Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well shoot, now I'm starting to think this really was all part of Coyote's plan:

He gave Ysengrin his strength knowing that Ysengrin secretly hated him and would thus instantly attack him. This would release the memories Coyote had been storing inside of himself which would return to Ysengrin all at once. The overload of information would drive Ysengrin into even more of a blind rage and cause him to go attack the court which is now totally unguarded.

I guess the only question that remains is this: Why? And the answer to that question is probably: Because Coyote is a prick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Iceclaw posted:

Lord Kylo Ren you mean. Vader never had the stones to betray.

He definitely betrayed both the good guys and bad, in turn.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Iceclaw posted:

Lord Kylo Ren you mean. Vader never had the stones to betray.

First of all thanks for the spoilers I'd somehow managed to avoid until now. Second, have you never seen Return of the Jedi?

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Lurdiak posted:

First of all thanks for the spoilers I'd somehow managed to avoid until now. Second, have you never seen Return of the Jedi?

I'm not entirely sure I see the point of avoiding spoilers while also avoiding watching the movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

cargohills posted:

I'm not entirely sure I see the point of avoiding spoilers while also avoiding watching the movie.

I was waiting for it to be on netflix.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Lurdiak posted:

It took 2 years for the previous film to be added to Netflix.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
By the time a movie is out of theaters, especially one as big as Star Wars, the only person you can blame for getting spoiled is yourself.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Upside:

Ys looking good.

Got his fur and swole back.

Downside:

Getting his memories back.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

cargohills posted:

It took 2 years for the previous film to be added to Netflix.

Not in Canada. Although it only took 1 week for some stupid image macro to spoil that one for me.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I am looking forward to the next chapter, Mortysengrin's Mind Blowers.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 24, 2018

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Lurdiak posted:

lol owned

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Lurdiak posted:

lmao

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Lurdiak posted:

Not in Canada. Although it only took 1 week for some stupid image macro to spoil that one for me.

Seriously wtf is your problem with seeing films? I am basically only seeing Star Wars as soon as they are released at this point, and would never bitch about having, say, the 40 Year Old Virgin spoiled because I was too lazy to actually watch the DVD I have had in my collection since it was made available.

(Steve Carell does a thing right? :ohdear: )

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

OMG ROSEBUD IS THE SLED?!?!?! The gently caress man?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The sweet spot of caring enough to freak out about spoilers but not enough to see the movie in something resembling a timely fashion.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Bilirubin posted:

OMG ROSEBUD IS THE SLED?!?!?! The gently caress man?

Bruce Willis is a ghost, Vader is Luke's father, Tyler Durden is the narrator's split personality, the Planet of the Apes is future Earth, Verbal Kint is Keyser Soze, Snape kills Dumbledore, and Soylent Green is people. . . it's people!!!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Wait until he hears about the orgy Chewie has with the porgs

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Matinees are very cheap. I haven't paid more than $6 for a movie ticket in a very long while.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Samuringa posted:

I can't believe they killed why did you click

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Splicer posted:

I can't believe they killed my diiiiiiiiick

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Lurdiak posted:

From what I can tell from brief online searches, it took more than half a year for that film to be added to Netflix Canada. Again, if you're waiting well past even the DVD release to watch a film, I'm not sure why you'd expect to be able to avoid spoilers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

cargohills posted:

From what I can tell from brief online searches, it took more than half a year for that film to be added to Netflix Canada. Again, if you're waiting well past even the DVD release to watch a film, I'm not sure why you'd expect to be able to avoid spoilers.

Eh.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 24, 2018

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
As much as stuff happens in Gunnerkrigg, I have no idea what the endgame is actually going to be, and as a result I have no idea whether Coyote is likely to be really dead or not.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

:wookie:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Samuringa posted:

Porgy

How the hell am I the first person to post that

Maladictus
Feb 22, 2013

Mirage posted:

Porgy

How the hell am I the first person to post that

Bess just move on.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

OhFunny posted:

Upside:

Ys looking good.

Got his fur and swole back.

Downside:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg&feature=youtu.be&t=45s
:v:

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Samuringa posted:

I think this might be the most game changing event in this comic, even more than Tony showing up.

Ysengrin eats Tony next.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

As much as stuff happens in Gunnerkrigg, I have no idea what the endgame is actually going to be, and as a result I have no idea whether Coyote is likely to be really dead or not.

yeah at least harry potter had an antagonist from book one.....who the heck is the bad guy in ghis narrative. dont tell me its all about understanding there are no real bad guys

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I hate to do this to you, but I think it's about understanding there are no real bad guys.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I hate to do this to you, but I think it's about understanding there are no real bad guys.

what is this, infinite jest? i thought i was reading scifi harry potter and now i discover the only evil in the story is the idea that there is evil???

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
actually nevermind im starting to imagine the narrative unfolding like embassytown and it rules

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
How can you get this far in the comic and not realize it's about the characters? There's no Bad Guy, Annie won't go Super Sayan and blast the Court, Kat won't summon a Giant Mecha and stomp Ysengrin. They'll talk about it, they'll face their consequences like normal people, it's the way it has always been.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Samuringa posted:

How can you get this far in the comic and not realize it's about the characters? There's no Bad Guy, Annie won't go Super Sayan and blast the Court, Kat won't summon a Giant Mecha and stomp Ysengrin. They'll talk about it, they'll face their consequences like normal people, it's the way it has always been.

annie is for sure going to go some ethereal version of super saiyan and blast the court my man. shes half fire.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Samuringa posted:

I dunno, I think you're reading too much into it man.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Samuringa posted:

How can you get this far in the comic and not realize it's about box bot?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I've been following this comic regularly since chapter 3 and never at any point have I had a clue as to just what the heck is happening.

There's the court, they're spooky and also a school. Annie goes there, her mom is dead and her dad is kind of a dick. Kat goes there too, she has magic engineering powers. Both Kat's parents have weird faces. There was a dragon somewhere in the school and now he was a stuffed fox but now he's a regular fox. They didn't think they could trust him but now he's cool. He's friends with a mean doll named Hettie. There's also some ghosts and robots and a shadow, but they don't do much. I guess all the students have powers now that I think about it, but I can't tell you much about them. Annie is a psychopomp, so she can talk to the dead or the gods of the afterlife, I think. She also has a good rock her mom gave her that does... something. It might just be a foci? Anyway, Coyote is there too, for some reason right next to the court, which I think he works in oppposition to. Anyway, he's dead now so don't worry about him. His friend ysengrim, a treewolf, ate him.

Also there was a bad arrow trapping a ghost in the river below the court. It's gone now, which may be bad? Annie made a deal with a god to save Smitty, who got stabbed by said ghost.

Did I miss anything important?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Reading comprehension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Somberbrero posted:

Did I miss anything important?

The people in charge of the court are jerks. Also Jones.