Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!
So the Agent system is basically garrison missions?

Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

theflyingorc posted:

caused by putting one function inside a loop instead of outside

This is my worst nightmare, and I don't even work on client facing products.

Jandipoo posted:

So the Agent system is basically garrison missions?

But with better writing. We hope.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Ossipago posted:

I'll come back for a few days for the agent system.

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

Ossipago posted:

Better writing won't make them any better.

Hint: Instead of sending NPCs to do fun missions, why don't you let us play the fun missions?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jandipoo posted:

Hint: Instead of sending NPCs to do fun missions, why don't you let us play the fun missions?

Spend 500 aurum to make your agent return sooner!
Spend 1000 aurum to unlock a new agent!
Spend 2500 aurum to increase rewards x2 for 30 days!

Patrons, go gently caress yourself nothing for you because we have to continue spiting the lifetimes every chance we get.

And then they only need a couple paragraphs for quest completion text. Boom Johnny the Intern you just earned a free lunch

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Jandipoo posted:

For basically any video game, if you ask "why don't you just", the answer is "the cost of producing what you want is several orders of magnitude more expensive to produce than they thing that you're getting."

The fun missions for you will be coming when we release the new zone, "an empty field in kansas filled with zombies".

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

theflyingorc posted:

For basically any video game, if you ask "why don't you just", the answer is "the cost of producing what you want is several orders of magnitude more expensive to produce than they thing that you're getting."

The fun missions for you will be coming when we release the new zone, "an empty field in kansas filled with zombies".

You said it was going to be Cleveland and have heroin golems and burning rivers!

Just another broken promise.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Len posted:

You said it was going to be Cleveland and have heroin golems and burning rivers!

Just another broken promise.

I say a lot of things

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Len posted:

Spend 500 aurum to make your agent return sooner!
Spend 1000 aurum to unlock a new agent!
Spend 2500 aurum to increase rewards x2 for 30 days!

Patrons, go gently caress yourself nothing for you because we have to continue spiting the lifetimes every chance we get.

And then they only need a couple paragraphs for quest completion text. Boom Johnny the Intern you just earned a free lunch

That actually makes a lot of sense. They hired the old writer, right? So, here we go, he'll get cracking writing debriefing blurbs which is like the best (for Funcom) of both worlds, mission rewards + mission debrief without having to make any characters or missions. If you squint your eyes just right, this is almost like new content!

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I mean, I really enjoy Fallen London and it's literally nothing more than text based missions. If the quality is good enough it works.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
This game still suffering under a lovely remake?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Captainsalami posted:

This game still suffering under a lovely remake?

Arguably a better remake? But I think it's still missing Tokyo dungeons and three regular dungeons.

But yes.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
Hey, want to see some of my lame marketing ideas?

NEW ZONE is on the way, and I'm slowly eliminating possible locations for it.

You can see what countries are NOT the new zone here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/7yzg62/where_wont_we_go/

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
For an intern led marketing effort it's not bad.

Loops
Oct 20, 2011

I never moved over after TSW became SWL, just kind of stopped playing. Lately though I've been craving to immerse myself in that amazing game again, should I even bother trying with SWL? Or should I just go back to TSW or not bother at all because it's dead? :(

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't really see the point in playing TSW over SWL, honestly.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

flatluigi posted:

I don't really see the point in playing TSW over SWL, honestly.

I like the originals opening with the two forces or whatever on the cosmic shore. That poo poo got cut down bad in the new one, but there's YouTube for that. Also all the freaking clothes unlocks from classes that aren't in the new one. I'd only make the jump after new story content is out if you enjoy how the original plays.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I like the originals opening with the two forces or whatever on the cosmic shore. That poo poo got cut down bad in the new one, but there's YouTube for that. Also all the freaking clothes unlocks from classes that aren't in the new one. I'd only make the jump after new story content is out if you enjoy how the original plays.

I know that I obviously have a bias towards the new game, but I honestly enjoy the combat in SWL more than TSW. I seriously couldn't make myself finish even Savage Coast in the original game because I found it tedious, but I like fighting things in SWL.

Some people feel the opposite, but actually they're wrong and my subjective experience is the correct one

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

theflyingorc posted:

I know that I obviously have a bias towards the new game, but I honestly enjoy the combat in SWL more than TSW. I seriously couldn't make myself finish even Savage Coast in the original game because I found it tedious, but I like fighting things in SWL.
One of my friends gave up on the original in Savage Coast too, after the incident :v:

I liked the combat in TSW but I definitely prefer the combat in SWL.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
If you enjoy TSW just move over to SWL as it has the same story, and it stands a chance of getting new content at some point (maybe soon). I had lots of moments of where I remembered how good the story actually was when I played through it again in SWL. There were plenty of quests and cut scenes that I just plain forgot (and others that I wish I could...).

