Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

Holy poo poo Melania is actually talking today

Hope she uses some more Michelle Obama material

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/jbakerohio/status/967744650034466817?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E0

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Elephanthead posted:

Well Trumps tweets are really the only thing of value he produces, except Barron.

lol if you don't think barron will grow up to be the worst of them

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The death of office of the president is bad but the death of the office of the first lady is good and I want to think Melania for bringing it about even unintentionally.

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

:hai:

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

melania will probably go off script, describe years of abuse on live tv then announce she's filing for divorce, all of which will be considered a minor scandal and nearly forgotten by thursday

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Robert Plant posted:

Also good morning, and good trump

good morning trump bad

OrangéJéllo
Aug 31, 2001

UFOTacoMan posted:

It makes me wonder if there are any books about coming into contact with aliens except the alien society is made up of complete idiots who are super dumb?

kind of like the opposite of Solaris

this comes up like once a year and this short story is always recommended
https://eyeofmidas.com/scifi/Turtledove_RoadNotTaken.pdf

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Spoondick posted:

melania will probably go off script, describe years of abuse on live tv then announce she's filing for divorce, all of which will be considered a minor scandal and nearly forgotten by thursday

*Totally forgotten

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

I know some poo poo happened last week (last month too?) but he'll, I can't remember a drat thing

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

that was just locker room domestic violence. anyway the dow is doing great

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

So I guess what I'm saying is trump

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
lol that fox is towing the "armed teachers" line after years of saying teachers are marxist sleeper agents

letting your kids get taught "new math" at gunpoint to own the libs

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is young baron asking anyone to the prom this year

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol gun training

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it only takes a week to become a LEO lmao

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Conservatism is a mental illness

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bearjew posted:

humans are a virus

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

UFOTacoMan posted:

*cracks knuckles*

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Gonna be great seeing "willingness to shoot to kill" pop up on the 'minimum requirements' portion of teaching job applications.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Bearjew posted:

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/968126026587955200

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

This is all going to end with some kid getting into an altercation with a teacher and then getting shot in "self defense"

And no it won't be a white kid

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bearjew posted:

I can't count the number of op-ed pieces from supposed old-school non-awful conservatives but not one has addressed the fact that even if good conservatives ever existed they haven't for my entire life and I couldn't give a single gently caress.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

People cant get health insurance or form unions in this country but free firearm courses no problem

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

freckle posted:

turn off your monitor

Nice

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Does Eric have even less defined facial features now?

Odo x voldemort lovechild

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

:eyepop:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

NOTICE ME

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Shaodw the hedgehog rules

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Next step will be arming students when a teacher domes a kid.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

a.lo posted:

People cant get health insurance or form unions in this country but free firearm courses no problem

This is a pretty good summary of America, yeah.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

a.lo posted:

"Real America" is a death cult where suffering equates to moral superiority.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Going on Fox and friends to jerk off your dad to get noticed lol

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

poo poo everything is poo poo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can we just Balkanize now please

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I mean piss

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

GobiasIndustries posted:

Holy poo poo Melania is actually talking today

Renewed scrutiny on her marriage? That poo poo never stopped. There's never been a day where anyone looked at that marriage and said "yep, that's normal".

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Solarin posted:

poo poo everything is poo poo

poo poo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

it's so bad conservative thhink tanks are begging scotus no to do it

but they will

think tanks think the genie isnt already unbottled

ok heres the thing: having a decorous society that respects reasonable differing political opinion, favors justice, and prefers consistency, precedent, and incremental change to swings in all directions depending whos in power?? thats a victory. thats, like, congrats, youve won as a society for now. enjoy it, care for it

idk if pandemic the board game is super popular but its a lot of fun and one of the great bits is that its collaborative and there are a million ways to lose together, but only one win state. and sometimes you can be tempted to go for a cure or eradicate a disease a round or two more quickly, by ignoring things that are likely enough to go wrong and lose the game if not addressed. your tempted to win faster but by not putting in the work, you get all hosed up. eventually you learn that before your able to win you have to not lose—you cant rush to victory w/o shoring up everything thats gonna end poo poo first

trying to return to :decorum: and acting like theres a reasonably centrist aisle to reach across and working to improve things incrementally from a livable baseline—thats game winning poo poo, and a lot of folks are acting like we can get back to filling in our victory conditions w/o addressing the disease cubes piling up all over our social/political/legal game board

i get the temptation to try to win but ffs we need to not lose first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Called it. an 18% increase will subtract almost exactly the amount that was "added" through the tax bill.

Best part? Instead of cutting taxes, they could have funded Medicare for all with the amount they cut, which would have reduced my costs per check by over 100$ and wouldn't immediately be cancelled by a rate hike.

• Locked thread