Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Glazius posted:

I hear tell where Oaki's a big boy and can make the whole trip by himself, even the wolf part. ...of course, you are still kind of following him to the shrine, aren't you? Or does it show up on your map?

The shrine does not show up. The quest marker stays on Tasho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
I haven't tried it myself, but I'm pretty sure you if you know the path yourself you can just run ahead and go straight to the shrine without bothering to follow him.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

ousire posted:

I haven't tried it myself, but I'm pretty sure you if you know the path yourself you can just run ahead and go straight to the shrine without bothering to follow him.

If you can somehow do it without being seen.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Oh man, I just found this thread and I am unreasonably happy that someone decided to do an LP of this game.

Let me disclose that I have never really been a huge fan of the Zelda games, mostly because I suck at them--I tend to spaz over minor jump scares so the N64 games were like survival horror for me.

But I loved, loved, LOVED the ambience of this game--the art style, the feel, the gameplay, all of it. Even you, Thunderblight Ganon :v:

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

Oh man, I just found this thread

Ya ha ha!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I didn't see Vah Rudania in your list of videos...did you guys do that Divine Beast?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Alter Ego posted:

I didn't see Vah Rudania in your list of videos...did you guys do that Divine Beast?

I think Thorn said he's doing that one last?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Lazy Bear posted:

If you can somehow do it without being seen.

It's rather easy to do when you know the path.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ablative posted:

I think Thorn said he's doing that one last?

Ugh, really? I saved Vah Naboris for last mostly because of how tough I heard Thunderblight Ganon was and because of those Yiga fuckers. I am horrendous at pretty much anything stealth, so I put it off as long as I could.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Alter Ego posted:

Ugh, really? I saved Vah Naboris for last mostly because of how tough I heard Thunderblight Ganon was and because of those Yiga fuckers. I am horrendous at pretty much anything stealth, so I put it off as long as I could.
I quite unwisely did Vah Naboris first.

With three hearts.

There was a great deal of cursing.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Alter Ego posted:

poo poo really, that’s the toughest one? After hours of exploring everything it ended up being the first Devine beast I did. Hopefully the rest are still a challenge in comparison.

The Yiga hideout involved a lot of ice arrows.

e: words

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 17, 2018

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

We just recorded that one, but there are quite a few videos between now and then.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Mother, she blew my brain

Returning to Gerudo Desert next week for one of the silliest parts of the game.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
That poor winter lizalfos at the end there. Had absolutely no idea what was going on.

'Ahh my tail! ow. ow. ow. ow I'm slidin' over here. Ok time to turn around and WHAT!? there's nothing there what's hitting me I can't tell who's hitting me oh i'm dead blegh.'

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
The Sheikah from 10,000 years ago really messed up when they kept the username and password for the guardians as "admin/admin"

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS

Kassad posted:

The Sheikah from 10,000 years ago really messed up when they kept the username and password for the guardians as "admin/admin"

Would you want to be the poor shmuck assigned to personalizing all two hundred usernames and passwords? And that's just the land ones. You'd also have to do the turrets, the flying sentries, the mini-scouts...

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
They could have just left a warning about turning the WiFi (VahFi?) in the old legend.

Also Link is totally patching the security hole when he's activating the terminals in the divine beasts.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
If you think about it, Link is actually a Sysop patching legacy software.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

:tinfoil:

Honestly I'd side with Ganon if I had to put up with her talking in my head forever too.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Kassad posted:

They could have just left a warning about turning the WiFi (VahFi?) in the old legend.

Also Link is totally patching the security hole when he's activating the terminals in the divine beasts.

"Another terminal, another registry to go through. What the heck is Banzai Buddy?"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Fi was Clippy, it all makes sense now.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Thadius posted:

Would you want to be the poor shmuck assigned to personalizing all two hundred usernames and passwords? And that's just the land ones. You'd also have to do the turrets, the flying sentries, the mini-scouts...

Seems like they got tired after personalizing all of the guardians in the shrines.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

White Coke posted:

Seems like they got tired after personalizing all of the guardians in the shrines.

Those are clearly just not connected to the internet.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Icedude posted:

:tinfoil:

Honestly I'd side with Ganon if I had to put up with her talking in my head forever too.

This is why you don't connect your sword that seals the darkness to the internet.

suddenly cats
Nov 16, 2006

Cats do not abide by the laws of nature, alright? You don't know shit about cats.

Kassad posted:

This is why you don't connect your sword that seals the darkness to the internet.

Master, there is a 74% chance that sexy singles are in your area, and a 93% chance that they are looking for love. Would you like to make a love connection?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

YamiNoSenshi posted:

We just recorded that one, but there are quite a few videos between now and then.

Word. Looking forward to seeing it. You guys are hella fun to listen to.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

suddenly cats posted:

Master, there is a 74% chance that sexy singles are in your area, and a 93% chance that they are looking for love. Would you like to make a love connection?

Link swipes left.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

A part many have been waiting for, I'm sure. The plot is back on track, just in time to get really goofy.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
I have... I just have no words for that. I mean, it started all serious and stuff, with Link meeting another leader and all that... Then, you jump into the fountain behind her, and start climbing up the building.

That twin bomb shrine looks fun.

Then... Bananas. And Ninjas. And Bananinjas.
The Yiga clan sure has gone downhill. Those big guys with the wind swords are mean fuckers though. And the boss... The loving boss... what the hell.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
The Yiga hideout and Thunderblight Gannon makes the rest of the divine beast quests look like a joke.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

So I cleared that shrine much more easily/way harder.

Simply put I got to the end, looked at the ceiling jets, dropped the ice cube on the magnetic block from above and then used magnesis to finagle the ice cube next to the switch. That took a lot of tries to get right...

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Good news! Costello yet lives!

Lazy Bear fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 25, 2018

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The funny thing is in my first playthrough, I had a vague idea that the Yiga had a hideout you could find.

And they kept dropping bananas.

So I went and scoured the entire rainforest section where bananas grow top to bottom, befuddled about why the Yiga hideout was not there.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
My prancing food is gourmet cake.
Also gourmet cookies.
Heck, gourmet bread is great.

Really, I am a sucker for really tasty baking.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Oooooh, Banana!

But yeah, the Gerudo are easily my second race in this game after the Rito though the Gorons, Koroks, and Zora are great too.

I mentioned early on that this setting is really fitting for a tabletop rpg or an MMORPG since not only are at least five potentially playable races, seven if you add the Sheikah and Koroks, but each race has their own unique culture in the game so you could have a lot of fun with character creation.

You don't even need to have a serious campaign either, this LP shows that a completely goofy and idiotic campaign like what I've seen some goons do in streams would work just as well.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 25, 2018

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

My prancing food is salmon sashimi. Or just, like, sushi in general. Stuff is tasty.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

That Yiga boss looks more fun to fight than any of the divine beast bosses.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

That Yiga boss looks more fun to fight than any of the divine beast bosses.

He's the only one that plays out like a traditional Zelda boss. Like something you'd face at the end of the dungeon that gets you the bow, mostly concerned around turning his attacks against him so you can whack him with your sword a few times and boom! Next phase.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
All I have to say about the Yiga hideout is

And Yami, I would give Kohga a pass on the Sheikah slate, considering he is technically a Sheikah.

Also: Pork roll.

Kidding. Actually I'm with Lazy Bear on the sushi, though I prefer nigiri to sashimi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Prancing food: Food :v:

• Locked thread