Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is there an evil version of krypto? Like does Darkseid have a dog? Apokolipto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Bizarro-Krypto is a good boy :mad:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Is there an evil version of krypto? Like does Darkseid have a dog? Apokolipto?

Apokalips is FULL of angry war dogs. Steppenwolf is even the king of the dog riders or something.

They really missed out not having him riding a giant demon dog around in the movie.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Pet Avengers would make a great movie.
Would almost certainly change my mostly negative impressions of the Marvel movies if they replaced the entire cast with animals.

Or Michael Pena.

I'll get us started; Tony Bark.

Gorn Myson fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 23, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

It’s been over a month since it was first reported that Spider-Man: Homecoming screenwriters John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein were in talks to direct a solo movie about The Flash, but Wednesday night the two told The Hollywood Reporter that they still haven’t finalized a deal with Warner Bros.

“We’re still negotiating,” Daley said at the premiere of their latest directorial effort, Game Night, a comedy thriller starring Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams. “Deals are in the works right now.”

They insist that they haven’t started working on the script of the film, called Flashpoint, yet because “we have to sign the deal,” Daley said. “Hopefully, it will work out.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/new-flash-directors-haven-t-begun-work-because-deal-isn-t-done-1087607

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's nothing in Sokovia Accords that says a dog can't wear power armor!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

Would almost certainly change my mostly negative impressions of the Marvel movies if they replaced the entire cast with animals.

Or Michael Pena.

I'll get us started; Tony Bark.

Steve Pawgers

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Dr. Goose Banner A.K.A. The Incredible Skunk (Don't scare me, you wouldn't like me when Im scared)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Bucky Barnyard (minotaur)

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

"Hawkguy"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Peter "The Wolf" Parker aka Man-Wolf

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Peter Purrker :colbert:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ant-Ant

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Pony Stark

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Black Penguin

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

K. Waste posted:

Black Penguin

Hey...wait a minute...?!?!??

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Scarlett Web

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lobok posted:

Krypto has been laying at the Superman memorial since Superman's death. He's mostly okay with everyone when the JL roll up but growls at Batman. Steppenwolf interrupts and starts beating down on the JL. Then he kicks Krypto, who howls in pain.

The memorial shakes and cracks.

"Yo, Steppenwolf, you diss my dog, you fluff my hog."

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I repeat: Make Flash Gay. It makes entirely too much sense. Make him gay, make him gay, make him gay!

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Dawn of Justice won't bomb,
If Bruce winds up with mom!

Keep it light
Keep it bright
Keep it ga-a-a-a-a-ay

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

I repeat: Make Flash Gay. It makes entirely too much sense. Make him gay, make him gay, make him gay!

Also hire an openly gay director

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
just have the dog from the end of man of steel be krypto

don't explain how he got superpowers or how he's not dead from old age, just have him turn up and kick some bad guy's rear end when he's about to kill superman

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Burkion posted:

We really do need a movie Krypto some time.

Like just go all out with it why not? Kyrpto is great because dogs are great. And Krypto is a great dog

If they ever actually make a movie based on Red Son, Krypto should take the place of Laika.

Actually, now that I think about it, is that actually in Red Son?

Man-Ant

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
The Incredible Slug

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Aren't the Aquaman test screenings happening? If so, anyone hear any of any leaked impressions?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jimbot posted:

Aren't the Aquaman test screenings happening? If so, anyone hear any of any leaked impressions?

Doubt there are going to be any leaks. They run a tight ship. I've heard the screenings are making waves but those rumours hold no water with me.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

ImpAtom posted:

Jor-El: Come on, Junior.
Clark: Will you please stop calling me Junior?
Lois: Please, what does this mean? Always with this Junior?
Jor-Ek: That's his name: Jor-El Junior.
Clark: I like Kal.
Jor-El: We named the dog Kal!
Lois: The dog? You are named after the dog.
Clark: I have a lot of fond memories of that dog.
:golfclap:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Guy A. Person posted:

Bring Schumacher back into the DCverse.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ungulateman posted:

just have the dog from the end of man of steel be krypto

don't explain how he got superpowers or how he's not dead from old age, just have him turn up and kick some bad guy's rear end when he's about to kill superman

I like the Grant Morrison version, where the kryptonian dog jumps into the Phantom Zone to stop bad guys, somehow walks all the way to earth while in ghost form, and then gets out of the Phantom Zone at the right time to save Superman.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

K. Waste posted:

The Incredible Slug
Wolverine....oh

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Lobok posted:

Doubt there are going to be any leaks. They run a tight ship. I've heard the screenings are making waves but those rumours hold no water with me.

Bravo.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lobok posted:

Don't go overboard with these Aquaman puns.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lobok posted:

I don't know, no lakes sound pretty fishy to me.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Peter Porker, the Spectacular Spider-Ham or bust bitches

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Guy A. Person posted:

i'll do you one better:

The Wachowskis Present: The Flash

edit: based on the names in this link (which has some names that I didn't know were queer), the best options are, IMO:
Almodovar (who would never do it, but it doesn't hurt to dream)
Stephen Daldry
Lee Daniels (oh my god please let him direct a superhero movie someday)
Tom Ford
Todd Haynes
John Cameron Mitchell
Sebastiàn Silva

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 24, 2018

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jimbot posted:

No but RT will be flooded with early negative reviews, I hope James Wan can survive the deluge.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Ubik_Lives posted:

I just don't see how it's a real question to be asking "what's stopping him from becoming Superman", at a point in the film where Clark has not been shown knowing about his Kryptonian heritage yet (no interactions with the pod, Fortress of Solitude, or scout ship yet), he's acting like Superman in all but name, and the film has spent all of two minutes on Earth at this point.

It shouldn't be a case of "Clark Kent saw a burning oil rig and saved the workers with his powers. In the past his dad told him not to use his powers to save people", but "Clark's dad told him not to use his power to save people, but when he saw a burning oil rig, he chose to save the workers anyway".
"OH YEAAH!!"

What you want is the moral complexity from being removed from the movie in favour of straight-forward affirmation of superheroics.

The movie is nuanced precisely because it doesn't present the particular conflict you're describing. There's no doubt about heroism that is resolved by Superman choosing to save people. It's a foregone conclusion that he's going to do that. The nuance comes from the fact that the doubt is still there. Superman saves people, but whether or not he should've done that is a question raised afterward.

This is why all the heroics in the movie are not satisfying in an escapist sense. Heroism like that is actually difficult and demanding.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 24, 2018

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Imagine a movie like the Skin I live In but in the superhero genre and all the comic book vloggers would go around screaming for the return of Snyder.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gregg Araki's Doom Patrol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

We're never getting a new Guyver movie, are we? :smith: