Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

vyelkin posted:

also idk how the app works but is it possible to do the google translate thing where you keep switching it back and forth and watch it get weirder like a game of telephone?

yeah but without paying for it you'd have to save and crop each time which is way too much effort for me to be bothered

who am i kidding i have all the time in the world to kill rn

here's sam allardyce

and back into a man

and here's the arsenal squad
https://imgur.com/a/ZqJiC

Bogan Krkic fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

James Collins ahahaha

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bogan Krkic posted:

Ramsey wins. Wenger looks a bit like Theresa May, which would explain his troubles in Europe.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Xhaka is decent imo

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

jfc he's Theresa May

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So, I had an idea that could solve all our problems.

Obviously, we have an issue with CB where Bailly is the only one who should ever play for us again. So, we can partner him with De Gea, with Shaw and Valencia as fullbacks. Whenever we come into danger De Gea can run back into goal, but otherwise sits as a CB. We know Dave has good enough reactions that this isn't an issue.

This solves our midfield problem, where Pogba can play in a 3 with Matic and Blind. This gives us great passing range and Pogba can do whatever he wants with the ball as if there's noone else on the pitch, like Ronaldinho in those Nike adverts. This also solves our problem of attack, where we have three players (Sanchez, Rashford, Martial) who want to play LW. With four players up front, we can play three left wingers. Sanchez, Rashford and Martial can all start on the left, with Lukaku as the man up top stretching defences and drifting out right so he can be our Belgian Robben.

I know Mourinho's too stubborn to implement this amazing idea so we probably won't see it, maybe a forward thinking manager like Tuchel or Sarri would try this out.

What do you guys think?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

TheBigAristotle posted:

Obviously, we have an issue with CB where Bailly is the only one who should ever play for us again. So, we can partner him with De Gea, with Shaw and Valencia as fullbacks. Whenever we come into danger De Gea can run back into goal, but otherwise sits as a CB. We know Dave has good enough reactions that this isn't an issue.

This solves our midfield problem, where Pogba can play in a 3 with Matic and Blind. This gives us great passing range and Pogba can do whatever he wants with the ball as if there's noone else on the pitch, like Ronaldinho in those Nike adverts. This also solves our problem of attack, where we have three players (Sanchez, Rashford, Martial) who want to play LW. With four players up front, we can play three left wingers. Sanchez, Rashford and Martial can all start on the left, with Lukaku as the man up top stretching defences and drifting out right so he can be our Belgian Robben.

I know Mourinho's too stubborn to implement this amazing idea so we probably won't see it, maybe a forward thinking manager like Tuchel or Sarri would try this out.

What do you guys think?

The best new ideas are scorned until someone shows that it works. I think United should do this.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Brony Car posted:

The best new ideas are scorned until someone shows that it works. I think United should do this.

I hope Sarri starts this with Reina tomorrow

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TheBigAristotle posted:

What do you guys think?

gently caress me that can't be a real post from an adult human who's seen a football match before

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That’s obviously satire

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/02/opinion/fifa-women-iran-infantino.html

quote:

Why Is FIFA Condoning Gender Apartheid?

Over the past few months, the world has once again been reminded of the gender apartheid long practiced in Iran — and of the bravery of Iranian women languishing under it. Late last year protesters began removing their compulsory hijabs in public and waving them in defiant protest. At least 29 women have been jailed for seeking the freedom to show their hair. Some have been beaten. All that in a country in which husbands have a legal right to bar their wives from working and in which a woman’s testimony in court is worth half that of a man’s.

So why is Gianni Infantino, the president of FIFA, the world soccer federation, doing his part to condone the Islamic Republic’s misogyny?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Am I being dumb? I don't get why that's here

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Am I being dumb? I don't get why that's here

You've just inadvertently created the greatest ninpobeatshiswife.txt post ever.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Really? Seems calling out something highly misogynistic is exactly the opposite of your crazy stalker fantasy.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
What the gently caress are you doing NBC sports by posting the score on the front page of your app when I'm on my way to watch the game?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
God, I miss the Jozy thread

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/ClinicalFirmino/status/971762963467112449?s=08

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He’s right

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RealSaltLake/status/971939882175049729

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

my buddy kyle....

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

my buddy kyle....
Instead of Weedlord Midfieldhitler he's now "Substitute teacher most likely to be caught having sex with one of his 15-year-old students".

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
How I became a Tottenham fan, a new soccer fan's story in 2018.

So I picked up this year's FIFA after having not played for almost 20 years. My first experience with FIFA was back in '98 and I have no soccer knowledge beyond that. I chose Arsenal in '98 because they were literally the first team on the list (lol?), but my friend who let me borrow the game also recommended them. After my first night in career mode, I was hooked. I thought Anelka was soccer's Michael Jordan, and I fell in love with how beastly Bergkamp was. Sadly though, I would have to return the game to my friend eventually, and my short relationship with soccer ended.

