Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

i bet he doesnt even have lenses in those things

they are projection glasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

cool

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

tacodaemon posted:

from @BaronVonDoodles on twitter

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Epic High Five posted:

his own party rejected a proposal that would've let him claim to have saved DACA as well as funding the wall and I guess nobody told him lmao

wow, it's almost as if their actual goal is to deport all these people

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

eric is the most handsome

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mariana Horchata posted:

they are projection glasses

:vince:

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
i dont get it this memo just has the Full House theme scribbled on it in different fonts

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

God Keith fell hard.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i know the trump family has committed heinous crimes for more than a century now but i just can't help but be charmed by their good looks

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

tacodaemon posted:

from @BaronVonDoodles on twitter

his mouth alone is proof that god is dead

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Evil_Greven posted:

Blast from the past:
In 1999, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 15 people and wounded 23 more at Columbine High School. The destruction occurred despite the fact that there was an armed security officer at the school and another one nearby — exactly what LaPierre argued on Friday was the answer to stopping “a bad guy with a gun.”

Deputy Neil Gardner was a 15-year veteran of the Jefferson County, Colo., Sheriff’s Office assigned as the uniformed officer at Columbine. According to an account compiled by the police department, Gardner fired on Harris but was unsuccessful in stopping him:

Gardner, seeing Harris working with his gun, leaned over the top of the car and fired four shots. He was 60 yards from the gunman. Harris spun hard to the right and Gardner momentarily thought he had hit him. Seconds later, Harris began shooting again at the deputy.

After the exchange of gunfire, Harris ran back into the building. Gardner was able to get on the police radio and called for assistance from other Sheriff’s units. “Shots in the building. I need someone in the south lot with me.”

The second officer was Deputy Paul Smoker, a motorcycle patrolman who was near the school writing a speeding ticket. When he heard a dispatch of a woman injured at the high school, he responded. He, too, fired at Harris but didn’t stop him.

LaPierre said having armed security on the scene is necessary so someone is there to shoot back. “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” he said. “Would you rather have your 911 call bring a good guy with a gun from a mile away — or a minute away?”

But in chaotic situations, it’s often impossible to identify the “bad guy,” as Smoker said in his account of Columbine: “There was an unknown inside a school. We didn’t know who the ‘bad guy’ was but we soon realized the sophistication of their weapons. These were big bombs. Big guns. We didn’t have a clue who ‘they’ were.”

“That’s the point,” said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) at a press conference on Friday afternoon, denouncing LaPierre’s solution. “There were two armed law enforcement officers at that campus, and you see what happened. Fifteen dead ... 23 wounded.”

New Jersey Chris Christie (R) also said on Friday that he doesn’t believe having armed guards will make schools safer or encourage learning.

On Wednesday, violence prevention researchers and a large number of education, health and civic groups discouraged putting more guns in schools.

“Inclinations to intensify security in schools should be reconsidered,” they wrote in a statement. “We cannot and should not turn our schools into fortresses. Effective prevention cannot wait until there is a gunman in a school parking lot. We need resources such as mental health supports and threat assessment teams in every school and community so that people can seek assistance when they recognize that someone is troubled and requires help.”

This is from 2012

the difference is in ‘99 cops were trained to secure the perimeter and call for swat and a negotiator. now they’re trained to call for backup then immediately engage the gunman

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

my favorite thing about this tweet is that it acts like we're in danger of dipping below 150 ppm if we don't keep pumping out that co2, but we're currently at over 400 ppm lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

it's awesome how the right is now pushing "yeah climate change is real but have you considered that it's actually really good??"

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
CO2, or as it is known by most, "the gas of life"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
TORMP

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
hard right american conservatism

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016

angerbeet posted:

CO2, or as it is known by most, "the gas of life"

hell yeah

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
So when a north hollywood shootout style shooting happens in a school are they gonna give every teacher body armor and a twelve gauge

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Listen, we're carbon-based, and that's just the way it is.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Caganer posted:

the difference is in ‘99 cops were trained to secure the perimeter and call for swat and a negotiator. now they’re trained to call for backup then immediately engage the gunman

what part of their training instructs them to jack off in the parking lot while kids are slaughtered?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What's the DACA deadline, March 5?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nichael posted:

it's awesome how the right is now pushing "yeah climate change is real but have you considered that it's actually really good??"

its insane and i hate it and i love it and we probably don't have any way out but violence but we should also ban all the guns :angel:

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Plants like CO2 therefore more is good just like how human cells like glucose and therefore type two diabetics are the healthiest humans.

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
clearly america must return to a spartan-esque style of education by ruthlessly pitting our best and brightest against each other in all out district wide melees

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

its insane and i hate it and i love it and we probably don't have any way out but violence but we should also ban all the guns :angel:

if u see nra sticker pls smash, for a gun obsessed death cult they sure do make themselves readily identifiable targets

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GobiasIndustries posted:

What's the DACA deadline, March 5?

yes but supposedly it doesn't mean that the dreamers will be immediately interned, they'll still have to be found by ICE, and then they have some legal recourse and can tie the case up in the courts etc etc

(ice will just throw them into camps regardless)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

if u see nra sticker pls smash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qJTJNfzvr8

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump is right, the Dreamers should all buy guns and prepare to defend their lives

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I'ma get this machine kills fascists tattooed on my knuckles

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
*huffs on co2*

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Reality Loser posted:

I'ma get this machine kills fascists tattooed on my knuckles

those are some hosed up hands bro

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I've been meaning to get a bunch of this machine kills fascists stickers made so I can slap them on all the industrial machines at work

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

Trump is right, the Dreamers should all buy guns and prepare to defend their lives

Just so long as those guns don't have detachable mags or pistol grips

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

:drat: that thread title

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
my country can beat up your country bitch

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nichael posted:

It's like when they say we can't have gun control because then there will be a thousand Wacos. They don't even try to argue that gun control is a bad idea anymore, it's just full out "I am ready to join a pedophile doomsday cult at the loving drop of a hat"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HEY NONG MAN posted:

those are some hosed up hands bro

hemingway cspam poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
NRA released a statement about companies dropping their partnerships