Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Guy Goodbody posted:

Fun fact, white bread was originally invented as a health food. With white bread you could be sure that unscrupulous bakers weren't stretching their flour by adding sawdust, and it was easier to spot impurities like dead bugs or mouse droppings that might've been baked into the bread.

It used to be that it was also more expensive and considered a rich person food.

Turns out that whole wheat bread is actually better for you and the rich were eating garbage. Plus...

Solice Kirsk posted:

And now it's packed with high fructose corn syrup and basically tastes like eating a cupcake with chicken salad on it. I can't eat cheap white bread anymore. One of my old roommates always bought this whole grain bread from the bakery a few blocks away and now that I'm used to that trying to go back is gross.

American white bread is basically cake at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Samuringa posted:

This is veering into Guy Goodbody's territory, but I thought it was legitimately humorous, regardless of the forums' animosity with eastern comics

Togashi Toshiro commentary on the Yu Yu Hakusho artbook

(Up to Down, Right to Left)

Hmm yes I see

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I believe it was less about that and more "The only grain you are allowed to use is barley because we don't want wheat or rye to be diverted from bakers so the price of bread doesn't go up."
Closer and the ostensible reason it went on the books. But north Germany never really had a wheat problem like the south so it's also recognized as a trade protection demanded by Bavaria because they realized their wheatless piss beer had no chance to compete with the beers of the north unless it was tariffed or banned.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It used to be that it was also more expensive and considered a rich person food.

Turns out that whole wheat bread is actually better for you and the rich were eating garbage. Plus...

I dunno, I still think white bread is better than sawdust bread with rat poo poo in it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Guy Goodbody posted:

I dunno, I still think white bread is better than sawdust bread with rat poo poo in it.

Hey man the inexplicable brown crunch bits add flavor.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Anime is dummmmbbb

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scratch Monkey posted:

Anime is dummmmbbb

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Don't sign your posts with images

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Guy Goodbody posted:

Whoa, check out Mister "I'm too good for warehouse detritus in my food" over here.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Samuringa posted:

This is veering into Guy Goodbody's territory, but I thought it was legitimately humorous, regardless of the forums' animosity with eastern comics

Togashi Toshiro commentary on the Yu Yu Hakusho artbook

(Up to Down, Right to Left

This is insanely beyond Guy Goodbody territory keep it in the containment forum ya weeb

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Whoa, check out Mister "I'm too good for warehouse detritus in my food" over here.

I heard a story, and forgive me some of these details may be wrong, but when President Lincoln read Neville Sinclair's book The Jungle he was so disgusted he dismantled the Chicago Cubs and made them the new Department of Meat Inspection.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

This is insanely beyond Guy Goodbody territory keep it in the containment forum ya weeb

owl_pellet posted:

Hmm yes I see

Who What Now posted:

Which parts are the funny ones, the few I read are outrageously boring.

I thought an artist getting increasingly frustrated with his projects and lazing it out or messing it up intentionally to the point of not even giving a gently caress anymore was funny, my bad. :blush:

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Maybe it should be a thread rule that everybody needs to explain why the things they post are funny.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Maybe it should be a thread rule that everybody needs to explain why the things they post are funny.

It's funny because the carrot looks like a penis.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Boy howdy do I have the thread for you
(vegetable dick thread)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's funny because the carrot looks like a penis.

It's funny because it's the president

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/vXqI466.gifv

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's funny because Harrison Ford has a bad sunburn and is all hunched over and using a two by four for support.

edit:

Now it's funny because I quickly photoshopped him to look like a hunched over monk with a big stupid staff.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 17:44 on Feb 25, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I messed up, I'll make up for it, I don't think these need any kind of explanation

https://i.imgur.com/MZD8xMe.gifv

(this is a .gif)

https://i.imgur.com/kemXK3a.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/QmbcG4t.gifv

Samuringa has a new favorite as of 17:52 on Feb 25, 2018

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Samuringa posted:

I thought an artist getting increasingly frustrated with his projects and lazing it out or messing it up intentionally to the point of not even giving a gently caress anymore was funny, my bad. :blush:

I thought it was interesting, at least! It would have fit right into the Interesting Pictures thread Guy should have made by now.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

What happens next?!

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Samuringa posted:

I messed up, I'll make up for it, I don't think these need any kind of explanation

I always thought the extreme goon aversion to anime was silly but this post made me feel like I need a shower and it contained hardly any actual anime.

e: it's like if you tried to draw a rough outline of the weird parts of anime with depressingly unfunny 4chan posts and random comic strips, like some kind of impressionist collage of the bad kind of anime fan's mind.

il_cornuto has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Feb 25, 2018

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

il_cornuto posted:

e: it's like if you tried to draw a rough outline of the weird parts of anime with depressingly unfunny 4chan posts and random comic strips, like some kind of impressionist collage of the bad kind of anime fan's mind.

Yeah that was some out-of-my-comfort-zone avant-garde poo poo right there. It’s right up there with piss Christ and that guy who sculpted a statue of himself out of human feces

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

What happens next?!

He fixes the cable

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Does anyone have those comics of Batman facing different villains, and there's one like the Riddler tries to make Batman solve a riddle, but Batman just slaps him instead? There was also one where he climbs up on someone's chest and just glowers them into submission.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/danblackroyd/status/967227188276678656

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/ActionAlan/status/967435542580334592

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bobby Digital posted:

He fixes the cable

Don't be fatuous, Bobby

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

PYF Funny Pictures 2.0: Tiddlywinks of cum

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

You know this picture originated here.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Boinks posted:

You know this picture originated here.

Yes. It's from a goon's dad (if I remember correctly). Think he was Ford's roommate or something. It is a funny picture for the reason mentioned still.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yes. It's from a goon's dad (if I remember correctly). Think he was Ford's roommate or something. It is a funny picture for the reason mentioned still.

I think Harrison was demonstrating how some sort of hosed-up quadruped would walk, or something. It was incredibly weird.

EDIT: content

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I thought he was drunk.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Picnic Princess posted:

I thought he was drunk.

No, the driver just really hated his kids.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Picnic Princess posted:

I thought he was drunk.

He's not an alcoholic he's a raging pot head

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I thought the story was the goon was friends with Ford's son, who shared the photo for laffs. Like, Ford had such a bad sunburn (from falling asleep outside maybe?) that he couldn't stand up straight because it hurt his skin. Also iirc, Ford was high at the beginning, middle, and end of this story.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

I thought the story was the goon was friends with Ford's son, who shared the photo for laffs. Like, Ford had such a bad sunburn (from falling asleep outside maybe?) that he couldn't stand up straight because it hurt his skin. Also iirc, Ford was high at the beginning, middle, and end of this story.

Yeah, that's the one I remember now too. Couldn't remember the exact source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Australian politics is very serious business.