Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean celica reuses marth's moveset and isnt even in the main story mode she doesnt exactly get prominently featured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Well we've been playing the history mode maps so when we did the one she does feature in I asked what he thought about her. I don't think he cares about her being in the game.

Though her having Marth's moveset doesn't mean much when almost everyone in the game shares their moveset with someone else. Its pretty lame coming from Hyrule Warriors where everyone had unique moves and most characters even had multiple weapons.

VVV That is a very good Echoes

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Feb 25, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

was about to post about how good metroid prime 2 is until I realized yall didn't mean that echoes

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFHHGETsxkE

Papers, please shot film is out today, it is great.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fire emblem warriors is a very bad game

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Looking at prebuilt rigs for a system running a 1080ti is there really a big difference between an i5 8400 and a stock i7 8700? Going for the 8700 would be around $250 more but I’m not sure if that would really be worth it.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Endorph posted:

fire emblem warriors is a very bad game

Nah, it's fine.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Nah, it's fine.
its fine mechanically but everything besides the base mechanics is very bad and theres a bunch of warriors games with fine mechanics that dont also only have 9 movesets or charge you money for clones

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Samuringa posted:

Did you know that if you beat a boss without taking a single hit you get a unique item with special abilities for each one?

Yeah, I remembered that from watching it during a GDQ some time ago. I got all the boss items except for the one you get from the boxer and archer team. Just failed too many times and decided to barrel through rather than stop progressing.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Endorph posted:

its fine mechanically but everything besides the base mechanics is very bad and theres a bunch of warriors games with fine mechanics that dont also only have 9 movesets or charge you money for clones

I see you're very pleased with dw9 then

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZCN2T1XDt8

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 25, 2018

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The 3 or 4 days I played the FE mobile game was making me want to try out the older ones because it was only giving me heroes from games I hadn't played and some of them seemed cool like Draug (Who I remembered from Tokyo Mirage Sessions)/Gwendolyn/I think there was there a Mathilda? Leon? idk I already uninstalled it

I haven't played any pre-GBA FE

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I see you're very pleased with dw9 then
dw9's base mechanics arent fine. everything in dw9 is very bad including the mechanics. it is a worse game than fire emblem warriors.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What are your favorite base mechanics? Here are a few of mine:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
fire emblem warriors is a good game

not a great game but it is better than hyrule warriors imo, don't @ me if youre going to complain about ike or whatever, double don't @ me if youre going to rant about the 3ds games

Raserys fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Feb 25, 2018

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
the moveset clones are legitimate criticism, I personally don't mind (the non dlc ones) but I get it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raserys posted:

fire emblem warriors is a good game

not a great game but it is better than hyrule warriors imo, don't @ me if youre going to complain about ike or whatever, double don't @ me if youre going to rant about the 3ds games
can i complain about the fact that their choices from just the 3ds games were boring

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
yeah sure

I'm not even defending that they drew characters just from the 3ds games and shadow dragon, I'm just very very tired of 3ds fire emblem discourse

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raserys posted:

yeah sure

I'm not even defending that they drew characters just from the 3ds games and shadow dragon, I'm just very very tired of 3ds fire emblem discourse

putting in all the fates royals was very boring especially when a lot of fates characters are more popular then the royals.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

All I wanted from Fire Emblem was a crossover with SMT that captured the best aspects of both series

and instead we got pop idol nonsense :sigh:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

All I wanted from Fire Emblem was a crossover with SMT that captured the best aspects of both series

That pop idol nonsense made for a great game though

Andrast fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 25, 2018

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

That owned, actually

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

BUSTAAH WOLF!!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Australia is a long way from Paris.

Closer than you think!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

That game was better than any recent Fire Emblem. Pop idol nonsense is fun

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I didn't even play TMS but it looked very charming and I rather play it then any Fire Emblem I've played. And the more recent SMT games I've played too

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It would be good if they could make a game with the character variety of Hyrule Warriors with the more strategic elements of Fire Emblem Warriors, but at this point I'm not holding out much hope.

Also weapon and item systems that aren't annoying to work with.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's the best Fire Emblem game, best SMT game and best WiiU exclusive game

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The best Musou is still Pirate Warriors 3 imo.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Sorry, Mario 3D World is still a Wii U exclusive and I'm also gonna say Mario Maker is because gently caress the 3DS version.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it was tropical freeze but now it's probably 3d world or wonderful 101

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Wii U had better exclusives during its lifespan than the bone or the PS4, and is therefore the superior console.

Endorph posted:

dw9's base mechanics arent fine. everything in dw9 is very bad including the mechanics. it is a worse game than fire emblem warriors.

This is such a bummer. I loved DW8 so I was really looking forward to 9 but it looks like half of what I enjoy about the series has been stripped out. But hey now you can shoot a tiger in the head ten times while it stands there.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Sakurazuka posted:

But unironically.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm never ironic

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

To clarify

I'm glad the FE/SMT Idol Nonsense Game was good. I'm glad people who are into that stuff are happy.

I'm personally sour about it because the things I love most about FE is the medieval magic dragon weirdness and the things I love most about SMT are the post-apocalyptic setting and philosophical questions, and combining those two would've been cool, like SMTIV but done better.

Also they already did a crossover in this vein with the Majin Tensei series and like.

What could've been was so cool and interesting and instead I got... not that. At all.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kanfy posted:

Yeah, the voice acting definitely made that character. Cunningham's great in a very different way, but having him in the narration role for a second time in a row on an entirely different character felt a bit weird. Not that I'd have any problem listening to him narrate every game ever if it came down to it.

Royce's acting is so weird, it's like he's always talking to you over the phone rather than from across the room. That's not a bad thing, mind.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just wrapped up Golf Story, lookin for a new Switch game, what's good these days

Also is the Yume Nikki remake any good? Reviews are mixed

Also is the Secret of Mana remake any good? Reviews are mixed

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think it was StrixNebulosa that was on an X-Com binge, right?

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/966847584772993024

This might be worthy of putting on your radar.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Just looking at that image, yawn, call me when there's an XCOMlike as out there as Mario + Rabbids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

loquacius posted:

Also is the Secret of Mana remake any good? Reviews are mixed

It's a fairly faithful remake gameplay wise with some minor improvements and worse (or at least less charming) graphics and a pretty bad but fortunately optional remixed soundtrack. Apparently the pc version is pretty buggy but I haven't had many problems on PS4.
If you're a fan of the original the graphics and wether you hate the new companion AI are the biggest deal breakers.

• Locked thread