Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Nephzinho posted:

Please don't bring the base aero kit into ranked. Please don't be that guy.

Curling Bomb Rush works pretty nicely for clearing away the area near the goal, and suction bombs are nice as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Aerospray MG actually sees some use on some maps in competitive Splat Zones, since Curling Bomb Launcher is a really good way to just lock down an area.

As for the RG, Slosher Deco does its job way better, and has a leg up on Blasters which is a good thing for it since the normal Blaster is really popular in the meta.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• JP Watching Cherry Blossoms vs. Eating Hanami Dango @ March 3rd 15:00 JT

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Hanami season is soon(?) in Japan, so they get the appropriate regional Splatfest. Are you the kind that likes to meditate on pink flowers, or are you just going to stuff yourself with seasonal delicacies?

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Feb 25, 2018

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'm the type that gets blasted on a cheap blanket, so that's for yae-watching. But there's also dango in the drinking snacks, so...

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I figured Pearl's choice had something to do with getting smashed.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif
My Mrs got me this for Valentine's. Been having loads of fun with it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like this theme a lot, I'm Team はな I think

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Rexroom posted:

• JP Watching Cherry Blossoms vs. Eating Hanami Dango @ February 16th 21:00 PT / February 17th 16:00 AET

So it took place last weekend?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Xillah posted:

My Mrs got me this for Valentine's. Been having loads of fun with it.

:woomy:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

unpronounceable posted:

So it took place last weekend?

Ah, crap. How did I sleepwalk thru that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hey guys, please tell me im doing something wrong: im grinding for speed up slots. I drank the speed up drink and wear all krak-on branded gear, but out of 8 slots i levelled up, only 1 was a speed-up. Are the odds just that bad regardless?

Swim Speed Up that is

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hey guys, please tell me im doing something wrong: im grinding for speed up slots. I drank the speed up drink and wear all krak-on branded gear, but out of 8 slots i levelled up, only 1 was a speed-up. Are the odds just that bad regardless?

Swim Speed Up that is

Nope you did everything right, you're just unlucky. The drinks have 20 uses for a reason so try again!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

g0lbez posted:

Nope you did everything right, you're just unlucky. The drinks have 20 uses for a reason so try again!

Thanks. At this rate I'll have all other abilities maxed out, oy...

e: ok, that went way better. The ugly bowling shirt got all 3 slots as Swim Speed Up, the shoes got two and I accidentally had put on a headgear that wasn't krak-on brand, but it still got one swim speed up slot.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 26, 2018

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Swim Speed Up that is

I've been trying to get Run Speed Up on my Rockenburg gear and even with a drink ticket I have yet to roll all three slots for it. Sometimes the RNG is not your friend, so keep at it!

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif
Anyway of giving negative feedback to little shitehawks that don't play?

Lost the last three games because I rolled the same little poo poo who just stood on the landing pad for three minutes. I can't even angrilly question his parentage and sexuality because there's no headset support on the switch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can report people in the app for throwing games

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
If you got someone throwing the game why didn't you just go in a new lobby?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Xillah posted:

Anyway of giving negative feedback to little shitehawks that don't play?

Lost the last three games because I rolled the same little poo poo who just stood on the landing pad for three minutes. I can't even angrilly question his parentage and sexuality because there's no headset support on the switch

I think you can only do that on the app. However, you can just go to the home menu, find them under "People you've played with recently" or whatever it's called, and block them!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty annoyed that you can't report jerks on Salmon Run. It's rare, but extremely frustrating.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've had to go AFK a couple times before, and both instances by the time I came back I had gotten a disconnect the game referred to as suspicious.

So I always assumed that you just got automatically booted if you didn't move for like 30 seconds. Were my AFK experiences just an unlikely coincidence?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've had to go AFK a couple times before, and both instances by the time I came back I had gotten a disconnect the game referred to as suspicious.

So I always assumed that you just got automatically booted if you didn't move for like 30 seconds. Were my AFK experiences just an unlikely coincidence?

