Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

T. Hawk v Blanka in Super IV was the worst matchup I’ve ever played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Blanka looks like he got the Vega treatment. Character who relies no pokes rendered poo poo because neutral buttons aren't allowed to be good in SFV

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

As much as I disliked playing against Blanka in SF4, I feel sorry for Blanka mains who still play SFV for some god drat reason.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I'm bracing for what horrible crimes they're going to commit bringing Sagat into this game, he's gonna be a giant man with stubby limbs and lovely fireballs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Low fireball is a single use VT

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Is it feasible to earn a character or two in a reasonable time frame from just playing the game nowadays? I'm thinking if picking up the PS4 arcade edition.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
So is it just me or can you no longer cross-up with Blanka's back-step roll?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Renoistic posted:

Is it feasible to earn a character or two in a reasonable time frame from just playing the game nowadays? I'm thinking if picking up the PS4 arcade edition.

If you dont earn them they'll be on sale in december based on past season discounts

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Renoistic posted:

To say fight money gain has been completely neutered would be a massive understatement, especially for a late adopter.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I mean you can level up all the characters by doing their stories, survival mode, and viewing their demonstrations and completing their trials, but I don’t know how much it would add up to.

Don’t count on missions or winnings to earn you nearly enough.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

man nurse posted:

I mean you can level up all the characters by doing their stories, survival mode, and viewing their demonstrations and completing their trials, but I don’t know how much it would add up to.

I quit playing around the time akuma came out and without playing through the ball busting singleplayer+ mode i had bought like 3 with just fight money.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

ROFL Octopus posted:

To say fight money gain has been completely neutered would be a massive understatement, especially for a late adopter.

Oh lol I thought it got easier not worse

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Intel&Sebastian posted:

All this

man nurse posted:

used to give you fight money in addition to the exp, plus missions had their rewards halved.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

You still get fight money for leveling up, so doing all that stuff with each character will still rack you up a bit, but again, I don't know if it adds up to a character or two.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It got much worse

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Dracula Factory posted:

I'm bracing for what horrible crimes they're going to commit bringing Sagat into this game, he's gonna be a giant man with stubby limbs and lovely fireballs.

His tiger shots will have akuma like range, and his low tiger shot will be a vskill that has only one speed.

No wait I thought of something even shittier.

His fireballs will have poo poo range, but if you use his Vskill; you get one proper fireball. No wait, he can only use tiger shots in Vtrigger mode, and it's a 3 bar Vtrigger, also the tiger shots take a heavy amount of vgage.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 25, 2018

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I can do you one better. He's reverted to Street Fighter 1, and tiger shots are all he has.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Going by how they’ve been approaching things recently, he’ll have all his classic moves. Shots, uppercuts, knees. His uppercut will be slow and lovely and completely vulnerable outside of v-trigger/spending meter. His v-skill definitely won’t be a new move, and will probably be knee or maybe angry scar.

His normals will be lovely and stubby despite his being a seven foot tall son of a bitch.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Actually, trends have Sagat being a broken shitlord in the first installment of any new SF series, so I doubt V will be any different. I expect 30F Fireballs, a V-trigger where he shoots 'em at both heights at the same time, and a stand MK what somehow generates a hitbox 2/3s of the way across the screen and is cancellable on whiff.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
NORMAL sagat: Emaciated SF2 look. Only mid level fireballs, tiger knee is lile Guild's knee bazooka, no Tiger Uppercut.

VTrig: Buffmode Sagat. Traditional Tiger Knee and Uppercut, 16 frames armor, 4 frames invul.

Vtrig2: Muy Thai Master Sagat. Stays lean but a car glows with an awesome power, 3 fireballs in rapid succession, knee travels 1/2 length of screen quickly. Uppercut similar to SSF2 Ken.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

FilthyImp posted:

NORMAL sagat: Emaciated SF2 look. Only mid level fireballs, tiger knee is lile Guild's knee bazooka, no Tiger Uppercut.

VTrig: Buffmode Sagat. Traditional Tiger Knee and Uppercut, 16 frames armor, 4 frames invul.

