Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Caganer posted:

best episode is hot halloween roz

I was shocked they let a reference to The Story of O on tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Cosmik Slop posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you people

the parking garage episode is frasier getting totally completely wrecked by a nonissue because of his ridiculous hubris, it's like the ur-frasier

plus i think the payoff at the end is p funny

like i said, though, it's long enough and awkward enough that you really don't want to watch it too often

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this big ham is my favourite son. you guys are too fancy and bad

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

food court bailiff posted:

the parking garage episode is frasier getting totally completely wrecked by a nonissue because of his ridiculous hubris, it's like the ur-frasier

plus i think the payoff at the end is p funny

like i said, though, it's long enough and awkward enough that you really don't want to watch it too often

Frasier did nothing wrong

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Didn't he make a funny face when he found that, too? Show me the funny Frasier face!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Casting director: "Yes, this man should be an X-man action hero"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
To be fair, I think he'd make a hilarious superhero. Not entirely sure who. Okay as Beast, I suppose. Reed Richards?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

beast is about as frasier crane as you can possibly be in a mainstream comic book, and the fact that he already has s1 frasier hair probably helped grammar nail the role

seriously though replace "dinner party" with "idiotic experiment that almost kills all of reality" and "radio show" with "blue fur" and they're identical

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Either that or the long awaited crossover where they meet the disowned third Crane brother, Jonathan.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

that was amazing

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Everyone in Cafe Nervosa covers their ears as the man who swallowed spiders once again proves himself a braggart.

I wish that would fit as the thread title

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

le cafe nervous!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Well Dad, you never thanked Maris for the dinner you were not at.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Well Dad, you never thanked Maris for the dinner you were not at.

She's stuffed in the kitchen drawer now.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

dsriggs posted:

She's stuffed in the kitchen drawer now.

(DAPHNE enters carrying a cake. She places the cake on the balcony and throws it over the rail.)

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

How dare you! He isn't even wearing his fancy shirt.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Ah! Sherry ham! Sherry ham! Oh, sherry ham!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

holy poo poo

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
It was a mistake. They said they were trying to find some place to buy English boys' pants.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Oh Daphne Moon, there's no sprinkler system that can put out the fire in your head.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

:aaaaa:

MARTIN
It's no problem. I didn't want you to make me a nice smooth guy, so that's fine.
MARTIN rolls himself up and puts himself behind the counter.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Dixville posted:

:aaaaa:

MARTIN
It's no problem. I didn't want you to make me a nice smooth guy, so that's fine.
MARTIN rolls himself up and puts himself behind the counter.

I can't believe you would even ask me to iron this old fogey.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Yeah the parking garage episode had a great payoff, but it took ages to get there.

Also the spelling bee episode was great:

Niles posted:

I was a little younger than you. I'd been winning numerous competitions, but I was obsessed with one thing and one thing only: the National Championship. The time finally came and there I was, standing on that stage, waiting for the judge to say the final word, and suddenly it happened. It all clicked. All the rules, "i before e", assimilations, etymologies, they all became one. And then, became nothing. In that moment, I realized there was no word I couldn't spell. Competitions didn't matter anymore because I was one with the higher truth that is spelling. So when the judge said that last word, I just walked away.

Freddie posted:

Didn't you care what people said?

Niles posted:

Oh, people said a lot of things that weren't true. "He didn't know the word." "He was scared." "Mafia this..." No, it didn't bother me. Because they couldn't take away what I knew in my heart. You know how to spell, and it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

also

Niles posted:

People, stop please! Look at yourselves. This is wrong. What are words, after all, but a way to communicate, to bring us together? But you, you're using them as weapons! Now, we still have an opportunity to walk away from here as winners, and wouldn't that be the greatest Spell-abration of all?

Frasier posted:

He's right, Son, let's go home.
[They turn and head for the door with Niles.]

John posted:

Yeah, we're all winners. Except for the two cheaters!
[The Crane boys stop, then collect themselves and continue.]

Warren posted:

Hey, you know how to spell "loser"? C-R-A-N-E.
[Again, the Cranes halt a moment, then keep going.]

John posted:

You don't have to worry about ever seeing him again, Son. Chances are he'll end up in a state school.
[Freddie, Frasier and Niles whirl around, rage on their faces.]

Niles posted:

How DARE you! [to Freddie] Can you take him?

Freddie posted:

Yeah!

Niles posted:

Then spell his rear end off!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can't help but think the Spelling Bee episode inspired the IT Crowd episode with street Scrabble.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I might try watching a couple episodes. I've always avoided that show like the plague.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Just watched the episode where Frasier dates a supermodel who is working on her PhD. Quite apart from how unbelievable it is that someone like Frasier could land her, I find it even more amazing that he keeps trashy wine like Beaujolais Nouveau in his apartment.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Octy posted:

Just watched the episode where Frasier dates a supermodel who is working on her PhD. Quite apart from how unbelievable it is that someone like Frasier could land her, I find it even more amazing that he keeps trashy wine like Beaujolais Nouveau in his apartment.

:discourse:

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Well, you certainly would never have found it in Evelyn Waugh's cellar.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Octy posted:

Just watched the episode where Frasier dates a supermodel who is working on her PhD. Quite apart from how unbelievable it is that someone like Frasier could land her.

Money upsets the natural order of things.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Frasier's dating life was enviable even by 90s sitcom protagonist standards, not that it stops him complaining. Remember the ep where he dates a startup's token businesswoman and ends up hanging out with the trophy wives?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Inescapable Duck posted:

Frasier's dating life was enviable even by 90s sitcom protagonist standards, not that it stops him complaining. Remember the ep where he dates a startup's token businesswoman and ends up hanging out with the trophy wives?

Sam. She was a lawyer, and she was more famous and assertive than him, and he was an idiot to let her/Faye/Mia/and Claire go. Actually all of Frasier's ex lovers were pretty great accept for Kate (because of the acting) and Julia. Those two were almost as bad as Diane.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sam. She was a lawyer, and she was more famous and assertive than him, and he was an idiot to let her/Faye/Mia/Claire/Captain Picard go. Actually all of Frasier's ex lovers were pretty great accept for Kate (because of the acting) and Julia. Those two were almost as bad as Diane.

Fixed that list for you. Patrick Stewart was hilariously perfect for Mr. Frasier.

Duke's daughter and the barfly played by Bridgette Wilson weren't exactly stellar. You are right though, trying to think of all the bad women Frasier dated, and they are significantly fewer in number than the decent ones where he just hosed it up by being Frasier. Although there were a few to be sure.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I love how many of his relationships were blown up by Frasier freaking out over a problem outside the relationship, which he couldn't help but project all over the relationship itself.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The joke is that he is a psychiatrist with major brain problems

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This morning I watched the episode where the awful Julia spoils Niles and Daphne's baby announcement and Frasier finally throws her out, but not before she was choking to death and everyone ignored her. One of the better episodes in the faded final season.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

supernatural blonde posted:

This morning I watched the episode where the awful Julia spoils Niles and Daphne's baby announcement and Frasier finally throws her out, but not before she was choking to death and everyone ignored her. One of the better episodes in the faded final season.

fuckboy frasier

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That last season was weird as hell. Not least of all for the crazy amount of backpedaling they had to do to get Roz back at the station and not in love with Frasier.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Inescapable Duck posted:

I get it now!