Flashforward to 2018 and NBA2K18 is so horrible that I bought FIFA instead. I chose Toronto FC as my first team to get familiar with the MLS, but this quickly let me down since I wanted to compete in the European competitions. I needed a new team, but had no clue where to start.

I wanted a couple of things with my new team:

Participating in the highest European competitions
Young with potential yet unproven
Premier League + La Liga preferred
I did some research for some young teams but I noticed one of the cover stars for FIFA'18 was Dele Alli. I didn't know who he was, but I figured if FIFA is featuring him, then maybe his team might be interesting. I quickly noticed on his team wereHarry Kane, and Christian Eriksen, two standout players I remember from my experience with playing my Toronto FC career mode. I knew I had found my side for a number of reasons

Two world class players to lead the team
Dele Alli, I know he's mostly unpopular for diving, but the EA marketing machine worked on a casual fan like me
Heung-min Son, I'm asian and having him as a fan-favorite sold me for sure
The name Spurs, if you're an NBA fan, you know the Spurs have been a top-class franchise for two decades
Lastly but most importantly, their stigma with not having won anything. I've only been on this sub only a month but 'It's Tottenham, lads' is everywhere. This actually made me root for them even more
I was pretty devastated by their loss in the Champions League, but it really showed me that I've become really invested into this team. I love following this team, and it's turned into a new love following world soccer. Thanks for reading if you've gotten this far. If you guys have any stories like this I would love to hear more about how you guys found your teams.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

blue footed boobie posted:

How I became a Tottenham fan, a new soccer fan's story in 2018.

So I picked up this year's FIFA after having not played for almost 20 years. My first experience with FIFA was back in '98 and I have no soccer knowledge beyond that. I chose Arsenal in '98 because they were literally the first team on the list (lol?), but my friend who let me borrow the game also recommended them. After my first night in career mode, I was hooked. I thought Anelka was soccer's Michael Jordan, and I fell in love with how beastly Bergkamp was. Sadly though, I would have to return the game to my friend eventually, and my short relationship with soccer ended.

Flashforward to 2018 and NBA2K18 is so horrible that I bought FIFA instead. I chose Toronto FC as my first team to get familiar with the MLS, but this quickly let me down since I wanted to compete in the European competitions. I needed a new team, but had no clue where to start.

I wanted a couple of things with my new team:

Participating in the highest European competitions
Young with potential yet unproven
Premier League + La Liga preferred
I did some research for some young teams but I noticed one of the cover stars for FIFA'18 was Dele Alli. I didn't know who he was, but I figured if FIFA is featuring him, then maybe his team might be interesting. I quickly noticed on his team wereHarry Kane, and Christian Eriksen, two standout players I remember from my experience with playing my Toronto FC career mode. I knew I had found my side for a number of reasons

Two world class players to lead the team
Dele Alli, I know he's mostly unpopular for diving, but the EA marketing machine worked on a casual fan like me
Heung-min Son, I'm asian and having him as a fan-favorite sold me for sure
The name Spurs, if you're an NBA fan, you know the Spurs have been a top-class franchise for two decades
Lastly but most importantly, their stigma with not having won anything. I've only been on this sub only a month but 'It's Tottenham, lads' is everywhere. This actually made me root for them even more
I was pretty devastated by their loss in the Champions League, but it really showed me that I've become really invested into this team. I love following this team, and it's turned into a new love following world soccer. Thanks for reading if you've gotten this far. If you guys have any stories like this I would love to hear more about how you guys found your teams.

lol came here to post this

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It really hosed me up when I learned how many Americans got into football solely through FIFA

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Tbf you couldn’t really watch overseas football stateside until the mid 2000s and then it was a fuckoff expensive fox soccer package online

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

The Kimoa Kid posted:

It really hosed me up when I learned how many Americans got into football solely through FIFA

I'm betting lots of people got into Man Utd worldwide when Beckham was dating a Spice Girl, at least that's how I remember it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Tbf you couldn’t really watch overseas football stateside until the mid 2000s and then it was a fuckoff expensive fox soccer package online

It was either grainy Serie A on RAI or whatever the basic cable Italian channel my cable company carried or Champions League on ESPN2 when I was a kid.

I remember watching a lot of Ajax matches in the mid-90s.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Pfffffft, if my poor family could afford the FSW cable package, anybody could.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc5qmQqA4jU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

lol at tucking the jersey into his pants

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Happy international break y'all! I designed Spurs as an American football team. Hope this helps some of those international break blues.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This is so loving stupid.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/IAmSuperior2U/status/975783005137420289

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is purestrain weekend web thread poo poo right here :discourse:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
that's quite the Twitter account, shame it isn't real
https://twitter.com/IAmSuperior2U/status/976036330881855488

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

that's quite the Twitter account, shame it isn't real
https://twitter.com/IAmSuperior2U/status/976036330881855488

De Gay

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/realsophiarobot/status/978720606077173760

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
https://youtu.be/ibYTJwOZxmM