Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

exquisite tea posted:

Wizard is #1 class of all time but Impale is the most fun set D3 has ever produced, so you can't go wrong with either one. Just make sure you roll FEMALE Wiz as this is critical to your success.

Impale looks pretty easy to gear for, tho im sure HPS can be a bitch if the rng dont love ya. DH it is as after a quick look i aint played with build before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would always opt towards playing a new class over rebirthing because it really helps you develop a better game sense and teaches you new things about the game.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

Bust Rodd posted:

I would always opt towards playing a new class over rebirthing because it really helps you develop a better game sense and teaches you new things about the game.

I can't even keep to one class during a season, let alone playing the same one season to season. A new class, new sets/specs/items, is the most fun part of the game for me.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Got the Cr goodies whats the best slot to gamble for on a new DH?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

deano posted:

Got the Cr goodies whats the best slot to gamble for on a new DH?

You can't use it in season if you got the cache already. But if you didn't, then belt once season starts. Stupid D3Planner Kadala site is down, but I believe the grenade belt is what you're looking for. I forgot the name. Hellcat Waistguard.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 24, 2018

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mustached Demon posted:

Don't try to min max who you main. Just let fate decide.

Reposting in case y'all need help deciding.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

DrSeRRoD posted:

You can't use it in season if you got the cache already. But if you didn't, then belt once season starts. Stupid D3Planner Kadala site is down, but I believe the grenade belt is what you're looking for. I forgot the name. Hellcat Waistguard.

euro so its already started over here and just got that exact belt :)

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Logging into the LLJK community at the start of the season is like the first day of school after summer break and you see all your friends in class

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The First RIP of the season is like when you see a friend died on social media, except your dead friend is the one telling you what stupid thing they did to die.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

So I’ve run into a bit of a major pain in the rear end on Torment 3 with my solo Crusader build on the PS4. I just cannot seem to kill Treasure Goblins fast enough with the new community “buff” that has them spawn in pairs. I can usually focus down one but the other escapes off-screen before I can get to it and it’s getting frustrating for me. (My current Crusader build is geared towards stuns and immobilizations, as well as Heaven’s Fury for its versatility)

Could anyone lend some advice/post some builds spec’d towards one-shotting these bastards, especially the Gelatinous Spawners?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

HereticMIND posted:

So I’ve run into a bit of a major pain in the rear end on Torment 3 with my solo Crusader build on the PS4. I just cannot seem to kill Treasure Goblins fast enough with the new community “buff” that has them spawn in pairs. I can usually focus down one but the other escapes off-screen before I can get to it and it’s getting frustrating for me. (My current Crusader build is geared towards stuns and immobilizations, as well as Heaven’s Fury for its versatility)

Could anyone lend some advice/post some builds spec’d towards one-shotting these bastards, especially the Gelatinous Spawners?

Start a seasonal character, get your free green set, and laugh at how easy Torment 10 is

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Seriously though, Diablo 3 is pretty rigid in what's a good build and what's not. If you're saying you whipped up a build and it doesn't use the 6 piece bonus of a green set, the only real advice I can give you is to lower the difficulty...

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Cidrick posted:

What's the easiest way to get to 70 on a fresh season? Previously I had a friend powerlevel me to 70 in about 20 minutes but I'm assuming it will be a few days before people will be able to PL that quickly.

Here's a more detailed guide on some common strategies:
https://d3sanctuary.com/leveling-1-70-methods-explained/

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Huh. Duski's speedfarming build for the monk uses Pinto's as the cubed bracers. And you can gamble for those at level 1. Hmm.

Anyone want to run the challenge in about two and a half hours?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh man, the level 70 weapon reroll trick is a hilariously powerful game changer. At level 45 I was able to smash through a torment rift and come out of it at 57.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Until recently it wasn't possible as upgrading your blacksmith to craft level 70 gear required DBs that you couldn't obtain before CRs became a thing.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Yeah, challenge rift rewards completely break open the first day of the season. I started with three great uniques for my monk and was halfway through the second chapter of the seasons journey before hitting 70. The real game is incremental gear improvement and paragon grinding in the endgame though.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I got a nice powerlevel from a goon (thanks Umberger) and didn't mess around with the weapon crafting but the CR loot let me get some key low level gambles in for that instant power spike at 70.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Umberger is the man

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!

