Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Can someone led a mod know that I need a ban.

A well deserved ban.

gently caress yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

WMain00 posted:

A well deserved ban.

gently caress yes.

I reported you the moment Sam Underhill was sent off ^^;

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Scotland shouldn't have hosed up against Wales or they would be in an amazing spot.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
God when the 6 nations delivers it really is fantastic.

What a day of rugby.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

sleep with the vicious posted:

Scotland shouldn't have hosed up against Wales or they would be in an amazing spot.

And considering the results of the last two games for both teams Scotland really did gently caress up.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

What a day of rugby.

Meanwhile, The Ospreys are losing to Free State Cheetahs, and I think I made the correct decision to just not loving bother leaving the house, and watching this poo poo instead.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Plucky Brit posted:

Ouch.

Scotland deserved the win; don't know what England were doing in that first half.

Barclay MotM for me; fantastic performance at the breakdown.

Edit:

Is he not looking at a potentially massive ban for the eye(ish) scratching now? Can’t remember who was on the floor but I thought it was him.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Total Meatlove posted:

Is he not looking at a potentially massive ban for the eye(ish) scratching now? Can’t remember who was on the floor but I thought it was him.

It was Wilson, might be in trouble for it.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

I woulda thought you get leniency when the man sitting on you has you by the neck

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Tyma posted:

Meanwhile, The Ospreys are losing to Free State Cheetahs, and I think I made the correct decision to just not loving bother leaving the house, and watching this poo poo instead.

Also Ulster's corpse being flogged by Scarlets. I'm quitting while I'm ahead and abstaining from the Pro12ish this week.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Watson and Barclay just dominated the breakdown so much and with us hitting the first up tackles and really smothering Englands runners in the mid field. Really stopped England getting into their stride all game. Great performance all round by Scotland.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I hope Eddie Jones is completely brokebrained somewhere.

Like his brain has melted.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I’m not sure how you would tell these days

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, the Ospreys won.

I TRUSTED you, Tyma :argh:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I lost track of Toxxes, but there's got to be an avatar out of this :

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

WMain00 posted:

A well deserved ban.

gently caress yes.

It's queued, but approvals tend to be... slow on a weekend.

Also the only benefit to being out of town this weekend was the drunk texts I got as the game ended.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

They almost managed it, damnit.

:toxx:

If Ireland win with a Grand Slam, I will donate $50 to Rape Crisis Wellington* - $10 for each win.
If Ireland win, but with a loss to Wales, I will donate $25 to Rape Crisis Wellington and $25 to RainbowYOUTH

*If enough people request it, I will do the $25/$25 to both organisations.

Ireland are currently on track to cause me to donate $50 to Rape Crisis Wellington, although I am considering sending half of that to RainbowYOUTH.

Addendum to :toxx:

If England prevent an Ireland Grand Slam, I will send $50 to each within a fortnight of the 6 Nations ending. Hopefully this puts quite a few people in the awkward position of supporting England.

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I'll do $50 to Rainbow Youth on the Chiefs to win the Super Rugby season.

If the Crusaders win the title OR the Blues make the play-offs OR both happens, I will send $50 to Women's Refuge.

If neither scenario occurs or if the Chiefs win, I will match your donation to Rainbow Youth. This will be fulfilled within a week of the conclusion of the Super Rugby season for 2018.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Feb 25, 2018

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

https://imgur.com/a/5JMB7

e: weird, won't let me post the actual picture.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

If England prevent an Ireland Grand Slam, I will send $50 to each within a fortnight of the 6 Nations ending. Hopefully this puts quite a few people in the awkward position of supporting England.

I don't know how poignant those wonderful southern-hemisphere charities are, but if anyone wants something ultra-topical, Our Hero Rhys Priestland and Rhys Ruddock have helped set up a charity in conjunction with Irish Rugby, and their sponsors Zurich. A bunch of current Irish players seem to stepped up to help promote the charity, as well.

The main goal of the charity was to launch an app that lets young people keep track of their mental health, and helps spot downturns in their mood, and put them in touch with relevant charities or helplines, depending on which aspect of their health seems to be suffering.

http://www.tackleyourfeelings.com/

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Vagabundo posted:

Ireland are currently on track to cause me to donate $50 to Rape Crisis Wellington, although I am considering sending half of that to RainbowYOUTH.

