Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Thank you goon

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849999&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post481595812

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

fool_of_sound posted:

It miiight have been Dr What

naw that weren't me. my coat is and was and will ever be ridiculous tho

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I hate to admit it (and I can't find it), but this guy made a leather jacket that I kinda liked. I guess "made" is a bit strong of a word. He glued stuff on and painted a leather jacket in a way that I liked. Not one that I would ever wear, mind you, and I wear a pretty stupid leather jacket with a skull and crossed sabers painted on the back, but one that looked kind of cool and a 20 year old me would have loved.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
What kind of people all know / think about those of all photos

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i only think about one photo & its one where im super buff and look really good and popular and very rich and popular again

that said, the forest one above is ok.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

joylessdivision posted:

Holy loving poo poo I didn't realize that was what you guys were talking about. I didn't know there was more :allears:
He's like a perfect storm of shamelessness. How are you so unaware???

Dumb Lowtax posted:

What kind of people all know / think about those of all photos

Goons.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like the frog tech image

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Krankenstyle posted:

i only think about one photo & its one where im super buff and look really good and popular and very rich and popular again

that said, the forest one above is ok.
It really needs the addition of a seven-foot sword.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

DicktheCat posted:

He's like a perfect storm of shamelessness. How are you so unaware???

What? Dude knows exactly what he's doing. He's gorgeous.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

He looks like the rear end in a top hat programmer from Grandma's Boy.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I dont care what that dude looks like I wish I had half his confidence

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I always get that fashion goon dude mixed up with Romeo Rose. I'll say this much for the guy, if he had carved out some sort of celebrity status for himself through something like music, he'd come of as no less weird fashion wise than people like Prince, Lady Gaga, Bowie, Marilyn Manson and such.

Dude has the nads to go for it at least. I used to wear a lot of weird poo poo myself back in my art school days and am glad there was no internet back then.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

purple death ray posted:

I dont care what that dude looks like I wish I had half his confidence

:same:

Dude looks like he's having an excellent time. We could all be so lucky.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

BiggerBoat posted:

I always get that fashion goon dude mixed up with Romeo Rose.

I was just thinking he looked like black metal romeo rose

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

jesus dude that's a bit loving harsh

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Watership Down, The Secret of NIMH, and The Black Cauldron are the best not quite scary kid's cartoons.

What is the secret of nickel metal hydride?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Shifty Nipples posted:

That's NiMH this is NIMH

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Shifty Nipples posted:

It's all in the charging.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
He looks like a Disney villain and I can't look away

The sparkle in his eye

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Shifty Nipples posted:

The negative electrode reaction. Obviously. :rolleyes:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's all in the charging.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The negative electrode reaction. Obviously. :rolleyes:

Additionally, low internal resistance.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

National Institute of Mental Health

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sid Vicious posted:

National Institute of Mental Health

Gesundheit.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

The thread that birthed this http://www.somethingawful.com/flash-tub/zelda-cdi-remix/ was amazing but alas, all the links are dead now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yjh2BnTTBs The winner, animated

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Does anyone have a link to or has saved this thread in e/n where a guy was talking about a Russian girl in his class with “glittering eyes” and it was incoherent and also hilarious, and some poster determined that he was Greek? It was soooo funny. Searching “glittering eyes” on SA search does not provide results so maybe it was deleted?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I prefer just googling site:forums.somethingawful.com for my SA searches if I have a good idea of the phrase.

Here is your post about it in the funny quotes thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749412&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post453721402

And the original thread itself

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3405371#post390560591

For posterity

Mongmonghi posted:

I start the new semester new people in class this Russian hottie comes we talk we exchange numbers ,I go to her house to get some programs that I needed for my new laptop after a week and we end up making out we din't hosed.
She shows me pictures of hers and things that you don't normaly show to people you don't care about emotionaly,also while we were making out she checked my pulse for heartbeat wich I found disturbing.

She comes on Saturday at my house I cook we watch movies on the couch and we end up loving,best sex in my life so far and she enjoyed it as well before sex though she told me that I feel like I am using you.

