Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I still can't really believe deep down that America, worldwide symbol of the power of immigration, is run by nativists now. It's complete mind bending nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it's time to quit Facebook

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

trū
nm

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmoa he went to shake the stump

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

euphronius posted:

something from the 911 report years ago

my Brain is full of holes so idk

also lol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bin_Ladin_Determined_To_Strike_in_US

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Bin_Ladin_Determined_To_Strike_in_US_%28August_2001%29.pdf

.... it says exactly what happens

wtf

did bush actually do 9/11?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
and if he has to touch your filthy hand hes gonna try to rip your arm off your body.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

how do they account for random wind and poo poo in archery competitions that are held outside? can you just stand there forever until the mario golf flag isn't moving??

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

you're supposed to tickle the arm stump

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lihop

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

yes

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

SKULL.GIF posted:

this thread has generated nearly 20,000 posts in 3 days

every Trump thread post deserves to be displayed at the smithsonian

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

Unperson_47 posted:

how do they account for random wind and poo poo in archery competitions that are held outside? can you just stand there forever until the mario golf flag isn't moving??

it's like curling, u have people opposite the direction of the wind blowing air 2 try and right the course

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

DryGoods posted:

WEENERfarTS LOL

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

:wrong:
https://twitter.com/jebbush/status/644542458735525888

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i guess the "i wouldnt read cnn's bullshit pre-written questions" was totally lying and cnn has emails to prove they were lying.

whoops lmao

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

CodeJanitor posted:

:pray: Let it be air borne

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

DryGoods posted:

tormp

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

DryGoods posted:

more like SMDHsonian

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

kick donald trump in his tiny, shriveled sack

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

yes

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

SF is finally trying to do something about rampant homelessness and property crime (especially car break ins and bike theft), because big business is finally getting fed up with the lost revenue from the city's growing negative reputation (its not like they arent still making bank, but those extra bucks are needed for like, robodicks and clones and new yachts and stuff :911:). Here's a news segment focusing on those poor tourism business dudes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phrGhz4depY

"tarnishing our brand"

lmao

oh and all this attention is taking the form of extra arrests, meanwhile people stay addicted and insane and homeless and there still isnt enough housing, and poo poo is still gonna get shitted on the streets, and poo poo is still gonna get injected into butts, and poo poo is still gonna get stolen from cars...just maybe not as much anymore in the fancy areas and in the areas that the fancy folks want to colonize next

:capitalism:

Also, while the homeless population does seem larger and more insane/addicted than ever before, IMO a lot of this attention is simply the result of the rise of the internet and social media and the fact that everyone has a camera in their pocket now (lmao SF cucked by its own success)...and fox news style right wing propaganda too lol. Because SF has had a bad homeless problem for decades, and the crime rate used to be even worse, yet the city had less of a reputation for sketchy things.

I also wouldn't be surprised if business interests in SF (tourism and real estate in particular) are behind some of this attention on bad poo poo (by doing stuff like funding studies or amplifying criticism after SF's negatives became more well known), in an attempt to get the populace on board with an extreme gentrification push in impoverished holdout areas like the tenderloin. There was a recent study that the news has been talking about, that said conditions in downtown SF were as bad or worse than many third world slums, in regards to drug use, homelessness, discarded needles, street making GBS threads, and littering (all of which may be true, to be fair). But the part of downtown SF that it focused on was 90% comprised of the tenderloin, which is a poor area that makes up like 10% of downtown SF...and is also an area real estate people have been salivating over since the 1970s when anti gentrification laws were enacted to protect it from tourist hotel development. Also the study neglected to mention the name "tenderloin" even once

:tinfoil:

anyways gimme some nuggets and a diet coke (with extra "die" lmbo)

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

man bush was so much worse than trump so far

loving hell

at least u guys got uh.... common core? i can't remember if people like that. i was young during the bush years ok

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Quotey posted:

it's like curling, u have people opposite the direction of the wind blowing air 2 try and right the course

god speed, Bubble Ghost ghost

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
lol turns out that chud kid was making up the bullshit about CNN forcing him to ask a certain question

https://twitter.com/ErikWemple/status/967187454695563265

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/967199899551977473
amazon soon hopefully

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

ArmZ posted:

it's funny that manafort has committed crimes for two fascist aristocrats with extremely gauche taste, ties to the russian mob, and a misogynistic desire to imprison their blond female presidential rivals

He also worked for Marcos, Mobutu, and Dole.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

W. BUSH!

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

lol turns out that chud kid was making up the bullshit about CNN forcing him to ask a certain question

the truth doesnt matter lol. they will never look at these

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

pathetic little tramp posted:

a Trump supporter making up poo poo to make CNN look bad??? WELL I NEVER!!!!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

i'm gonna manufacture curling stones with razor blades ont eh bottom that carve a tracks in the ice to lead the other team's stones astray. on my road to gold curlailrures

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

kevin mccarthy knew all along for sure

https://twitter.com/business/status/967155091819114499

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
CNN does a great job of looking bad all on their own little dude, they dont need help

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Quotey posted:

there's actually been a sort of campaign in the UK for muslim communities policing themselves and reporting anyone whos gone a bit too far to be looked at. idk how successful it is, have u considered doing it with chuds?

wait the president is a chud? no that cant be right

Iirc this already exists and they reported a problem dude multiple times to FBI in Cali a while back

Turned out the dude in question was a FBI agent trying to radicalize young men to entrap them

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

reminder that the heroic parkland cops hung back in the parking lot while the kids were getting shot and bleeding out, i think only about two days after trump had just been pinning medals of valor on other bluelives

and here's some doctors and nurses voluntarily choosing to leave their comfortable lives in the US to go help people with a horrific, high mortality infectious disease because someone needs to

the man who loudly and publicly opined "they must suffer the consequences!" is now president of the united states because there are no united states anymore

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

oh most definitely

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why are all these companies suddenly bailing on the nra

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Mirthless posted:

Ruby Ridge was in 1992 so there was clearly some point where we cared about the things crazy right wing fuckos did
Even if Weaver was a maga chud, Ruby Ridge was such a farcical piece of overreach that the government paid him 3 million dollars and it should be in absolutely 100% no way seen as a Good Thing by anyone.

Like "this guy wouldn't be a snitch to the ATF so after entrapping him by faking being normal people broke down on the road we then killed most of his family, and still jailed him for missing a court date" is pretty out there and if you are an antifa sympathiser that is not a model of policing you should endorse, imo (interestingly the one dissenting judge when it came to the "what the gently caress was that" verdict was now-Senator Dianne Feinstein (D), still a promoter of a very authoritarian state today).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its frankly too easy to pair this dril tweet with anything

• Locked thread