Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Boon posted:

Because I messed up. Still, 2 of the 3 being able to pull a 3++...

That's going to be in EVERY Imperial army at Adepticon.

And to think, people were complaining about mortal wounds earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
The funny thing is that, in comparison, my Phoenix Lords for pretty much the same cost:
a) Do not have an invulnerable save
b) Move half as fast
c) Have 3 points less T
d) Have 1 point less W
e) Have 1 point less S

Those bikes are well costed IMHO.

Boon fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 24, 2018

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

As a lapsed player getting back into the game, what does “++” mean?

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Invulnerable save, a save AP doesn't affect.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
+: Normal save
++: invulnerable save
+++: save after the save, stuff like disgustingly resilient or custodes psychic defense

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Since I last posted this wonderful jewel, I clipped off the chainfist blade, replaced it with a warsphinx tomb king halberd. :black101:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Maybe it's a question of perspective; I've been a salty ham player since 2nd edition and it's difficult for me to imagine GW even remotely changing their core emphasis on 40K being exclusively a casual game. Maybe GW really is turning over a new leaf and wants things to be balanced and fair enough that players could enjoy tournaments that aren't just meta-stomping exploit festivals. It's unlikely to make me want to play in anything that's anything but casual and fun, but who knows. For me the game is about having fun with someone and throwing dice, and less about winning. That's why stuff like Open War is so much fun for me; if you go into assuming that it's going to be random and fun then it doesn't particularly matter how bad you get stomped.

Obviously I'm also a terrible player, so there's that.

:same:

Play with good friends and the other problems basically go away.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Critique my latest list please.

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [45 PL, 860pts] ++

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 175pts]: Salvo Launcher

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 160pts]: Hurricane Bolter

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [63 PL, 1130pts] ++

+ HQ +

+ Fast Attack +

Vertus Praetors [15 PL, 270pts]
. Vertus Praetor: Hurricane Bolter

++ Total: [108 PL, 1990pts] ++

:gas:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [45 PL, 860pts] ++

+ HQ +

+ HQ +

+ Fast Attack +

This would probably be incredibly fun to use, to be completely fair. Maybe a little less so to face.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

+ HQ +

+ HQ +

+ Fast Attack +

I think the praetors could be better as shield captains. You might be able to do 2 Supreme command detachments and fit in a guard battalion for cp farming.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
May be a little underpowered compared to the Tau Fancy 'Fish Fucker list that I'm assured will be all the rage next month.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

I think the praetors could be better as shield captains. You might be able to do 2 Supreme command detachments and fit in a guard battalion for cp farming.
But that will leave the captains open to targeting since they'll be unsupported. :ohdear:

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

But that will leave the captains open to targeting since they'll be unsupported. :ohdear:

Only whichever one is in front. Just cycle them as they take damage.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

Only whichever one is in front. Just cycle them as they take damage.

That was corrected in the Beta FAQ, I believe. Characters don't mess up the targeting rules for other characters anymore.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

That was corrected in the Beta FAQ, I believe. Characters don't mess up the targeting rules for other characters anymore.

I have enough trouble getting people to own/read chapter approved in pickup games much less beta rules

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

I have enough trouble getting people to own/read chapter approved in pickup games much less beta rules

That sounds miserable.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

That sounds miserable.

let me tell you about the 3 hour 750 point game

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing
Are we sharing lists still? I recently got a bunch of cultists and krone deamons from a friend and wanted to try them out in a narrative event. So I created this goofy no chaos marine in chaos marine army list.

For added flavor im proxing the generic hq with cadian command squad stuff and the cultists champion from one of the box sets.

I doing this for fun but was curious what you all think of the list before I play it. Im pretty sure I will loose.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [57 PL, 841pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: Renegade Chapters

+ HQ +

Dark Apostle [5 PL, 76pts]: Bolt pistol, No Chaos Mark, Power maul
(proxing as guardsmen with flag)

Exalted Champion [5 PL, 75pts]: Axe of Blind Fury, Bolt pistol, Mark of Khorne, Power axe
(cultists champion)

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [12 PL, 172pts]: No Chaos Mark
. 36x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
. Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon: Heavy stubber
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Chaos Cultists [12 PL, 178pts]: No Chaos Mark
. 37x Chaos Cultist w/ autopistol and brutal assault weapon
. Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon: Flamer
. Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon: Flamer

Chaos Cultists [12 PL, 140pts]: 34x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun, No Chaos Mark

+ Heavy Support +

Defiler [11 PL, 200pts]: Combi-flamer, No Chaos Mark, Reaper autocannon, Twin heavy flamer

++ Unbound Army (Faction) (Chaos - Daemons) [15 PL, 291pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chaos Allegiance: Khorne

Rewards of Chaos (1 Relic)

+ HQ +

Bloodmaster [3 PL, 56pts]: The Crimson Crown

+ Troops +

Bloodletters [12 PL, 235pts]: 29x Bloodletter, Bloodreaper, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [20 PL, 366pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Gifts of Chaos (1 Relic)

Legion: Renegade Chapters

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 74pts]: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, No Chaos Mark
(proxing with gaurd officer)

Daemon Prince with Wings [9 PL, 183pts]: 2. Flames of Spite, Hellforged sword, Khorne, Talisman of Burning Blood, Warlord, Warp bolter

Fabius Bile [6 PL, 109pts]

++ Total: [92 PL, 1498pts] ++

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

107 cultists :stare:

I mean sure, weight of fire and all, but holy gently caress. I run 30 sometimes because my noise marines are still in transit, and I feel like even that is too much.

The cultist strategem is really fun sometimes, and can help with an unexpected win by claiming a poorly placed objective, but I don't have that much dedication to the gimmick.

More power to ya if it's fun, but I hate setting up 30 of those cannon fodder, let alone moving them. 107 would lead me to just scooping them up with a cat poop scooper and dumping them 6" away every turn.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I think you need to add 3 custodes Jetbike captains to that list

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I kind of hope chaos marines end up never getting primaris units, and they just become the new Squats as everyone else gets taller.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Neurolimal posted:

I kind of hope chaos marines end up never getting primaris units, and they just become the new Squats as everyone else gets taller.

I also hope chaos never gets primaris because I'd rather see them get the updated version of Fabius Bile's New Men once he's reverse engineered the new imperium flunkies. Basically the same thing but the mad scientist version.

To use regular old primaris gene seed just seems it would be lazy and uninspired.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Booley posted:

let me tell you about the 3 hour 750 point game

On this subject, the guy I complained about before Christmas with the 7 hour 2k game has played in 2 of our local tournaments. The first time round he came 3rd with the Tony G tactic of 'never get past turn 2.' 2 of his 3 opponents complained.

The second time he faced a hard Guard list which blew him off the table so we avoided that, but I think he was equally bad in his other 2 games. A slow play rule has been added to the event specifically to counter him. It's a stunning lack of self awareness.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Corrode posted:

7 hour 2k game
:stare:

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

On this subject, the guy I complained about before Christmas with the 7 hour 2k game has played in 2 of our local tournaments. The first time round he came 3rd with the Tony G tactic of 'never get past turn 2.' 2 of his 3 opponents complained.

The second time he faced a hard Guard list which blew him off the table so we avoided that, but I think he was equally bad in his other 2 games. A slow play rule has been added to the event specifically to counter him. It's a stunning lack of self awareness.

OK and I thought the slow games I've been dealing with have been bad

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Corrode posted:

Lol is that why Jim has added a minimum turn completion criteria to the next tournament?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Serotonin posted:

Lol is that why Jim has added a minimum turn completion criteria to the next tournament?

Yep! Are you coming to this one?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Corrode posted:

Yep. Will pay this week. Not sure if I’m gonna bring my Raven Guard or my WorldEaters

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Awesome. Let's get a practice game in. Not sure what I'm taking, maybe BA/IG.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

Corrode posted:

You guys are UK based right? Which tournament organiser is this (I’m trying to Index the available decent tournaments in my head because googling “40K tournaments Uk” does a shamefully bad job of finding them).

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Corrode posted:

Awesome. Let's get a practice game in. Not sure what I'm taking, maybe BA/IG.

Definitely. Not sure my lists are massively competitive but they are fun to play with. World Eaters is a little one dimensional as to be expected and my Primaris only Raven Guard is a bit of a work in progress and is probably the least competitive of the two.

Then again Tau codex drops soon. Still haven’t decided if I’m keeping or selling them.

You free next weekend? Or I could do Thursday or Friday evening? Hit me up on messenger.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

One_Wing posted:

You guys are UK based right? Which tournament organiser is this (I’m trying to Index the available decent tournaments in my head because googling “40K tournaments Uk” does a shamefully bad job of finding them).

This is a series of tournaments at Bristol Independent Gaming. They don’t have an online store but have an active Facebook page

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

Serotonin posted:

This is a series of tournaments at Bristol Independent Gaming. They don’t have an online store but have an active Facebook page

Cool, found it, thanks, I assume it’s the Tides of War one? Sounds like a lot of fun, will see if I can fit it into my calendar.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

One_Wing posted:

Cool, found it, thanks, I assume it’s the Tides of War one? Sounds like a lot of fun, will see if I can fit it into my calendar.

That’s the one, cool

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

DancingShade posted:

I also hope chaos never gets primaris because I'd rather see them get the updated version of Fabius Bile's New Men once he's reverse engineered the new imperium flunkies. Basically the same thing but the mad scientist version.

To use regular old primaris gene seed just seems it would be lazy and uninspired.

In the most recent Fabius book Clonelord, it ends with him getting his hands on a huge cache of uncorrupted pre-heresy gene seed.. So I suspect he's going to tinker the new model from that.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

I just hope we get new Bezerkers. Those models look so dated now

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
If/when they release new Berserkers I'm going to have to do a Khorne army. I love the Bloodthirster, and Skarbrand. The latest version of Kharn is also very cool. I've got the old FW World Eaters dread that I could repaint, and I'm sure my brother would let me borrow on of his Great Brass Scorpions.

Somehow I doubt Berserkers will live up to the hilarious 4th edition Khorne Lieutenant of undying murderousness, but still.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Feb 24, 2018

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

One_Wing posted:

It used to be easier when Warhammer.org still existed but that's a shambling corpse now. Facebook is where it's at now.

Tides is great, some hard players/lists but not hyper-competitive thanks to the format restrictions. You'll have a good time.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Serotonin posted:

I just hope we get new Bezerkers. Those models look so dated now

If you've the time and money, people have apparently done some excellent conversions of AoS Khorne warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Deptfordx posted:

If you've the time and money, people have apparently done some excellent conversions of AoS Khorne warriors.

I’ve been tempted. I’ve got 13 or so spare Khorne Bloodbound. Are people just slicing the lower legs off and adding chaos Marine lower legs? I can’t bear the boots on them as 40k models