Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Serotonin posted:

I’ve been tempted. I’ve got 13 or so spare Khorne Bloodbound. Are people just slicing the lower legs off and adding chaos Marine lower legs? I can’t bear the boots on them as 40k models

Not tried it myself but a quick google shows lots of suggestions images and at least one how-to video.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?cli...1.0.qRMt2PgtSw0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
Went in to the store to pick up Eisenhorn today and got a bonus Fulgrim pin to go with it! Not sure if they're giving out a variety but I definitely got the most fabulous.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

FiestaNinja posted:

Went in to the store to pick up Eisenhorn today and got a bonus Fulgrim pin to go with it! Not sure if they're giving out a variety but I definitely got the most fabulous.

:sparkles:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Have game against Jet bike supreme soup next week, with a side of guard and manticore spam.

I have been warned well in advance what to expect so I figured I'd try out cheese him.

I am thinking roughly here, but my game plan is to match his shield captains with a supreme detachment of Daemon prince's. Oblits and Las predators for shooty support also.

Additionally maybe a bloodletter/horror bomb for a fun Alpha?

Just show up with zero models and a six pack of beer.

As much as GW getting lists right is a good answer, social pressure not to be a dick is more effective. People who can't get others to play with them generally GTFO or quit being assholes about their list building.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Just match them 1 for 1 but with maulerfiends and winged demon princes.

Alternatively would an army made almost entirely out of contemptor dreadnoughts do anything to them?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Liquid Communism posted:

As much as GW getting lists right is a good answer, social pressure not to be a dick is more effective. People who can't get others to play with them generally GTFO or quit being assholes about their list building.

Exactly. The way The Sex Cannon replied to my biker list was enough for me to reconsider it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

Well, if he was warned in advance then I assume its less being an rear end in a top hat to him and more just a 'friendly' game of trying to out-dick each other :v:

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Neurolimal posted:

Well, if he was warned in advance then I assume its less being an rear end in a top hat to him and more just a 'friendly' game of trying to out-dick each other :v:

This.

Me and this guy usually play ultra fluffy. This is just us having some fun and going 'full retard' comp wise.

Six pack advice is good advice though, will bring one anyway.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Deptfordx posted:

Not tried it myself but a quick google shows lots of suggestions images and at least one how-to video.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?cli...1.0.qRMt2PgtSw0

Cheers

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
How do the Guard players in here feel about standard Taurox in the place of Chimeras for a semi-mechanized list? They've got a lot of advantages including price at the cost of a single point of toughness but I'm wondering if they're enough of an improvement to be worth using since I don't see many of them in lists online.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Pendent posted:

How do the Guard players in here feel about standard Taurox in the place of Chimeras for a semi-mechanized list? They've got a lot of advantages including price at the cost of a single point of toughness but I'm wondering if they're enough of an improvement to be worth using since I don't see many of them in lists online.

Tauroxes, meh. Taurox primes on the other hand are amazing. I've had Taurox primes give me a bad day many times.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Pendent posted:

The value of Taurox Primes is as light gunboats, the transport capacity is incidental. Basic Tauroxes lose the firepower so they're more of a pure transport. Imo Guard has nothing especially worth transporting except maybe command squads, and those are better served by planes, so unless you're committed to mech as a theme I wouldn't bother.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

The value of Taurox Primes is as light gunboats, the transport capacity is incidental. Basic Tauroxes lose the firepower so they're more of a pure transport. Imo Guard has nothing especially worth transporting except maybe command squads, and those are better served by planes, so unless you're committed to mech as a theme I wouldn't bother.

You don't see any value in using them to cart around an infantry squad or two for grabbing objectives?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Pendent posted:

You don't see any value in using them to cart around an infantry squad or two for grabbing objectives?

Not compared to spending the equivalent points on more infantry squads. Besides anything else, the infantry squad on foot is potentially faster with an assist from orders.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

Not compared to spending the equivalent points on more infantry squads. Besides anything else, the infantry squad on foot is potentially faster with an assist from orders.

Huh, that's a good point. 12+2d6 is going to be pretty similar to 14+d6 in practice.

It's good to know why mechanized guard is suboptimal at least. I still might go for it because it sounds fun but that's going to be a a ways out regardless- I'm only just now picking up the Start Collecting box.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe
Went to my local GW, got a huge bag of free swag.

