Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I just heard Kruber praise Kerillian by saying that "this shows she's more fun on the battlefield than anywhere else!"

Kruber/Kerillian ship is sunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Grondoth posted:

I just heard Kruber praise Kerillian by saying that "this shows she's more fun on the battlefield than anywhere else!"

Kruber/Kerillian ship is sunk

the question is, how would he know?

there's also the comment from kerillian that goes "i admit, kruber, your flailing makes your rampages all the more....intriguing"

this is the sort of poo poo i'm talking about when i say someone at fatshark has a boner for the elf

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

PantsOptional posted:

You can just hit “i” and bring up the inventory/talents/crafting screen.

Thanks.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Coolguye posted:

grabbing tomes makes a lot of sense in the current context since it costs you almost nothing, but there's almost no point to grabbing grims. a full book run guarantees a soldier's box. a soldier's box - okay? who gives a crap? you need general's or emperor's to really get quality stuff. i get that doing grims makes you less reliant on ranald's gift but until i have a level down so cold i don't even need gear i will be much better off just taking the health as i will get more boxes out of the deal.

Honestly the bloodlust talent, or whatever they've renamed it to, plus the passive health regen trinket work so insanely well together they make it so you need 2 grims just to keep things from getting stale on Champion. It is problematically powerful!!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Tokubetsu posted:

Tried the mace on sienna but wasnt feeling it, swords it seems to be for me. I miss the power swing aoe too much.

I feel ya. It's really tough to justify until you start fighting the quantities of stormvermin and Sports FansTM that manifest on Champion. Then it becomes tough to justify anything else tbh.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The headstart on the 28th is when progression starts to carry over to the main game, right?

Orv
May 4, 2011

fadam posted:

The headstart on the 28th is when progression starts to carry over to the main game, right?

"Provided nothing goes wrong" yeah.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Coolguye posted:

there's also the comment from kerillian that goes "i admit, kruber, your flailing makes your rampages all the more....intriguing"

this is the sort of poo poo i'm talking about when i say someone at fatshark has a boner for the elf

They have some new conversations where kruber absolutely dunks her like "you're bloody clueless, you know that" in the first game, so I'm not seeing it

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Coolguye posted:

it's "endearing" and it's not a compliment, you're projecting or something

Orv
May 4, 2011
He wanna gently caress dat elf.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
what does +x% respawn rate do on items

we almost think that it means you respawn faster if you die but that would be the dumbest thing ever

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I really wish the elf was less of a screeching dickhead, honestly. It felt like she was actually willing to drop an incredibly grudging compliment or two periodically in the first one but she talks more than anyone else in this one and it's all really stupid insults. It's like they dialed up the rear end in a top hat meter to 11.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Why would it mean anything else, that's exactly what the phoenix emblem does

still wish they had made the phoenix emblem make you respawn already standing, which would probably break all kinds of scripting and just cause you to die again because of the karma gutter/packmaster spawn when you're too far away from your team, but it would be hilarious

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
To be fair, Kruber's lost his family and he returned to drinking when he made claims about staying sober and never touching the stuff for a long, long time. Kerillian's dumb bullshit is rain drops on the carriage window, he probably cares a bit. He's the most 'normal' character in the game with relatable traits and qualities.

As normal as you get for Warhammer Fantasy, at least. Also the writer of Vermintide is a very smart person whoever they are and they reference a lot of old stuff. But that being said, I find a lot of the dialogue and insults traded to be out of place considering what they've been through up to now and I feel like Kerillian should be less bitchy. Even Saltzpyre has made some very amicable comments and Kerillian again just snaps off a dumbass reply.

"You Elves would be good allies if you weren't so mercurial in nature."
"Adults and children are not allies. One merely guides the other."

Sienna's dialogue in V1 suggested that Kerillian and she opened up really well to one another but not only has that never come up in actual gameplay those two aren't even communicating in V2 so far. I don't think Fatshark will calibrate dialogue spoken based on careers either.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Victor is probably my favorite just because as standoffish as he is, it's really clear from his other dialogues with everyone else that it's primarily because he has seen an awful lot of poo poo, and that overall he's actually a pretty decent guy who has the others' backs for all his grumbling.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
That would be kind of a bummer if the dialogue didn't hold up. Because that was a huge bonus among my group, and compared to L4D or most games really. I get what you mean by out of place. Though I'm in favor of this trade off because them being Debbie downers doesn't work long term. Hell that would probably kill the game if the gang acted all sad and depressed during the end of days.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

