Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Jagged Jim posted:

Awfully nice of that SWAT to hive a friendly, informative chat with the guy before he mistakenly guns the teacher down as well.

Not pictured: the previous scene where the cop held a paper bag up to the teacher's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Curling is fairly popular though? It gets lots of eyeballs and relatively prime time slots (compared to other, 'major' winter sports). I'm pretty sure the only Olympic Hockey games shown by NBC during daylight hours was the Women's Finals, and that's only because the US won.

Although I guess you could make the same argument for Men's Curling finals...

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Tibalt posted:

Curling is fairly popular though? It gets lots of eyeballs and relatively prime time slots (compared to other, 'major' winter sports). I'm pretty sure the only Olympic Hockey games shown by NBC during daylight hours was the Women's Finals, and that's only because the US won.

Although I guess you could make the same argument for Men's Curling finals...

Curling draws decent tv audiences during the Olympics and can be surprisingly interesting to watch. That said, it still has the reputation of being a joke sport and probably always will.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
Curling is super cool and lol if you don’t appreciate the tactical complexity in it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Alhazred posted:

Yeah, I can't possibly see how that would go wrong.

Was it this subforum or another one that creeped out Kate Beaton so much that she left and never came back?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

:smith:

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

Coxswain Balls posted:

Was it this subforum or another one that creeped out Kate Beaton so much that she left and never came back?

Someone brought that up to her once a couple years back and she laughed because SA basically imagined everything except her posting a bit and then being bored of SA.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Weird BIAS posted:

Someone brought that up to her once a couple years back and she laughed because SA basically imagined everything except her posting a bit and then being bored of SA.

I always wondered what the story was behind that, so that's nice to hear that she was bored rather than harassed off the place.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

maybe she got bored of the harassment

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
How the gently caress is Stantis still employed by any newspaper when he's been writing no-effort, no-jokes, no-plot, no-art one or two panel strips for years?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Wow, what an exciting continuation of the last comic:

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Flavius Belisarius posted:

How the gently caress is Stantis still employed by any newspaper when he's been writing no-effort, no-jokes, no-plot, no-art one or two panel strips for years?

Because you just described newspaper comics

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Mort Walker did the same for almost 70 years. Newspaper comics suck?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I agree with the elephant, arm the unions.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Ularg posted:

Wow, what an exciting continuation of the last comic:

It's like they accidentally ran two of the filler comics between destinations.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/967934655365234688
*Points to noggin*

"Can't crumble a wall that doesn't exist"

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

"Islam is bad because they kill the gays!"

Get hosed, Garrison. We know you agree with them on that point.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I like the ruined building ON THE loving BEACH

I think the comic is merging Iraq with Omaha beach to demonstrate the difference. Allied troops landing vs coalition troops collecting oil.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Electric Phantasm posted:

Sounds better than the last cool cat.

At least there are people trying to help. Even if it does little.

A lot better than the vast majority throwing their hands in the air going "if we don't know for sure if something will work, we shouldn't bother trying" since that not trying to reach out is why kids feel like shooting people up in the first place.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

RoboRodent posted:

"Islam is bad because they kill the gays!"

Get hosed, Garrison. We know you agree with them on that point.

Yes, but they're taking it too far. If you make being gay a capital offence, people start to talk and say it's a bad thing. Much better to have a series of isolated incidents involving a pack of lone wolves, so you can wring your hands at the terrible culture of homophobia without anyone noticing that you're responsible for it and behind closed doors you support it in full.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I'm Chelsea Clinton, whose very existence is enough to set Garrison into a frothing rage. She's just there behind the window with her name on it.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I'm the murdercrime bats.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Zivilyn Bane posted:

I'm the murdercrime bats.

I'm so tired of these Ska-fusion bands popping up everywhere.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm the FBI on Garrison's/Trump's side. Lol this IS a throwback.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

For the love of God, and all that is holy! MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:roflolmao:
Nice catch.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Jerusalem posted:

Sorry, I meant to type has he done an actual storyline SINCE the election, somehow missed those words.

He may be in a coma, but his hand twitches whenever Hillary's in the news.

March:

April:

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

October:

November:

December:

January:
Nothing.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
:unsmith: Heh

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

My god look at how lovely that copy-paste job is on the bunny character. Didn't even bother with shadows.

Allie used to actually give a gently caress about his craft.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Look at the white around the face of the coyote. He couldn't even cut it out right.

How is Buckley more skilled than Stantis?!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Avirosb posted:

https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/967934655365234688
*Points to noggin*

"Can't crumble a wall that doesn't exist"

War was BAD but then big daddy strong handsome Trump started to threaten war with a bunch of countries and now it’s ok

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Dr. VooDoo posted:

War was BAD but then big daddy strong handsome Trump started to threaten war with a bunch of countries and now it’s ok

Well Garrison actually did criticize Trump's threats of war. In his own special way. He just blamed The Swamp/McCain for being a bad influence on Trump. Who is incorruptible and immune to The Swamp's machinations of course.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

The Bloop posted:

Man, I haven't played Scorched Earth in ages

Good News! Shellshock Live comes pretty darn close!

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Stiglich posted:

Widely varying temperatures over the last week have created prime conditions for roadways to crumble.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Nice homophobia.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tinsley knows that the olympics took place in South Korea, right?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Conservatives think that the Liberal Mainstream MSM Media were fawning with adoration over the NK delegation at the Olympics. (It's more Mike Pence made a horse's rear end of himself and people lol'd about it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Alhazred posted:

There was a bunch of Korean unity stuff in the opening ceremonies that I'm sure a lot of right-wingers took considerable offense to