Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
That little lunge makes all the difference in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

A.o.D. posted:

That little lunge makes all the difference in the world.

Will it actually increase the hit box though? Or will it just match the box that's already in place, which makes it seem like Jason jumps a foot when he grabs people farther away?

I just want the weapon changeability man, get that in place STAT! I might actually use part V and not feel ridiculous swinging at doors with hedgeclippers.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
According to the devs, it's an animation change only.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

A.o.D. posted:

According to the devs, it's an animation change only.

That makes sense since they just changed the box

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I finally released what the 'Mute copyrighted music' setting is for after all this time. It's for people that want to stream the game and not get in trouble for rebroadcasting music from the movies.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Ok so all you Jason masters that think there shouldn't be a stun cool down. What is your strategy for 5 Chads with wrenches? Literally that was the only group left, they were coordinated. It was all in fun, I was having fun with them but seriously guys. Jason shouldn't be able to be stunned 20 times without some penalty.

I know you guys (tinfoil and others) are masters at this game, but I'm not. Stuff like that shouldn't even be allowed to happen.

edit: My bad, 4 Chads and a Tommy.

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 25, 2018

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Comfortador posted:

Ok so all you Jason masters that think there shouldn't be a stun cool down. What is your strategy for 5 Chads with wrenches? Literally that was the only group left, they were coordinated. It was all in fun, I was having fun with them but seriously guys. Jason shouldn't be able to be stunned 20 times without some penalty.

I know you guys (tinfoil and others) are masters at this game, but I'm not. Stuff like that shouldn't even be allowed to happen.

Get into combat mode and block - if you're lucky one of their hits won't count and it'll let you swing at 'em.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Comfortador posted:

4 Chads and a Tommy.

I love that sitcom

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Jetamo posted:

Get into combat mode and block - if you're lucky one of their hits won't count and it'll let you swing at 'em.

I was able to get shot in, I got real close with some of them but they had a bunch of sprays. Like I said we were all bullshitting while it was happening so it wasn't like I was in rage-quit mode it just seemed a little crazy that 4/5 people can just.... do whatever they want. Combat mode didn't help me for poo poo and I see why people complain about it. You lose all your mobility when you do that. These are speedy Chads. They recognize combat mode and they can jog away.

Danaru posted:

I love that sitcom

Hah nice, I was trying to think of some other Chad-80s sitcom puns but I'm coming up dry. Who's the Chad? Chadding Pains? My Two Chads?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Comfortador posted:

Start swinging. Eventually a couple of hits will get through and someone will panic and get just far enough away from the group that you can get a quick grab kill off. Keep this up and slowly start picking them off until they're easier to manage.

e: I would actually advise against going into combat mode in most situations like this since it causes you to auto-target people who are close to you which can make it much more difficult to go after the stragglers. That and the most aggressive people most likely have pocket knives.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 25, 2018

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Comfortador posted:

My Two Chads?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Danaru posted:

I love that sitcom

I remember when it was Four Chads, a Tommy, and a Pizza Place

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Amusingly I was just in a game where a Jason 8 rampaged everyone except Chad, who proceeded to dance around him for ten minutes, go through 6 health sprays and generally be untouchable while Jason's guy mused about how little can be done on Jason's end if the other guy actually knows what he's doing.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I haven't played in like 5 months and now my best friend FINALLY got the game and there's like a shitzillion changes to it and I'm so confused.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

DeathChicken posted:

Amusingly I was just in a game where a Jason 8 rampaged everyone except Chad, who proceeded to dance around him for ten minutes, go through 6 health sprays and generally be untouchable while Jason's guy mused about how little can be done on Jason's end if the other guy actually knows what he's doing.

It's true. People always bitch and whine about how Jason is "OP" but a good counselor can clown on Jason for like 10+ minutes. An organized team of pro counselors can absolutely wipe the floor with pretty much any Jason. About all a Jason can do in that situation is hope that the pros wear themselves out and make one stupid mistake that ends up cascading into like a whole team wipeout.

A good Long Game Jason helps with a pro team, something like a Part 6 or Part 8. A pro team will totally wreck my poo poo if I'm Part 4, but Part 6 or 8 will eventually whittle them down even it takes me down to the final 2 minutes.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Comfortador posted:

Kill the other 2. Now who's fixing things? Nobody, that's who. :murder:

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Kill the other 2. Now who's fixing things? Nobody, that's who. :murder:

Haha they got away in the car after calling the cops. I was mid-Chad when I heard the car start up. I was in gently caress-it mode by then. (Not that calling the cops mattered because no one was leaving)

I think the other 2 were an AJ and a Bugzy. The person who was a Tommy had been a Deborah and I apologized for killing her but I needed to remove the nerds from the equation.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I enjoy the times when it becomes clear the councilors are going to bum rush the drat phone (this is easy to spot because someone will go spring your phone trap even way before they could have reasonably found a fuse). It tends to become a death trap of people endlessly attempting to distract-and-phone while you repeatedly pick people off.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

DeathChicken posted:

I enjoy the times when it becomes clear the councilors are going to bum rush the drat phone (this is easy to spot because someone will go spring your phone trap even way before they could have reasonably found a fuse). It tends to become a death trap of people endlessly attempting to distract-and-phone while you repeatedly pick people off.

Yeah I cut the power, but they had all coordinated and I knew the organization was just too good so I started having fun with them.. For instance I told them if a Chad repaired the power box I would let him without killing him. I of course could put the power back down again but after 3 or 4 tries they kept me stunned while getting the call off.

It was just a feeling of inevitability. I could swipe and get them on the verge of walking away injured but the others would stun me and he'd heal himself or they would heal them.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/268037/someone-put-statue-jason-voorhees-minnesota-lake-divers-stumble-across/

This kind of owns.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I randomly watched Jason Goes to Hell and wow but that was a cheap suit they had on Jason (for the ten minutes or so he was on camera). That was on a "This costume belongs on MST3K" level.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DeathChicken posted:

I randomly watched Jason Goes to Hell and wow but that was a cheap suit they had on Jason (for the ten minutes or so he was on camera). That was on a "This costume belongs on MST3K" level.

The giant puffy head does not help matters

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I think it was the VC or somewhere else where I read that they didn't actually make the Jason mask breathable for the wearer :shepface: That seems like an important oversight, and probably wouldn't have gone over with anyone who wasn't Hodder

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Tbf they blew him up, so it's not like he needed to breathe

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Gunn did a better job with Jason IX than Jason IX did.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Gunn did a better job with Jason IX than Jason IX did.

Goddamn you for getting my hopes up for a James Gunn Friday the 13th movie.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Phylodox posted:

Goddamn you for getting my hopes up for a James Gunn Friday the 13th movie.

I'll pay good money for a Friday the 13th movie featuring his wife (Jenna Fischer) as the final girl.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
related
:nws:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I'll pay good money for a Friday the 13th movie featuring his wife (Jenna Fischer) as the final girl.

Ex-wife.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

What an idiot

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

That's fantastic. hahaha.

edit: I forgot I only mentioned this in the GBS Friday the 13th thread, but if anyone is into electronic/synth music (then you probably already know this) Carpenter Brut's new album "Leather Teeth" is a faux-soundtrack to an 80s slasher movie that has never been made. It's great.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Listening to that Carpenter Brut album, nothing on it reminded me of any slasher movie music I've ever heard until Beware the Beast. That's just straight-up slasher movie credits music, like I could imagine hearing that at the end of a mid-franchise Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th movie.

e: I mean I guess there's a lot of Manfredini influence, like some of it vaguely reminds me of the disco-esque music that opens Part 3. It's a good album but it just wasn't screaming "slasher movie soundtrack" until Beware the Beast.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Brut's music is more influenced by the works of Carpenter, Ferguson, Badalamenti, Fidel, Tyler, etc. than Manfredi, but they do have their own style.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Drunken Baker posted:

edit: I forgot I only mentioned this in the GBS Friday the 13th thread, but if anyone is into electronic/synth music (then you probably already know this) Carpenter Brut's new album "Leather Teeth" is a faux-soundtrack to an 80s slasher movie that has never been made. It's great.

Thanks for the heads up on the new Carpenter Brut. It's short but it was really good. Might go see them when they come to SF next month.

King Vidiot posted:

Listening to that Carpenter Brut album, nothing on it reminded me of any slasher movie music I've ever heard until Beware the Beast. That's just straight-up slasher movie credits music, like I could imagine hearing that at the end of a mid-franchise Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th movie.

e: I mean I guess there's a lot of Manfredini influence, like some of it vaguely reminds me of the disco-esque music that opens Part 3. It's a good album but it just wasn't screaming "slasher movie soundtrack" until Beware the Beast.

Eh I got a "Italian/European slasher being passed as an American slasher" vibe from the soundtrack. Those were pretty big in the 80's.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Drunken Baker posted:

If you like fake 80s soundtracks, then there is a surprisingly large amount of bands that do fake giallo/low budget action movie soundtracks - a lot of them riffing of Dario Argento soundtracks and similar as well as the more synthwave John Carpenter and suchlike inspired ones.

This Spotify playlist has a lot of that kind of thing and real giallo stuff: https://open.spotify.com/user/evilprime/playlist/5OqwQnmC2axjoRNP6kYTNy?si=OVRk82vETky5H42pM9GQsw

Sacrestia Del Santissimo Sangue are pretty good for overblown fake giallo horror soundtrack. They're not really horror themed, but Unit Black Flight or Vercetti Technicolor are my favourite fake 80s action/thriller soundtrack bands.

Carpenter Brut are awesome though regardless and their live show is absolutely great. They are one of those bands that even if you're only a bit into them, they're worth catching live.

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 2, 2018

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Played online for the first time in a few months, figured I'd have an embarrassing first few rounds as I got back into it.

Turns out I manage to kill 7/8 people with relative ease. Rage is active, I'm morphing around trying to sense Tommy but the little poo poo is too squirrely for me to detect.

I think to myself "Three or so minute left in the match. The car, phone, and boat are still completely dismantled, what would I do if I was Tommy?"

Love this fuckin' game

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Should have hid in an outhouse, no one checks those

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

DeathChicken posted:

Should have hid in an outhouse, no one checks those

I legit wouldn't have checked the outhouses, honestly. :v: I'm lucky I thought to check the tents, and EXTREMELY lucky that he happened to be in the first tent I checked.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That is one thing the bots are pretty good at, ducking into a cabin when their fear is low, getting under a bed and making you sift through multiple beds to find them. They don't turn up on Sense and they never make noise, unless they happen to be in a cabin with a generator to break.

Of course they will also do this when they're still in sight of you, but it's clever when it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Thank you!

• Locked thread