORBOYS (CORBOYS!)

MARX-N-ENGLES COMMIE-CRAZY CORBOYS (CORBOYS!)

FTFY

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Squizzle posted:

:vince:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Ben Bradley is insanely stupid so he made a claim so clearly defamatory and obviously false that he had no way to defend it.

when people do that over here we elect them to public office afterwards as god intended

edit: forgot this isn't the trump thread, sorry for double posting.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Authors of anti-Corbyn editorials always seem to have weirdly aristocratic names and appearances but the one who just said he's a Czechoslovakian spy takes the cake by being named Sir Richard Dearlove

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/Jfarrers/status/967387541551886336?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

Here, have a picture of a really stupid easter egg.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/967526056243748864

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

how timely

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Squizzle posted:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only first person shooter I need is a first person pointing simulator that counts how many trains I’ve nationalized

the final boss attempts multi-track drifting

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
"Great British Game, At Its Best"

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/967396971219734528
https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/967394779800702976

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/alasdair_clark/status/967011455538286592

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

loving lmao

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/25/corbyn-czechoslovakian-spy-cold-war-long-shadow-labour-left

:rolleyes: gruanidad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:vince: