Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Burkion posted:

Wait it's out

I thought that was October only

nope!

It is on episode 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is the Crazies remake any good or am I in for 2 hrs of pain if I watch it? Netflix is getting it next month...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like it. It kind of falls apart towards the end but its a solid little piece with a good cast that doesn't really do anything different but mostly does it well. A well done B movie.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

COOL CORN posted:

Y'all, The Ritual was so good. I need more really good cult/occult horror - House Of The Devil is probably my favorite movie, I need more stuff like that.

Kill List.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

moths posted:

Is Secret Window as bad as I remember it?

It's good, not great, not sure why it has such a terrible rep. Depp actually tries in it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I like it. It kind of falls apart towards the end but its a solid little piece with a good cast that doesn't really do anything different but mostly does it well. A well done B movie.

Are the overtones/political aspect as blatant?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Lurdiak posted:

It's good, not great, not sure why it has such a terrible rep. Depp actually tries in it.

Because Depp's character is generally unlikable. It's the kind of movie that makes good actors seem bad, because Turturro's performance is goofy as hell. It's also bottom tier King, and retreads ground already covered far better in The Dark Half.

I mean...

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Yeah, I'm a huge King fan, but it's straight-up a retread of The Dark Half, but less engaging.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I watched The Dark Half in the last few months and it is actually probably the most underrated King adaptation. I had not actually seen the rated R version on the edited for TV version.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah and my point is: if you're going to make a movie "retelling" the magnificent 7, don't call it the magnificent 7 and don't use the same names for the central characters. That's literally all I ask.

I mean, if you're conscious of the fact that you're making an unoriginal story, isn't changing the names just pretense? It seems a silly thing to care about.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I honestly didn't pick up on much of one. Maybe I'm just dumb and missed it. If I try I guess I could find some stuff. But that probably means it's not "blatant" unless I'm just dim.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Origami Dali posted:

Because Depp's character is generally unlikable. It's the kind of movie that makes good actors seem bad, because Turturro's performance is goofy as hell. It's also bottom tier King, and retreads ground already covered far better in The Dark Half.

I mean...

He might not be likeable, but I found him fascinating. He is a lovely self-centered writer and he acts like one, and then you find out he's a lot worse than that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
WOOHOO

I got my own stream video intro!!!

:nws: for some parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jv1XflYqiU

Courtesy of Lurdiak

(Thank Lurdiak!)

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Hollismason posted:

WOOHOO

I got my own stream video intro!!!

:nws: for some parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jv1XflYqiU

Courtesy of Lurdiak

(Thank Lurdiak!)

Nice work! Where are the jumping kitties from?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Ha! I asked the same question. It's from The Uncanny

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN IS GETTING A BLU RAY RELEASE HOLY JESUS HOLY YES

*runs out of thread*

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
They Look Like People was some harrowing poo poo.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Is the Crazies remake any good or am I in for 2 hrs of pain if I watch it? Netflix is getting it next month...

It's not bad at all. It doesn't really have nearly the amount of looking at the government side of things and how just as much screw ups happen on every level, but it's still a decent flick. Romero produced iirc.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

It's fine. Nothing great but it's a good Dawn of the Dead '04 knockoff and Timothy Olyphant is a good horror lead.

Definitely not.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

James Woods Fan posted:

They Look Like People was some harrowing poo poo.

It's really, really good, one of the better mumblegore movies around.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

A low bar to clear

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

saw trailer for horror movie thats called Heredity today

https://youtu.be/V6wWKNij_1M

It is getting amazing reviews (100% on RT) and it is this guys first feature. Looks really unique.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I knew mumblecore was a genre (which I loathe) but had no clue about mumblegore.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Lisztomania is a horror movie, right? of course it is.

https://i.imgur.com/ZbWbI9O.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/oeU7jD9.mp4

I've watched Altered States and Lair of the White Worm, I guess I'll follow this up with Tommy or The Devils. Or Gothic, or The Boy Friend, or... I don't know, there's too many Ken Russell movies, and they're probably all just as crazy.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If you enjoy Ken Russell films you pretty much have to watch The Devils

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Ken Russell owns so hard.

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?

Choco1980 posted:

It's not bad at all. It doesn't really have nearly the amount of looking at the government side of things and how just as much screw ups happen on every level, but it's still a decent flick. Romero produced iirc.

I loved Olyphant in it, and that it also only took like 2 minutes for him to realize how hosed they all were.

I'm about to watch Frontiers for the first time (on Shudder), the extreeeeeeeme gore horror stuff isn't really my jam (I think the only French horror I've seen was Livide, which was almost more surreal/fantasy in a way) so uhhh I'm probably gonna regret this

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I somehow remembered Screamers being ok from many years back, but upon rewatch it's only barely passable. I might have mixed it up with that robot monster on a boat movie.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

married but discreet posted:

I somehow remembered Screamers being ok from many years back, but upon rewatch it's only barely passable. I might have mixed it up with that robot monster on a boat movie.

Virus? ewwww

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Virus is definitely a so bad it's good movie for me.
Also it reminds me of an old pc game - system shock I think?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Oh my god, Virus is so loving bad.

Which is quite the accomplishment for a film that features a Donald Sutherland Salty Sea Captain Robot Monster.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

James Woods Fan posted:

I knew mumblecore was a genre (which I loathe) but had no clue about mumblegore.

There's a fair few of em by now, like The Invitation, Larry Fessenden's horror movies, I Am The Thing That Lives In The House, etc.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Whispering Machines posted:

I loved Olyphant in it, and that it also only took like 2 minutes for him to realize how hosed they all were.

I'm about to watch Frontiers for the first time (on Shudder), the extreeeeeeeme gore horror stuff isn't really my jam (I think the only French horror I've seen was Livide, which was almost more surreal/fantasy in a way) so uhhh I'm probably gonna regret this

Frontiers isn't that nasty. I'm honestly not sure how and why it got the reputation it did; it's sort of insane that it's an NC-17.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Frontiers isn't that nasty. I'm honestly not sure how and why it got the reputation it did; it's sort of insane that it's an NC-17.

Did Frontiers even get a release here outside of home video?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Virus is awesome and I'll fight people over it being "bad". It has JLC in it and Sutherland as the bad guy. Plus it has CGI but also a lot of decent practical effects.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Hollismason posted:

Virus is awesome and I'll fight people over it being "bad". It has JLC in it and Sutherland as the bad guy. Plus it has CGI but also a lot of decent practical effects.

You and I line up like, 99% of the time, but Virus is baaaad. I rewatched it around a year ago, and the practical effects don't hold up nearly as well as you might think. It's really wonkily paced and although the effects are good in concept they lack a lot in actual practical execution.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Screamers freakin owns. Of course, I am referring to Screamers (1979), perhaps better known as Island of the Fishmen :smuggo:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
There's like 5 films titled Screamers some of them though are just renames of other films.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Jamie Lee Curtis posted:

"That would be the all time piece of poo poo... It's just dreadful... That's the only good reason to be in bad movies. Then when your friends have [bad] movies you can say 'Ahhhh, I've got the best one.' I'm bringing Virus."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Don't care I'll never stop loving it.