Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Tenzarin posted:

Last build the drakefire pistols aoe was smaller, haven't tried them again.

I've only been using the Drakegun lately. I think I tried Drakefire pistols last build and hated them, they seemed terrible.

Lunethex posted:

It wasn't generating heat.

Oh, well with the Irondrake talent (one of the level 10 Ironbreaker ones) it doesn't generate enough to worry about 75% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

I dont know posted:

Any tips for playing BW? I'm not sure how I should be managing heat. Her melee weapons seem bad other than the basic sword, am I missing something about the dagger and mace?

Dagger I haven't really found a niche for yet because its surprisingly hard to aim imo. Flaming sword is a weird single target dueling weapon but you might like it, and its charged attack sound as the blade crackles alight ready for crime could be considered worth the price of admission. Mace is excellent, it doesn't hit as many as a charged sword attack, but it staggers big guys with the normal attack and its charged attack pastes stormvermin and mauler skulls very very nicely. Makes for a nice Reversal of Fortune feeling when you stunlock and bludgeon to death a chaos warrior who was leering at you five seconds ago.

For the starting battle wizard, you want to melee exclusively until something happens--combos of specials spawn, a swarm triggers, whatever--and then go hogfuck nuts into the red with fully charged fireballs and conflags and flamestrikes. Then whip out your weapon and CC stuff with folks who have shields and 2hander weapons and work around the edges of the fight to keep them from getting overwhelmed. It'll be a small job while you're burning hot but important partially since getting surrounded is a death sentence in this game on every difficulty, but also so your passive can kick in and vent you for free while you busy yourself with taking no damage and krumping everyone trying to shiv your friends in the back.

As you level her up you'll unlock a lot of hilarious synergies for her with the different career talents and item traits and I don't wanna spoil those for you but it's gonna be a minute until I can play Saltzpyre let's just say that much.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
New page. If you have anything you want to add to this QoL bullet list feel free, I'll post in a few hours.

quote:

This will be a bulleted list of things that should be looked at gameplay wise, tiny QoL additions, and things that don’t need a deep explanation. Made as sort of a reminder of what we’ve seen and what will improve a player’s life in-game. Since open beta is close at hand I expect a lot of them will be in already but based on all CBT experience, these little things would go a long way.

**UI, INVENTORY, CRAFTING**
1. Item icons and colors need to be more identifiable.
2. Elements of UI should be able to be moved around.
3. Option to make Ally Ammo Bars (orange bar) into numbers instead.
4. Option to see Ally active skill gauge.
5. Option to see items equipped on teammates on the Tab screen and their stats.
6. Inventory should showcase all hero stats and reflect modifiers from talents and items.
7. Inventory should separate items by type and further by quality and power, i.e orange on top and two-handed swords with two-handed swords and spears with spears.
8. Like in V1, all crafting materials should be shown at the bottom of the inventory screen side-by-side.
9. Tooltips should appear instantly.
10. Should be able to upgrade items currently equipped on heroes without unequipping them.
11. Weapon’s innate crit rates need to be part of their tooltips, as well as max targets hit between Chaos and Skaven.
12. Hotkeys for instantly activating Quickplay or going straight to the lobby browser.
13. An added tab in the inventory for weapon skins, though this is probably going to end up in Cosmetics.
14. Add Loadout Presets, letting players switch gear by one click.
15. Rerolling Orange traits should not select the same one that is already on it.

**GAMEPLAY**
1. Quickplay needs to stop recommending games where your currently selected hero is taken.
2. Quickplay should not rejoin you to the same games over and over.
3. Quickplay should give an indication of what map you are about to join in progress so you have the time to choose a fitting career.
4. Quickplay should not join games still sitting at the Keep.
5. Host needs to have total kick abilities and not have to worry about a vote kick to remove someone.
6. Bots need to contribute their career skills but at least their talents to combat when the player levels them. Their actives could be controlled by numpad inputs by the host.
7. Bots need to carry and hold tomes and grimoires when they are pinged. Can still ping health to get them to heal otherwise.
8. Lobby browser should have icons indicating what heroes are currently in play before clicking on the lobby in question, small icons with the character’s symbol, i.e the Waywatcher’s spirals for Kerillian or the Empire Cross for Kruber.
9. Weapon and Equipment chest added at the start of all maps. Potentially allow career changes.
10. When Lootboxes are opened, there needs to be a salvage option next to unwanted items so that one does not need to figure out where it is in the forge and go from there.
11. When Lootboxes are opened, just show the items and stop forcing people to reveal them.
12. Make potions and bombs in the Keep respawn after a few seconds if taken.