The game automatically boots you if you don't move for 1 minute. And it's counted as a suspicious disconnect.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
The long awaited version 2.3.0 patch will be released sometime tomorrow. There's a plethora of adjustments, but some notable ones include:
  • Squid Beakon now reveals nearby enemies on the map
  • You can swim away even if you activated the Tenta-missiles special
  • Baller and Ink Jet are more agile to use
  • Carbon Roller has their horizontal flick maximum damage range increased by 35%
  • E-Liter 4K's full charge bullet speed increased by 50%
  • Can't jump high on enemy sponges
  • Can't roll through enemy brellas
  • .52 Gal aim is stabler in the first few shots
  • Buffed the ink spread of Aerosprays

They're also modifying the Salmon Run rank point system a little. How that will affect everything will remain to be seen.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Translation of the patch notes here:

https://twitter.com/Toadsili_T/status/968433836064419840

Holy poo poo, Carbon Roller is finally usable now.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Feb 27, 2018

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

raditts posted:

I think you can only do that on the app. However, you can just go to the home menu, find them under "People you've played with recently" or whatever it's called, and block them!

Excellent, thanks.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

You loving monster.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Custom Jr already charges ridiculously quickly, looking forward to making it rain constantly forever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rexroom posted:

The long awaited version 2.3.0 patch will be released sometime tomorrow. There's a plethora of adjustments, but some notable ones include:
  • Squid Beakon now reveals nearby enemies on the map
  • You can swim away even if you activated the Tenta-missiles special
  • Baller and Ink Jet are more agile to use
  • Carbon Roller has their horizontal flick maximum damage range increased by 35%
  • E-Liter 4K's full charge bullet speed increased by 50%
  • Can't jump high on enemy sponges
  • Can't roll through enemy brellas
  • .52 Gal aim is stabler in the first few shots
  • Buffed the ink spread of Aerosprays

They're also modifying the Salmon Run rank point system a little. How that will affect everything will remain to be seen.

Pretty cool!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

Pretty cool!

:woomy:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I may have to try out inkjet again to see if I'm any more comfortable with it after movement tweaks

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
My Carbon baby!

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
Looks like your Profreshional Salmon Run rank is rounded down to the nearest 100 when your next shift starts, instead of reseting to 40. Maximum is 400. So that's pretty neat.

Also, it looks like they finally fixed that bug where splat bombs don't always explode Flyfish launchers, thank christ.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Spoilers: the Carbon is still terrible.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
The inkbrush is a p good replacement I've found.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

So here's an undocumented change:

Also yeah, Carbon still sucks. Tenta Missiles on the other hand, got a massive boost. Mini Splatling is just so good now.

Oh, and the true effect of Drink Tickets got found out. It has a 30% chance of forcing the slot to match the one on the ticket.

That reroll function discovered earlier? That was a part of the 70% scenario. Where the game will reroll the slot 999 times until you get an ability that's different from the one on the ticket.

As a result, drink tickets do not stack with brands and the chances for getting an ability from a drink ticket pretty much matches just leveling up a favored brand. So yeah, don't bother with drink tickets with matching brands.

EDIT: Tentatek Splattershot buff was intentional.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/968691559502823425

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 28, 2018

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Starting this Salmon Run at Profreshional 400. It feels so strange.

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:
Got to double bonus in 4 games.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Looking at using Opening Gambit for Rainmaker mode. Which would you say is more important for that: Foot speed, swim speed or ink resistance?

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/stardew_when/status/968735320979238912

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

The game's netcode is real.

Dr. Fetus posted:

So here's an undocumented change:

Also yeah, Carbon still sucks. Tenta Missiles on the other hand, got a massive boost. Mini Splatling is just so good now.

Oh, and the true effect of Drink Tickets got found out. It has a 30% chance of forcing the slot to match the one on the ticket.

That reroll function discovered earlier? That was a part of the 70% scenario. Where the game will reroll the slot 999 times until you get an ability that's different from the one on the ticket.

As a result, drink tickets do not stack with brands and the chances for getting an ability from a drink ticket pretty much matches just leveling up a favored brand. So yeah, don't bother with drink tickets with matching brands.

EDIT: Tentatek Splattershot buff was intentional.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/968691559502823425

What's different with the splattershot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Mutant Standard posted:

The game's netcode is real.

What's different with the splattershot?

Special cost got lowered from 230 to 210.

Also the next game breaking bug has been found.

https://twitter.com/chirashisushi/status/968746265264754688

Do not play Dapple Dualies when Arowana Mall is in the rotation! Dodge rolling on certain parts of the map will automatically kill you.