4 buttons : young Eisenhorn, old Eisenhorn, Fulgrim for some odd reason and some Sigmar related one.

Also got a free book of short stories and a black library book mark. Also grabbed Eisenhorn himself (but had to pay for him)

Looks like they have bought my affection again.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Just hit my local GW and got the same thing. The guy running the store asked who I play, and after mentioning Emperor's Children, his face lit up and he said "We should be seeing some really cool Slaanesh stuff by the end of the year, so you have that to look forward to."

I know I know, rumors/uncle that works at Nintendo/etc, but there it is. I'm hopeful, but we'll see.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
The new snake-body AoS models have me very hopeful that was a test for Fulgrim. This is new GW so a major EC release wouldn’t surprise me.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Just hit my local GW and got the same thing. The guy running the store asked who I play, and after mentioning Emperor's Children, his face lit up and he said "We should be seeing some really cool Slaanesh stuff by the end of the year, so you have that to look forward to."

I know I know, rumors/uncle that works at Nintendo/etc, but there it is. I'm hopeful, but we'll see.

This actually might be actually true. I was talking about a chaos release recently, thinking it would be black legion. This makes more sense though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

PierreTheMime posted:

The new snake-body AoS models have me very hopeful that was a test for Fulgrim. This is new GW so a major EC release wouldn’t surprise me.

Sorry, it was actually a test for a Sslyth army, coming soon to Tau and Deldar forces.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

They don't really show the store managers anything that they don't already show us.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What's going on today that they're giving away stuff?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Page 666 hail Satan

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hixson posted:

Page 666 hail Satan

Slaanesh you mean.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Hixson posted:

Page 666 hail Satan

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Neurolimal posted:

Sorry, it was actually a test for a Sslyth army, coming soon to Tau and Deldar forces.

This would be awesome.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Given that Slaanesh has been mentioned more in the past month in AoS than in AoS's entire preceding existence Its pretty much a given that we will see a Slaanesh release later this year. Its the most obvious build up I've ever seen.

AnEdgelord fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 24, 2018

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Wait is today Eisenhorn model release day

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

They don't really show the store managers anything that they don't already show us.

He did mention that he doesn't know anything sooner than 3 days to any given release. I just figured he was more on the up and up than I was. Meaning I just assume he pays more attention to the hints and stuff.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What's going on today that they're giving away stuff?

The 25th Anniversary of the Black library.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

OhDearGodNo posted:

Wait is today Eisenhorn model release day

Yes.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I expect to see a lot of Eisenhorn as a HQ for various Imperial detachments. Seems like a decent unit.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I expect to see a lot of Eisenhorn as a HQ for various Imperial detachments. Seems like a decent unit.

Terrify is a highly useful power.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MasterSlowPoke posted:

True, but they may occasionally be privvy to rumors from other staff who are in the know, depending on who they know. During my short stint at GW, one of the blackshirts from across the pond was in town to train us and he let me know about the (then-still-upcoming) plastic Chaos terminators that were scheduled for release the following summer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Terrify is a highly useful power.

Plus he gets a S6, T6, W5, A4 daemonhost that hits on 3+, gets +1 to wound, and has a 4++ save.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Hixson posted:

Page 666 hail Satan

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Slaanesh you mean.
The 666th Chapter of the Grey Knights easily [objective] secures this page.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

After posting that, I tossed on pants and flip flops to drive 30 min to the new GW store. Managed to grab the last one.

I know it’ll eventually be released, however I’ve been waiting for this model since I first saw Brian Nelson’s sculpt for =I=

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hixson posted:

Page 666 hail Satan

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

OhDearGodNo posted:

After posting that, I tossed on pants and flip flops to drive 30 min to the new GW store. Managed to grab the last one.

I know it’ll eventually be released, however I’ve been waiting for this model since I first saw Brian Nelson’s sculpt for =I=
You know Eisenhorn's available on the website, right? :v:

I was paranoid about the whole thing and idled on GW's site around when they update it. Grabbed mine along with some Shadespire junk. Looks like he's still available though, at least in the US.

Also,

Hixson posted:

Page 666 hail Satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Safety Factor posted:

You know Eisenhorn's available on the website, right? :v:

I was paranoid about the whole thing and idled on GW's site around when they update it. Grabbed mine along with some Shadespire junk. Looks like he's still available though, at least in the US.

Also,

Goddamnit