As long as Saltzpyre responds to putting down a Chaos Warrior with WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!? :smug: all is well.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dialogue between characters has still been good from what I've heard, but part of my complaint with chaos being a garbage addition in general is that they make the characters a lot less interesting because many of their best lines and interactions in the first game were a reflection of the skaven (see: my title)

Saltzpyre's entire defining feature is "loses his loving mind over rats" because there's nothing he hates more than rats and then the apocalypse was made out of rats, but he's downright tame a lot of the time in this game. Many lines had to be rewritten to remove the assumption that the enemy is all rats

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I just want Kerillian to quip only as much as everyone else, instead of what seems to be the case here where every single incidence of a character saying something triggers Kerillian to also say something either in response or as a non sequitur.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Martout posted:

it's "endearing" and it's not a compliment, you're projecting or something
getting defensive awful quick there guy what’s up

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
okay so can someone once again tell me how to kill shield guys and armored guys? because man I hate chaos warriors

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also, why does it seem like I'm not getting all the scrap I should?

Orv
May 4, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

also, why does it seem like I'm not getting all the scrap I should?

Scrap is currently ultra buggy, between getting the wrong amounts and losing it to various actions.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

okay so can someone once again tell me how to kill shield guys and armored guys? because man I hate chaos warriors

hold left click

go test this out in the court yard on the training dummy

no not that one, the one with armor on

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

sneaky stab stab

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

Kanos posted:

I really wish the elf was less of a screeching dickhead, honestly. It felt like she was actually willing to drop an incredibly grudging compliment or two periodically in the first one but she talks more than anyone else in this one and it's all really stupid insults. It's like they dialed up the rear end in a top hat meter to 11.

they're almost all grudging compliments in this one. i don't think i've heard a single out and out insult

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Orikaeshigitae posted:

they're almost all grudging compliments in this one. i don't think i've heard a single out and out insult

She literally yells at people and calls them stupid for healing her, and one of her callout lines for Bardin being really wounded is how she's okay with him being dead.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Kanos posted:

She literally yells at people and calls them stupid for healing her.

In fairness, she is not wrong in this instance.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This all goes back to "Kerillian is the elf equivalent of an edgy, angsty teenager who tries to act more mature than she really is" which is a good character flaw imo. She's not the ancient, mysterious elf archetype, she just thinks she is.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Coolguye posted:

to be clear in random pubbing around today i saw three separate elves with longbows hit their trueflight barrage and cut a charging chaos swarm down in at least half, maybe as much as 2/3rds (it's a little difficult to tell in the heat of the moment, esp since i am playing classes i'm less familiar with to keep the game interesting rn)

Witch hunter captain and bounty hunter actives also do this, in fact trueflight volly seemed underpowered to me after playing those classes. Y'all are way too freaked out about game balance rn.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Also very few of the new dialogue lines are actually in game. Chill the hell out people.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I enjoy the elf's disparaging banter as it contrasts wonderfully with her panicked dialog when she's incapacitated by specials.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Bussamove posted:

This all goes back to "Kerillian is the elf equivalent of an edgy, angsty teenager who tries to act more mature than she really is" which is a good character flaw imo. She's not the ancient, mysterious elf archetype, she just thinks she is.

She's a hick who hates the city and wants to go home, but can't.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

Witch hunter captain and bounty hunter actives also do this, in fact trueflight volly seemed underpowered to me after playing those classes. Y'all are way too freaked out about game balance rn.

WHC active literally cannot do damage dafugg are you talking about

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Orikaeshigitae posted:

She's a hick who hates the city and wants to go home, but can't.

Yeah, she really, really bitter. I think this is also the reason she treats Sienna differently than the rest of the party. She was given a good lesson on treating mages with proper degree of respect when she got herself banished from her beloved murder forest. One of her conversations in V1 even runs along the line of

Elf: My people believe that magic is a blessing and that those who have the gift are to be honored and respected.

BW: My people believe magic is a curse and that who use it are to be feared.

Elf: I think, perhaps, both are right.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Should I bother with trying 1 at this point or just get 2?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Coolguye posted:

WHC active literally cannot do damage dafugg are you talking about

It gives everyone a crit boost so if they're playing at all smart and hitting things with their weapons it destroys a horde.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
The word you're all looking for to describe the elf is "tsundere"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

It gives everyone a crit boost so if they're playing at all smart and hitting things with their weapons it destroys a horde.

trueflight directly kills the majority of an oncoming horde with 0 risk

like they literally cant hit you, smart has nothing to do with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The word you're all looking for to describe the elf is "tsundere"

There's no dere.

Can you parry in this game, or just block?

Orikaeshigitae fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 25, 2018

• Locked thread