Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Push El Burrito posted:

Astralis needs a fat guy if they ever want to become leaders again.

Zonic!

e: mooouuussseeeesportssss

mcvey fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
its pretty unbelievable how much of a failure this g2 lineup has been given how much they must be paying in salaries

how do they even fix it? is it possible? replacing body wouldn't be enough. is kennys bad now?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
azk he is the northern american player but titan he is the french stars

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Mapcore winners announced: https://www.mapcore.org/topic/21525-grand-prize-winners-declared/

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Astralis :sigh: I still believe in you fellas.

I am kinda happy to see a resurgence of Navi, and s1mple playing on a great team :unsmith:

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

yolandi posted:

great team

:raise:

They could be no doubt, but I feel like they're still to "click" properly in a way.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

I can see what you mean but its a really strong lineup, zeus a major winning igl, s1mple, edward & flamie can all play super well and electronic is new but can also hold his own. Relative to his past teams, including navi without zeus, it's his best yet I'd say. It's still a new lineup but hopefully they can pull it together, navi as a team hasn't looked this strong for ages.

A lot of teams seem to have problems with inconsistency. Like Astralis, Cloud9, G2, Liquid etc. When everyone turns up they are super strong but if 1-2 aren't feeling it they're boned unless someone puts in a super-star performance, which never lasts.

Navi just destroyed Astralis on train, and it wasn't just because s1mple was going off, there was a strong showing from all of them.

That's why faze is so strong, all of them can carry if someone isn't showing up, except maybe karrigan though he can be good at clutching. Mousesports are looking pretty serious. SK seems most consistent over the longer term, and boltz seems to be working for them. The rest its always a coin-flip.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
I'm glad to see simple back in the kind of form where he might just win a major 1v5 too

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

esports players on 'tv' are so cute

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Na’Vi look like the better team today. What a game.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I gotta say I love the way things are right now. Any team can suddenly show up and win. It's not like "oh, hey, another fnatic victory."

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://streamable.com/q989m

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
What guns should I be familiar with? Can I just get used to the range and spray patterns of the ak-47, the m4a4, the tec-9 and CT equivalent, and one SMG (which one?) and be done?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Obviously the more things you are familiar with using the better, but the AK and M4 most definitely, FAMAS, maybe Galil, less so the Tec9 and Five Seven now that they're bad, use the CZ -75 instead. UMP45 for the SMG, and P250/Desert Eagle/starter pistols.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
Cool, I'll check those out. Thank you!

Also, I've only been playing Dust II so far. Are there any maps I really should be familiar with?

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I found the majority of my games (in casual) are Mirage, Inferno, maybe Cache on one group, in the other its Overpass, Nuke, Cobblestone.

AdmiralNeltharion
Feb 23, 2018

oliveoil posted:

Cool, I'll check those out. Thank you!

Also, I've only been playing Dust II so far. Are there any maps I really should be familiar with?

Mirage, Office, Inferno, Nuke are very popular maps in both competitive and casual play.

And AK is actually quite hard to use effectively, I'd say Gali would be a better weapon to get acquainted with

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

:shepface:

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

stump collector
May 28, 2007

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
The best weapon to learn is the P90.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

AdmiralNeltharion posted:

And AK is actually quite hard to use effectively, I'd say Gali would be a better weapon to get acquainted with

Heh.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
SG is king of guns because it has that one hit headshot, easy spray to learn, and people get mad about you using a COD gun.

Edit: s1mple is terrifying.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 25, 2018

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

https://clips.twitch.tv/AnimatedSpeedyCheddarWoofer

the legendary Zeus

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

oliveoil posted:

What guns should I be familiar with? Can I just get used to the range and spray patterns of the ak-47, the m4a4, the tec-9 and CT equivalent, and one SMG (which one?) and be done?

You should download this recoil map and this aim botz map and learn how to use the AK, M4s, glock, USP-S/P2000, CZ, and UMP45.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Zeus gets owned montage.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Mousesports won something!

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmokyTastyPeafowlPeoplesChamp

Watch oskar, dude got ripped

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

If I pick the seven tournament maps I end up on mirage like 50% of the time, and almost never see train or cbble.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

ilmucche posted:

If I pick the seven tournament maps I end up on mirage like 50% of the time, and almost never see train or cbble.

I always remove maps ive just played, and only have mirage on when i really want to play it.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

ilmucche posted:

If I pick the seven tournament maps I end up on mirage like 50% of the time

#blessed

Mirage is the best map and it's not even close

now watch them remove it for new dd2

surc
Aug 17, 2004

oliveoil posted:

A TURGID FATSO posted:

You should download this recoil map and this aim botz map and learn how to use the AK, M4s, glock, USP-S/P2000, CZ, and UMP45.

This is the actual good advice, advice outside of these guns is people trolling. Priority goes AK > M4 > USP/P2k > Glock > CZ > UMP, in my opinion. Use the recoil map for practicing spray, use the aimbotz map for practicing one-tapping people in the head as quickly and smoothly as possible.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

lmao

i love oskar

surc posted:

This is the actual good advice, advice outside of these guns is people trolling. Priority goes AK > M4 > USP/P2k > Glock > CZ > UMP, in my opinion. Use the recoil map for practicing spray, use the aimbotz map for practicing one-tapping people in the head as quickly and smoothly as possible.

i think the guy recommending the galil is pretty new

weirdly enough I also preferred the galil and aug to ak and m4 in my first ~50 hours of CSS

stump collector fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 26, 2018

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
the only weapon a man needs is a desert eagle

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jeza posted:

the only weapon a man needs is a desert eagle

8 kills at the end of the half, 16k in the bank.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I know it's not recoil patterns but, I think the AWP deserves some respect and attention. Taking 20-30 min and watching some good tutorials on how to actually AWP can improve your game. Especially after you start learning the corners on the maps and which ones you can out right hold.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

I'm not a fan. With the lovely payoff for a kill might as well buy a famas/galil for a guy or two if you need that firepower and have everyone else farm cash with the mp9/mac 10.

Also scout + deag is the god combo.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Kehveli posted:

I'm not a fan. With the lovely payoff for a kill

Are you thinking of the P90? The UMP gets the improved SMG kill reward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

poo poo that's correct. Still feels like with the nerfs a while back I'd rather have the mobility of the other smgs with a few beefier guns to back it up. The armor pen is a bit better on the ump sure, but you have to stop holding down w which offends me.

ed: obviously not all situations are created equal and the ump isn't hot garbage or anything.

Kehveli fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 26, 2018