**END OF MISSION**
1. Quickplay loot bonus should be removed and applied to Completed Mission instead.
2. The whole end screen needs to be overhauled. It takes way too long and like V1, you already get a reward the moment the mission ends, meaning everything you watch is a pointless affectation. If there’s a way to reduce the time the end of mission screen takes to about 10 seconds, then that’s what needs to be done. Make all objectives fill up the bar simultaneously and have all EXP tallied up at the same time. This is probably the most important thing about it all. An option to skip this outright or speed it up tremendously is paramount.
3. Add more options at the end rather than just Return to the Keep, such as picking another mission, allowing players to keep going on without unnecessary pauses.
4. Re-add the ‘Damage Taken’ statistic. It helps players see better what their play styles are doing for them.
5. Add the ‘Enemies Shoved’ statistic.
6. Add the ‘Damage Blocked’ statistic.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 24, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

'remove the elf'

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Lunethex posted:

I'm writing a bulleted list to fill out my posts on the Fatshark forum sooner or later. If you have any ideas to add to this let me know.

Should be able to change equipment on heroes without switching to them.

The base level equipment that's stuck in the inventory is weird and just adds clutter.

The sound effect when salvaging equipment is way too loud.

There should be a toggle to mute the npc guy in the keep.

Edit: Add an option to mute game sounds when running in the background.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I'm new to this, but enjoyed L4D back in the day. Is there anyway to play this game primarily ranged? Or are all classes ammo limited and you're constantly just swinging a weapon around like a mongoloid?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I've been able to play a veteran ranger and an iron breaker as primarily range.

Also huntsman.

You will fall back to weapons at times.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I would say if I were adding to QoL stuff, tooltips should reflect innate weapon traits in addition to crit chance, max enemies hit and so forth already mentioned. It's really annoying that some weapons bypass armor, some to stagger more and so on, but it's not mentioned anywhere. Hell, Witchunter's rapier offhand isn't even mentioned anywhere other than in the picture.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
elf serves primarily ranged on a silver platter from the get go, but compared to all the other starting careers elf serves EVERYTHING on a silver platter so i guess that's not saying much

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The Longbow is way, way stronger than the Hagbane. You can mow down entire lines of either Skaven or Chaos swarm coming your way and be better equipped for specials at range. Better to use the Hagbane on Shade and maybe Handmaiden though, the Waystalker's infinite quiver makes sniping and mowing a worry-free cinch.

quote:

That’s another thing to ponder: The sheer size of Kerillian’s quiver with the Longbow absolutely invalidates other potential sniping weapons and gives her leeway to fire into lined Skaven and Chaos hordes because of the penetration. As I understand it, Kruber’s handgun only has 10 shots outside of the Huntsman, though I only see Huntsmen using Blunderbuss or the Bow. Saltzpyre’s pistols only have 20~ shots. I don’t know the Crossbow count but I saw less of them and I have definitely never seen anyone fielding the Volleybow. I know a lot of people who will argue and argue that the Hagbane makes them feel inadequate in the game and that it ruins their fun somehow, but they don’t complain when I use the longbow, yet no matter their roles and weapons, especially on lower difficulties, they are even more invalidated by the presence of me sniping specials then moving on to hew the hordes with my melee just as easily as I would otherwise, or mowing down an entire line of a swarm with the Longbow. One of the best all-around pairings in the game is clearly Bardin Ironbreaker with Kerillian Waystalker, Drakegun + Longbow.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

there's also the trueflight ability on the waystalker which loving somehow manages to kill more with the longbow than it does the hagbane (i know how it's penetration gone wild, i'm 85% sure they increased the penetration on the longbow A LOT in this last phase)

between all the ridiculous buffs kerillian's gotten while everyone else has gone sideways at best and the good fistful of just-enough-to-start-fanfiction comments that go between kruber and kerillian i think someone at fatshark has an unironic boner for the elf

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Remove elf.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I need the elf to remain disgustingly powerful so that when I solo queue at 4 AM the dumb moron elf players I get matched into are overpowered enough to still contribute.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

to be clear in random pubbing around today i saw three separate elves with longbows hit their trueflight barrage and cut a charging chaos swarm down in at least half, maybe as much as 2/3rds (it's a little difficult to tell in the heat of the moment, esp since i am playing classes i'm less familiar with to keep the game interesting rn)

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

More Skaven die from the Trueshot volley than Chaos do.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i swear to god the skaven die to just the concussion graze from the longbow

like it goes zipping by a slave rat's head on the way to a stormvermin's skull and the slave rat is all "blarg"

Orv
May 4, 2011
You motherfuckers care way too much about this video game.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

He doesn't

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Digirat posted:

now that modding is in I am going to try to do this for all rats and chaos, but with the elf voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f476qYCQPvg&t=456s

This is the superior voice pack

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I think I was killed by more pubbie bright wizards than I was rats and chaos today.