Why game? Why couldn't you have rolled with +discipline, or vitality/multishot instead of that socket? It's the best DML I've ever gotten, but it was SO CLOSE to being perfect. :(

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

A socket honestly isn't the worst thing in the world for that DML. Just make sure you reroll the secondary for Discipline.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

best follower for a Vyr wiz?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Scoundrel is useless at anything above TX, Enchantress provides useful CC at all leveled, Templar is better for Resource-intensive builds

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I noticed there's a glitch in D3Planner where it shows Sweeping Winds stacks as 10 or 11 instead of the 9 or 10 in game.

What's up with that?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Templar's best because his VA.

Also do not betray him.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
*kills the Angel of Death, sparing the lives and souls of every human on Sanctuary*

*a ruby and a helmet and plans for some bracelets fall down*

OUR JUST REWARD

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
When Lyndon yells “That’s how we do it in Kingsport!” I flip the gently caress out every time it’s so hype

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
He will also hit on you relentlessly if your character is a woman. Lyndon is the best scumbag.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I like Lyndon because it's refreshing to finally see my own orientation represented in a video game (lootsexual).

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Can anyone explain to me how good Blood Brother (cube or equipped) is for Invoker? Right now I am using a 1.4speed ancient one hander and got Swiftmount cubed.
As I see it Blood Brother would simply increase my toughness?

Overall this spec is fun but the way the 6set bonus works makes it kinda boring. Most abilities or items that benefit from thorns (Hacksaw, Bombardment on the bar, pony with thorns rune) are pretty drat useless because they don't get the massive 6 set bonus.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

The public game joining bug or whatever that seems to be happening is really putting a damper on doing split bounties. How can they not change anything yet still gently caress things up? :allears:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Yea, I didn't know about the bug yesterday and spent a while joining/leaving games across T10-13 looking for a full bounty group until I foudn out about the bug. I did a few 2-man bounty runs, got my 40 items cubed, don't plan on it again outside 3-4 people from LLJK doing a run.

E: Also, FYI, the Journey is bugged in that it doesn't seem to count every conquest. The Curses one doesn't show up for me, so I can't finish the last chapter, but this has happened before so we just have to wait for it to be fixed (or try doing a 4th conquest I guess).

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 26, 2018

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

Field Mousepad posted:

Umberger is the man

This. Thank you Umberger!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tahirovic posted:

Can anyone explain to me how good Blood Brother (cube or equipped) is for Invoker? Right now I am using a 1.4speed ancient one hander and got Swiftmount cubed.
As I see it Blood Brother would simply increase my toughness?

Overall this spec is fun but the way the 6set bonus works makes it kinda boring. Most abilities or items that benefit from thorns (Hacksaw, Bombardment on the bar, pony with thorns rune) are pretty drat useless because they don't get the massive 6 set bonus.

Blood Brother will increase your toughness and contribute to your Thorns damage, it's better for your cube than swiftmount if you want to push GRs instead of speedfarming.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's also absolutely critical to have this playing in the background while you are rifting as Thornsader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmAtwvZYTe8

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
What are some of the tankier wizard builds? I've basically gotten all items (minus unity) for this firebird meteor wizard but am incredibly squishy in T13, though my damage output is just fine for it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Anything in T13 is solved by goldwrap/boon/avarice band for pretty much all classes if you don't have toughness. Doesn't work out for GR's, obviously.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

It's also a great speed and gold boost, so triple whammy.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I regret rolling wizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

totalnewbie posted:

What are some of the tankier wizard builds? I've basically gotten all items (minus unity) for this firebird meteor wizard but am incredibly squishy in T13, though my damage output is just fine for it.

DMOrb is extremely tanky as is anything Archon, where your toughness often goes into the billions.