Pilchenstein posted:

One of my friends gave up on the original in Savage Coast too, after the incident :v:

I had to laugh when I saw the video. I never had that happen to me in the original, but it happened to me in SWL when I was just kind of napping through a mission and thought I could mindlessly kill everything.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

SWL also has all the issues for free, so if you never got around to buying them switching over is a no-brainer imo

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I never could manage to have the patience to get past Savage Coast with TSW either despite many tries, but when I played SWL I enjoyed it enough to get all the way up to halfway through Tokyo. I burned out on the grind to upgrade gear but I think that's been toned down a bit since last year?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Berke Negri posted:

I never could manage to have the patience to get past Savage Coast with TSW either despite many tries, but when I played SWL I enjoyed it enough to get all the way up to halfway through Tokyo. I burned out on the grind to upgrade gear but I think that's been toned down a bit since last year?

You really shouldn't have to grind to experience any of the story content

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

theflyingorc posted:

This but also if you're stuck with anything in particular, hit me up (in-game name is the same as here) and I'll help out if I can.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

theflyingorc posted:

To be clear no, I meant when I was gearing up for harder endgame stuff.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I do wish it were easier to build up multiple weapon skills in the new game. Sometimes I just get tired of shooting people with my rifle. :saddowns:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

prefect posted:

I do wish it were easier to build up multiple weapon skills in the new game. Sometimes I just get tired of shooting people with my rifle. :saddowns:

I agree with this and making it easier to change weapons is something we're looking at. No ETA on that, though.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
When that's something people have been complaining about since loving beta that's kind on whoever worked out the core gameplay loop and decided to see how much money they could squeeze out of players.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

theflyingorc posted:

I agree with this and making it easier to change weapons is something we're looking at. No ETA on that, though.

Heck, in the first game, I had to switch to new weapons once I got to Tokyo. I got my rear end kicked so badly, I may not have made it out of the park for a week before finally giving in and getting a sword-based build. :)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Morglon posted:

When that's something people have been complaining about since loving beta that's kind on whoever worked out the core gameplay loop and decided to see how much money they could squeeze out of players.

Thank you for your useful feedback

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

theflyingorc posted:

I believe in you tfo :)

You have inherited just a peach of a legacy on this one though

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
The Agent system is out now

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

I believe in you tfo :)

You have inherited just a peach of a legacy on this one though

But they didn't inherit Joel so there's that. Man gently caress that dude.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

Uh, what did you guys do with the launcher? It is stuck in the "unpacking" phase. It moves a few kb, than estimated time goes to 99 hours, than it "unpacks" a few more kb.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sekenr posted:

Uh, what did you guys do with the launcher? It is stuck in the "unpacking" phase. It moves a few kb, than estimated time goes to 99 hours, than it "unpacks" a few more kb.

That sounds like the same things that always been happening. Have you tried turning it off and back on?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Len posted:

That sounds like the same things that always been happening. Have you tried turning it off and back on?

If you mean close the launcher and run it again, than yes. It just goes back to crazy slow "unpacking"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sekenr posted:

If you mean close the launcher and run it again, than yes. It just goes back to crazy slow "unpacking"

Welp I'm out of ideas then

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

This is great

Hey all, as some folks have picked up on by now, folks are logging into Agartha with a character that appears as Level 1 with nothing on them. Please do not be alarmed--nothing is actually gone in our database, so you've not actually lost anything. For now, we suggest just getting out of Agartha and wait for the all-clear from us. Sorry for the trouble!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDG1wJXtCHE

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sekenr posted:

This is great

Hey all, as some folks have picked up on by now, folks are logging into Agartha with a character that appears as Level 1 with nothing on them. Please do not be alarmed--nothing is actually gone in our database, so you've not actually lost anything. For now, we suggest just getting out of Agartha and wait for the all-clear from us. Sorry for the trouble!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDG1wJXtCHE

It's not a Funcom content patch day without things being poorly tested :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Len posted:

It's not a Funcom content patch day without things being poorly tested :allears:
It was literally an overloading of the live database due to increased player activity in Agartha. We could have had QA on it for 6 months and they wouldn't have found this.