Orv
May 4, 2011
They made tomes 10XP each. At that point why even bother? :psyduck: Hell of a lot of interesting decisions going around from Fatshark.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Orv posted:

They made tomes 10XP each. At that point why even bother? :psyduck: Hell of a lot of interesting decisions going around from Fatshark.

3 tomes is like 1/2 of a bar on the loot chest at the end, which is pretty nice for not a lot of effort. 2 grims seems to be worth about a full bar.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I feel like Ranald's swings so hard that a bar and a half is almost meaningless if you need to rely on General's/Emperor's for decent drops at the high end, but who knows.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Orv posted:

They're not great for xp but they're decent at improving loot odds.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Orv posted:

I feel like Ranald's swings so hard that a bar and a half is almost meaningless if you need to rely on General's/Emperor's for decent drops at the high end, but who knows.

I have never seen Ranald's swing harder than two bars so if you want those Emperor chests with any consistency at all I'm pretty sure you absolutely have to get one or the other at least.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
So how about them Huntsman damage numbers

My basic mace swing does about 600 damage

Longbow critical headshot does around 6000 damage

Strength potion + Huntsman ulted longbow critical headshot does 28000 damage

uh ok

edit: just killed a bile troll on hard in literally 6 seconds, with 3 bots

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 24, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kanos posted:

I have never seen Ranald's swing harder than two bars so if you want those Emperor chests with any consistency at all I'm pretty sure you absolutely have to get one or the other at least.

I mean more that it very frequently gives you jack poo poo, meaning you might go to all that trouble for nothing. Which you know, video games, but it kinda sucks.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Orv posted:

I mean more that it very frequently gives you jack poo poo, meaning you might go to all that trouble for nothing. Which you know, video games, but it kinda sucks.

Oh, I get you now.

Well, look at it this way. Getting a full sweep of tomes and grims is worth more XP than jumping from normal to hard in addition to the loot benefits, and on the beta maps we have now almost all of the tomes and grims are either directly on the way or require minor detours that will usually bring you past a potential supply spawn, so it's not really costing you anything. Grimoires become even more convenient once you start rolling up trinkets that have the old Lichbone effect, as well.

The only grim that I think is a little dumb, inconvenient, and not worth it is the one that requires a platforming puzzle on the Helmgart map because the jumps are finnicky and loving it up will cost you 50%+ of your HP due to the length of the fall.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh that big list of things. I disagree that Quick play should not let you join groups at the keep. I would rather join before the start rather then when it is already going.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
I got trapped in a terrible cycle of joining Champion games just as having two bots caused them to lose.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Lunethex posted:

New page. If you have anything you want to add to this QoL bullet list feel free, I'll post in a few hours.

I'd like to change my equipment in the same room as the portal mission starter place. Or make the path shorter between the two. I'd also think the crossbow would work better if you fired one shot while aiming and a burst of three when shooting from the hip.

Trip report, pubbed it as the dwarf with a decent Saltspyre and kruber, the elf often brought up the rear. Make it to the end when all the enemy running towards us start to sink into the ground. I literally see the exit light up. Screen goes black and everyone loads to the start of the mission except the elf. WH asks if we have to do it all again? Kruber says we get to do it again. I tell them a saying my cousin Okri was fond of. "Never let an elf host on their connection." We all have a laugh.

I give the game 13 new your pizza rats out of 5.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Sazabi posted:

I'd like to change my equipment in the same room as the portal mission starter place. Or make the path shorter between the two.

You can just hit “i” and bring up the inventory/talents/crafting screen.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what is the icon that shows up in the middle of my screen sometimes when I'm spamming melees? it looks like an ability icon, but for what?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what is the icon that shows up in the middle of my screen sometimes when I'm spamming melees? it looks like an ability icon, but for what?

One of your abilities or a teammates. They added most icons now.

roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005
Quality of life thing that surely has been reported a few hundred times: Characters will say "Potion!" when they see both healing draughts and potions. It's frustrating. And maybe egregious enough to actually be a bug instead.

roxxor5678 fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 24, 2018

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Tried the mace on sienna but wasnt feeling it, swords it seems to be for me. I miss the power swing aoe too much.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
I hated the mace in the first game but it’s my favourite in this one. Constant head exploding and the thump sound of body blows is so satisfying :black101:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

grabbing tomes makes a lot of sense in the current context since it costs you almost nothing, but there's almost no point to grabbing grims. a full book run guarantees a soldier's box. a soldier's box - okay? who gives a crap? you need general's or emperor's to really get quality stuff. i get that doing grims makes you less reliant on ranald's gift but until i have a level down so cold i don't even need gear i will be much better off just taking the health as i will get more boxes out of the deal.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
What is the order of better lootboxes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Madcosby posted:

What is the order of better lootboxes?

peasant -> commoner -> merchant -> soldier -> general -> emperor