Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

Nephthys posted:

Ichigo should fall for 02 as well and Dr Franxx should invent the threesome robot.

Everyone wins (Except Goro. Poor sweet Goro).

Another threesome robot for a Futoshi/Kokoro/Goro lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's fine just ask for a foursome robot

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Go for the Kill la Kill ending with every character in a naked pile in the middle of a mecha.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

cant wait to see the symbolic gattai orgy

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

The theory that riding with 02 prematurely aged people was based entirely on the fact that her previous partner was tall.
No, it was based on the fact the command center peeps (or the twelve monkeys, can't remember which) explicitly said Hiro was the only one who hadn't aged after riding with her.

Furthermore, we can't take anything that's happened with Hiro so far as a reference for why other partners failed because they've also continued to say his reaction to her is not the reaction others had. He doesn't age, he gets the yellow blood cells, all that even before he found a waifu-powered reason to fight, and the context in why those facts are exposed implies others exhibited symptoms from the beginning.

Chev fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 21, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nephthys posted:

invent the threesome robot
aquarion

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Getter Robo is the original threesome robot and don't you dare forget it.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

(IIRC they make a 4-way combo for the final.)

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Chev posted:

Getter Robo is the original threesome robot and don't you dare forget it.

This is true fact. nothing is more manly than Gattai with two of your bros!

Also

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=67251597

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 21, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Vandread was extremely trans positive for a series of it's time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Guy Goodbody posted:

Vandread was extremely trans positive for a series of it's time.

Vandread was a far better series than I realized at the time, and I liked it then.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

I'd argue the infection wasn't symbolizing a roadblock in character growth, given how 02 was show reacting to it with care/passion, as if it was the honey she loves eating. If it were, 02 would have reacted by going "hey, this poo poo shows you aren't being true to your feelings. Do you wanna gently caress or not, darling?", paraphrased.

Rather it was actually setup to symbolize character transformation. As in, the old weak you sucked, either become a new stronger you or die. Also maybe turn into a bit of an oni for a closer relationship with 02.

Having it recede like that sends weird mixed metaphorical signals imho, but a few eps from now could resolve/alter that.

This has been my read on it as well. I think there are some unanswered questions about the nature of this growth, and how it's tied to the unique reaction Hiro has been having with riding with 002 as opposed to the other pilots. But having the growth disappear when Hiro decides to retain the will to live in the face of his clinging to the idealized dream of FranXX pilots does blur the meaning considerably. It feels too early to have Hiro disfigured or physically altered in a way that makes other characters react like Goro did the previous episode, but that growth was in line with the "three ride" rule for 002 and I'm interested to see how it will come into play later on.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

tbf I updated my read to incorporate:

Clitch posted:

Klaxosaurs have exhibited hive behavior. With 02's klaxosaur blood, Hiro's infection could be a transmitted symbiotic organism that enhances their connection. 02's heightened state during FRANXX fights could trigger the release, meaning the more you pilot with her, the more you're exposed. Hiro's mindset of dealing with/resisting it could have induced his body to attack it like a virus, instead of tolerating it as something beneficial. 02 recognizes it and finds it beautiful as a evidence of their connection, but her past keeps her from being too hopeful. Hiro will assimilate it, or he'll die and he wasn't the one after all. Finally accepting 02 as his partner instead of a tool was enough to stand down his immune defense, and allow it to integrate with his body. The new physical connection also returns 02 to a lucid state, and they're in sync for the final attack.

It's definitely all a big metaphor, but 'love magic' as the sole reason Hiro got better felt a little hollow, and who doesn't love dumb anime science hypothesizing?

I really liked Hiro's embrace pulling her out of that monster state. Accepting and loving her helping to humanize her. It's not subtle, but it felt good to watch.

I didn't account for the 02 biracial, err... bispecies(?) angle, and I like the explanation a lot, it fits across the current board. Of course, 02 is half Klaxo she loves the blue stuff, even if it kills humans! Maybe to her becoming her Klaxodarling was the only way, but Hiro was all nah I wanna stay human and also not treat you like a monster and also continue being your sexrobot partner.