On sunday I wake up and I tell her the epic "Are we in a relationship?" phrase she says gently caress no but she acts like my girlfriend,I am confused.

Second week is a mix of flirt from her side and passive agressive behaviour from me cause I feel like I fell into a slut while I was in search for a relationship.

On sunday I go to her house to talk she tells me that she wants to be my friend,I tell her if you want friendship then no romance but she responds but saying "you never know"

Third week I was looking at her during the class and she was looking at me with glittering eyes,I think she likes me but I did something wrong and she wants me to prove to her eyes that I am good enough for her.
I don't push her and I try to be as friendly as I can but also don't treat her as a real friend cause I don't want to have her as a friend more like a girlfriend.

The whole week passed like this

On monday of last week I sent her an sms on her cellphone something like "I miss your eyes " she does not responds ,I see her at the afternoon cause we are in the same group for the university and we are friendly,she is bit flirty but that doesnt mean necessary its real flirt..
I go home confused and I talk on her online that I want her and I see her eyes that say that she wants me too,she responds something along "I don't see you that way don't immagine things and you make me feel confused if you want to talk about neutral subjects please do but not about that."
I got angry she tells me I dont understand why you are angry.
We meet the next day at the university she is weird I am angry but at night I send her an email that says that I am sorry for beign like this during the last weeks and I am ok with friendship.

Since then we haven't talked and I started flirting a girl that she doesnt like but she pretends to be her friend.

I think the situation is pretty much dead and I have been used by a slut,I don't want to make her pay but I don't want to feel that akward with her during this semester given that we work at the same group.

Should I go for the girl that she does not likes?I think she is a decent person and also how should I behave around the one I hosed I act like a buddy but I see that she feels akward and I feel akward too around her

Garrand has a new favorite as of 16:50 on Feb 26, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Garrand posted:

I prefer just googling site:forums.somethingawful.com for my SA searches if I have a good idea of the phrase.

Here is your post about it in the funny quotes thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749412&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post453721402

And the original thread itself

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3405371#post390560591

For posterity

Hahaha I love you. “fell into a slut” I forgot about that part ooooh and I forgot about having to read it in Swisgaar Skwigelf’s voice :allears:

E: Jesus Christ that was a long time ago

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:27 on Feb 26, 2018

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Back when Internet Nice Guys were novel.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

The fedora brigade was around way before that. Also i keep trying to read that in skwisgard voice and keep cracking up "i fell into a slut.this is totalizes dildoes."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Man I wish I fell into more sluts during my college decade.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

I Said No posted:

I always liked it when GBS would direct some new/inexperienced poster to FYAD hoping they'd get torn apart, but FYAD would always be wise to it and would just chill with the intended victim.

Speaking of which, there was a time when now popular H3H3 Productions, came to SA to advertise his videos when he still wasn't well known. They directed him to FYAD because it "fit more of his style".

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3558010

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3558012

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Over There posted:

Speaking of which, there was a time when now popular H3H3 Productions, came to SA to advertise his videos when he still wasn't well known. They directed him to FYAD because it "fit more of his style".

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3558010

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3558012

I completely forgot about that! I wonder if they ever made a video about their experience here.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I completely forgot about that! I wonder if they ever made a video about their experience here.

I watched them for a while around this time and I hadn't heard a word about SA. They did try a couple subreddits as well.

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Cheap Mexican Labor since the late 80's
I dunno if it's been mentioned anywhere in these pages, but Elitist Jerks from WoW was Goon Squad in beta, and the majority of the members were from here for quite some time. There was a bunch of silly internet drama that happened around that whole situation, that's mostly been lost to time.

That's all I got.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's funny because H3H3 is more popular than SA now.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

What isn't.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ghostlight posted:

What isn't.

Something sensitive

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Being a goon is like posting on GameFAQs or GaiaOnline or 4chan, it's something literally everyone of a nerdy persuasion who existed within a specific span of time did and then moved on and tried to forget had ever happened out of embarrassment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

What isn't.

The President.