Vtrig2: Muy Thai Master Sagat. Stays lean but a car glows with an awesome power, 3 fireballs in rapid succession, knee travels 1/2 length of screen quickly. Uppercut similar to SSF2 Ken.

Is it the same car from the SF2 bonus stage?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

A.o.D. posted:

Is it the same car from the SF2 bonus stage?
Yes. Ken's millionaire insurance policy allowed them to rebuild it. Faster. Stronger. Gaudier.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

man nurse posted:

You still get fight money for leveling up, so doing all that stuff with each character will still rack you up a bit, but again, I don't know if it adds up to a character or two.

I picked up SFV on a whim and just watching the demonstrations and doing part of the character stories got me enough for Sakura and Blanka. Whether that was a good decision remains to be seen. Finishing off the rest of the character stories should probably give me enough for a third or close to it. Considering the four remaining upcoming DLC characters I'll probably just sit on it for Sagat unless there is some other rich vein of fight money somewhere.

Really though I just found it hilarious how many trophies I was earning just for watching demonstrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I picked up SFV on a whim...Whether that was a good decision remains to be seen.

I can end the suspense for you if you want: it was not

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Now that DBZF saved the Marvel players I wish someone would license like Bloodsport or something and use it to lure people into a stealth fixed version of Street Fighter.

Like for real just find another beloved cartoon series where people punch eachother, make a GG game with like 1/5th the offense and complexity, bing bong bing bong Capcom is out on their asses.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 28, 2018

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Now that DBZF saved the Marvel players I wish someone would license like Bloodsport or something and use it to lure people into a stealth fixed version of Street Fighter.

Like for real just find another beloved cartoon series where people punch eachother, make a GG game with like 1/5th the offense and complexity, bing bong bing bong Capcom is out on their asses.

Didn't they make a ghetto and digitized version of bloodsport in 1991? I think it was called Mortal Kombat. It even had a Jean Claude Van Damme stand in who used the same outfit from the movie!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
*removes glasses*

My god...

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Bolo Yeung actually has four arms and they went to extensive effort to conceal them with special effects. Ed Boon regarded this as a mistake.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My hope and the thing I've heard other people say is that based on the success of DBFZ, the next game would a Shonen Jump All Stars fighting game. Which would be dope as hell.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I have to imagine every licensed animated series owner is tearing down the doors at Arcsys right now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Fexl is out in may or june dude but idk if people gonna go gougi for it

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I can end the suspense for you if you want: it was not

I'm a terrible player but to be honest so far I'm finding SFV a lot more manageable to wrap my head around and the mechanics more intuitive than Injustice 2 despite that game being extremely better in just about every area. Its probably some function of nostalgia and I should have just waited for the 30th anniversary ps4 re-release of SF2 though.

Although I am an idiot because I bought it right before it went on sale.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Tbh youre not gonna notice most of what makes this game poo poo if youre new and bad but the more time you sink into it the more it reveals its rotten heart. Especially online.

I'm the same but i played a lot and desperately tried to have my usual low-tier char fun where I dont feel too bad for losing and it still bummed me way out after a while.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I hate mk and injustice and not enough random people played gg online for me to really soak it all in so i ended up really trying to make sfv work

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I refuse to acknowledge fexl for missing the obvious opportunity to make the acronym FLEX which bothers me

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I refuse to acknowledge fexl for missing the obvious opportunity to make the acronym FLEX which bothers me

Fighting Layer EX makes about as much sense as Fighting EX Layer, so I'm inclined to agree with you.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

They said legal couldnt clear the acronym for them

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Wow that sucks but i suppose i can forgive then

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

FanaticalMilk posted:

My hope and the thing I've heard other people say is that based on the success of DBFZ, the next game would a Shonen Jump All Stars fighting game. Which would be dope as hell.

My hope is that the next one is actually a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The cool straightforward neutral-centric game people always say they want exists before their very eyes, but they can not master their own hangups and inhibitions to just pick up a gamecube controller and play it.