Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

oh my loving god lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Normal people save up for medical procedures instead of posting about them for a week. Trump!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Squizzle posted:

you celebrate the works of michelangelo and yet dare to feign offense when i stride davidlike thru yr streets, hanging dong??

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

i attend tumor boards at my hospital every week where the entire discussion is centered around cancer diagnosis and treatment. every single week we have cases where we want to treat someone but they either don’t have insurance or have the wrong insurance so they get nothing. also, treatments routinely denied by insurance companies.

I’ll take a McGriddle with extra bacon thanks

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Der Meister posted:

i attend tumor boards at my hospital every week where the entire discussion is centered around cancer diagnosis and treatment. every single week we have cases where we want to treat someone but they either don’t have insurance or have the wrong insurance so they get nothing. also, treatments routinely denied by insurance companies.

I’ll take a McGriddle with extra bacon thanks

the bacon has cancer is that okay

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 31 minutes!
Hello. Is the nightmare still ongoing?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/danagould/status/967151340693602304

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Admiral Ray posted:

the bacon has cancer is that okay

yes because I have the correct little plastic card in my wallet I’m good

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nichael posted:

no, trump is president now. we've been free of the nightmare since january 20, 2017

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

*swirls glass of brandy*

would you say Rubens was a pervert? or a master of his craft? *swirls brandy some more and smirks*

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Someone has clearly never seen Invasion USA or Red Dawn. :smuggo:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Weeping Wound posted:

*swirls glass of brandy*

would you say Rubens was a pervert? or a master of his craft? *swirls brandy some more and smirks*

y not both

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

This kills the expanding-brain meme.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

the focus on the ar15 specifically seems pretty dumb. like bushmaster literally already changed the name of their rifle to "xm15" to get around the '94 assault weapons ban, do they think every gun manufacturer won't do exactly the same thing? or that people won't just take a lateral move to one of the other hundreds of functionally identical rifles?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my wife knows generally what’s going on but just now i condensed the whole Greitens thing in 20 seconds and she looked at me like I was crazy

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation

Joementum posted:

no, trump is president now. we've been free of the nightmare since january 20, 2017

Wunderbar! Wunderbar!

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I think the Pro AR-15 argument is "If you ban AR-15s you won't really affect gun violence rates either way"

Which is probably true, especially given how easy it is to weasel around ban attempts with technicalities.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Nichael posted:

https://twitter.com/YahooCanadaNews/status/570737512450293760

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation

:thunk:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why cant they make the ban on bullet velocity, rate of fire, capacity, etc instead of making it dumb poo poo like grips and product names

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ban all semi autos and handguns

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the focus on the ar15 specifically seems pretty dumb. like bushmaster literally already changed the name of their rifle to "xm15" to get around the '94 assault weapons ban, do they think every gun manufacturer won't do exactly the same thing? or that people won't just take a lateral move to one of the other hundreds of functionally identical rifles?

ban all guns and if a company wants to sell one they have to submit the specific make, model, and serial number for approval

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

This is something I could get behind.

https://twitter.com/MatthewPrince14/status/967894108193935360

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
Bigger Perv: Peter Paul Rubens vs Paul Reubens?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation
the second amendment should be nullified. if you want to play with guns, apparently video games exist now.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

this is such a great pic. makes me wanna cum.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

why cant they make the ban on bullet velocity, rate of fire, capacity, etc instead of making it dumb poo poo like grips and product names

that might actually accomplish something

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Nichael posted:

the second amendment should be nullified. if you want to play with guns, apparently video games exist now.

but my hobby is more important than hundreds of lives

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation
maybe this is :spergin: or goony but I don't even find guns to be fun. I've done target shooting, it's really boring. to me it seems like it's 90% a totem of hosed up masculinity. if people are insistent that they find target practice fun, maybe they can go to their local well regulated militia??? or just loving play splatoon or battlefield like a normal person.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

get a load

of that

trump!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Nichael posted:

Joementum posted:

:hai:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

GobiasIndustries posted:

that might actually accomplish something

I take the extremely cynical stance that Dems are all about stupid, cosmetic gun control victories because they want to look good but know they won't be able to do anything that actually accomplishes something.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

article si from 3y ago (donald trump is president)

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
https://twitter.com/TPM/status/967894998824955904

“please do not ask us about the crimes, thanks in advance”

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation
also, I legit don't get how people afford guns as a hobby. everything about them is really expensive. I'll feel kind of wasteful spending full price on a video game, but that $60 is nothing compared to what chuds are blowing on guns.

Nichael has issued a correction as of 00:00 on Feb 26, 2018

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

People for gun control use the AR acronym as shorthand to refer to all semi-auto weapons with extended clips which is a perfect opening for all 2nd amendment pedants to say, "well actually, my dick extender is not an AR and furthermore.............".

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation

marmot25 posted:

https://twitter.com/TPM/status/967894998824955904

“please do not ask us about the crimes, thanks in advance”

but why would donadl trmup lie?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011
Probation

radical meme posted:

People for gun control use the AR acronym as shorthand to refer to all semi-auto weapons with extended clips which is a perfect opening for all 2nd amendment pedants to say, "well actually, my dick extender is not an AR and furthermore.............".

i will make it simpler for everyone

get rid of all shooty shooty things, no one loving needs a death machine

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Nichael posted:

maybe this is :spergin: or goony but I don't even find guns to be fun. I've done target shooting, it's really boring. to me it seems like it's 90% a totem of hosed up masculinity. if people are insistent that they find target practice fun, maybe they can go to their local well regulated militia??? or just loving play splatoon or battlefield like a normal person.

that kind of yum-yucking is p goony, yeah

it's a skill, marksmanship. life sucks and imo it's fine if hitting a target well (or terribly) at 100y is what gets your blood pumping. but, at the same time, another thing that's fine? keeping everyone's blood pumping, and if one's method of keeping one's yum available to them is impinging others' ability to be stayin alive, well, that's not Okay. nor is it fine.

the balance to be struck must err heavily away from Guns Everywhere because you don't need easy access to guns nor omnipresent firearms to do some hot hobbying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yo this guy loving sucks as a leader. Obviously the focus should remain on guns but still there are plenty of ways to admit your department and you need to do better without this bullshit.

https://twitter.com/ErikaGloverNBC6/status/967811615419707394

• Locked thread