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

Wasn't the crab mecha in Vandread the one without a sexy cockpit because the girl was already in a romantic relationship? I though that was cool.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Episode 7’s preview certainly leaves a lot to be explained.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
A literal beach episode feels like something out of left field given we are in an apocalyptic wasteland with no indication that standing bodies of water existed prior to this point.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
They have a whole big city in the plantation, with an entire sealed forest environment inside that for the parasites. I don’t think an artificial beach is beyond their capabilities.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Given the ruins, I figured that this is all happening outside of the Dome. If this was at that lake or maybe if the other Plantation does have a more Beach like enclosure that would be a different story.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Those aren’t ruins.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Willias posted:

Those aren’t ruins.

Right at the end we see some fairly dilapidated looking buildings and a collapsed telephone pole. They're definitely outside.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Can't believe Hiro is actually ding and his dying dream is a beach episode wow

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Can't believe Hiro is actually ding and his dying dream is a beach episode wow

The Make-A-Wish Foundation is adapting well to modern trends I see

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Arghhh the interruption before the confession trope was used 3 times and it's really irritating.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

So the ocean still exists, but it's this warm even though it's winter.

Good thing Kokoro picked up the easy to understand, illustrated guide to childbirth.

This whole trip is all just a ploy by Doctor Franxx for the kids to experience youth (and boost their horniness)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lurking Haro posted:

So the ocean still exists, but it's this warm even though it's winter.

Good thing Kokoro picked up the easy to understand, illustrated guide to childbirth.

This whole trip is all just a ploy by Doctor Franxx for the kids to experience youth (and boost their horniness)

You could already see that it is working as Zorome seemed quite happy to try out kissing with Hiro.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Brought To You By posted:

Right at the end we see some fairly dilapidated looking buildings and a collapsed telephone pole. They're definitely outside.

Also there's a shot where they pan over the exterior of the plantation to the beach a few miles away.

Like this wasn't up for debate they even had an establishing shot for it!

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Not a ton happened this episode but I liked it a lot. Lots of little character moments. This is a very pretty show and I really enjoy how they express the characters through body language and animation. Ichigo deliberately walking in Hiro's footsteps was adorable and depressing. Zorome remains extremely moe.

This show is weirdly wholesome for how horny it is, but the combination is working for me.

Also:

Ikuno gay, so what.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 24, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Which one is Ikuno?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sindai posted:

Which one is Ikuno?

Purple girl

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Zero Two needs to bully Ichigo every episode.

She totally knows that her and Hiro kissed but shes just so confident it doesn't even faze her. She's very strong.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

There Bias Two posted:

Arghhh the interruption before the confession trope was used 3 times and it's really irritating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B13yISVHWI

This episode was too wholesome and cute. Somebody's gonna die next week, aren't they? :ohdear:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Their residence being modeled after that old hospital/clinic is actually rather eerie. Also, no one's really brought up Hiro's scar other than 02 who merely caressed it. That maternity book is gonna really make some waves though and probably bring up some uncomfortable revelations about their society.

Left field theory: They're all clones. That's why they're numbered rather than given names because they're meant to be expendable. The ED stuff is actually the originals. They don't reach adulthood because the cloning process isn't perfect or engineered in such a way to prevent them from reaching it. Their residence being modeled after the clinic is probably because they were all from that town and had stayed there for some reason.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
"wait, hold on, babies come from where?"

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Understanding posted:

"wait, hold on, babies come from where?"

This doesn't make any sense, that doesn't look anything like how it is down there. When someone becomes an adult Papa offers them a child to care for.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/Kei_Lori/status/967350491997880320

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!

Daedalus1134 posted:

This doesn't make any sense, that doesn't look anything like how it is down there. When someone becomes an adult Papa offers them a child to care for.

And how would it even get there anyway?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Maybe that's what kissing is for?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

This isn't the Yurucamp thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I would love a yurucamp with the FranXX girls