Addendum to :toxx:

If the Crusaders win the title OR the Blues make the play-offs OR both happens, I will send $50 to Women's Refuge.

If neither scenario occurs or if the Chiefs win, I will match your donation to Rainbow Youth. This will be fulfilled within a week of the conclusion of the Super Rugby season for 2018.

Think you might have a gambling problem.

Edit: lol
https://mobile.twitter.com/GLove39/status/967749315463733248

HappyCamperGL fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 25, 2018

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

I was meaning that if the Chiefs DON'T win the season, I'll donate $50. (Rainbow Youth are getting $50, in other words).

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

:(

https://twitter.com/jamieheaslip/status/968060885410381826

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Huge loss for Leinster

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Can someone make me an avatar of Ryan Wilson holding the Calcutta Cup? So I can change up my avatar and meet one of my bets at least.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Vaders Jester posted:

He’s been cited and has a disciplinary tomorrow, 4-52 weeks available as ban so he’s missing the last two games at the very least. Hughes not cited.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Total Meatlove posted:

He’s been cited and has a disciplinary tomorrow, 4-52 weeks available as ban so he’s missing the last two games at the very least. Hughes not cited.

Yeah, saw that. Not surprised he got cited for it though surprised Hughes didn't for choking him on the ground. Ah well, it means Strauss might finally come back and Scotland will have an actual ball carrying 8.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

That’s magnificent

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Total Meatlove posted:

Ryan Wilson cleared and is free to play. Good.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43235314

Eddie Jones abused heading home.

I mean, don't get me wrong, nobody should ever suffer that sort of abuse and it's entirely wrong that that happened. But he doesn't exactly help himself. He's the biggest oval office in sport, worse than Woodward and Mourinho combined. He isn't humble in defeat, he's pretty much an rear end in a top hat before the game and for years now he's been talking down Scotland (admittedly some of it is true, but the lack of respect is a bit galling)

I find it very very difficult to have sympathy for the man. Maybe he's an alright guy in real life (supposedly outside of football Mourinho is a good guy) but I can't see it.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

there is no excuse for assaulting anyone because of a sports game, even if they're a massive bellend

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

No there's definitely Not, but we can all agree he's a massive bellend.

Let's have a poll!

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

WMain00 posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43235314

Eddie Jones abused heading home.

I mean, don't get me wrong, nobody should ever suffer that sort of abuse and it's entirely wrong that that happened. But he doesn't exactly help himself. He's the biggest oval office in sport, worse than Woodward and Mourinho combined. He isn't humble in defeat, he's pretty much an rear end in a top hat before the game and for years now he's been talking down Scotland (admittedly some of it is true, but the lack of respect is a bit galling)

I find it very very difficult to have sympathy for the man. Maybe he's an alright guy in real life (supposedly outside of football Mourinho is a good guy) but I can't see it.

?? After the game he said full credit to Scotland they outplayed us. Before the game he said Scotland are very good and we’ll need to play well.

God forbid a coach sometimes say something interesting (which he didn’t, this time)

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
https://twitter.com/danroan/status/969107662729334784

Lovely behaviour.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I did like that he said England had a leadership problem, after repeatedly deciding that Hartley should be the captain.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Gross chavball behaviour.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

That was a terrifying 30 seconds of rugby for the All Blacks coaches.

Also DMac isn't playing in position for a first 5. Especially on defence. He's hanging back and making tackles - and doing a good job of it - but it isn't what he should be doing as a 10. He should be in a position to get the ball from someone else doing that and distributing it.

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro
Nice couple of tries and the conversions working now, sweet.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Wasn’t able to watch due to work, what happened?

I’m glad we got the result but it seems like this is going to be another struggling Chiefs season. 16 players unavailable due to injury? And that’s the start of the season. We just seem to always be lurking on the edge of greatness

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Also DMac isn't playing in position for a first 5. Especially on defence. He's hanging back and making tackles - and doing a good job of it - but it isn't what he should be doing as a 10. He should be in a position to get the ball from someone else doing that and distributing it.

I’ve seen lots of teams do this when their 10 is tiny and might get bulldozed. You basically have him play fly half in attack and fullback in defence. Wasps did it with Cipriani for ages because he was such a weak tackler.

I still think MacKenzieks a fullback tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

slothrop posted:

Wasn’t able to watch due to work, what happened?

Both Cane and DMac lying on the ground in pain.

And yeah, he's totally a natural fullback.