Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yes wandows, i just had a dream last night that a miracle would reset the file associations for sublime text

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

your dreams are haunted

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
wtf is this nerd archeology poo poo

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Hjälp

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/shittymario/status/967645626157613060

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

why the gently caress is this shared by lovelymario

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

broken graphics card. the third least significant bit of the addressing of (possibly a small section of) the rom font ascii table is getting zeroed (e.g. n, o, p and q, 10011100-10011111, getting dropped to jklm, 10011000-10011011)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beamed posted:

why the gently caress is this shared by lovelymario

this is better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2tkA0vlnns&hd=1&t=1540s

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

broken graphics card. the third least significant bit of the addressing of (possibly a small section of) the rom font ascii table is getting zeroed (e.g. n, o, p and q, 10011100-10011111, getting dropped to jklm, 10011000-10011011)

Stupid Wandows.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/SQLSamLester/status/965551009027280896

Thanks

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
more like @SQLMoLester

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
also just like to reiterate how much i appreciate microsoft taking the opportunity to install random shitware any time i add a new user on a win 10 pro pc.

thanks for loving peggle ultimate disney's age of minecraft all over my start menu you worthless fucks

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaNtgrjTme4

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

oh nice, they brought back the old style apple keyboard keys

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

k now do one for the mic

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

infernal machines posted:

also just like to reiterate how much i appreciate microsoft taking the opportunity to install random shitware any time i add a new user on a win 10 pro pc.

thanks for loving peggle ultimate disney's age of minecraft all over my start menu you worthless fucks

umm have you considered living in a country that's too poor to be worth advertising to???

(other than america for some reason)

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

Jesus loving Christ what an epic failure of product management.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sapozhnik posted:

umm have you considered living in a country that's too poor to be worth advertising to???

(other than america for some reason)

ffs i live in canada, where would i even go from here?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

does that website with the silly circus music and randomly generated microsoft product names still exist??

everything I binged refuses to find it

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Bulgakov posted:

does that website with the silly circus music and randomly generated microsoft product names still exist??

everything I binged refuses to find it

http://wheany.com/ms-branding/

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I mean i guess i haven't really made the page discoverable :shrug:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

infernal machines posted:

ffs i live in canada, where would i even go from here?

latvia, the canada of the baltics

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

:worship:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

adorable computer

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

atomicthumbs posted:

adorable computer

that camera position is atrocious though. x1c has much better solution for this

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I like that position, it means you can push it down and forget about it and not have to worry about privacy, no piece of tape required.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

r u ready to WALK posted:

I like that position, it means you can push it down and forget about it and not have to worry about privacy, no piece of tape required.

as i've said, x1c has a much better solution

you slide the cover and forget about it. no piece of tape, no keyboard layout distortion, no camera angle that makes you look like an idiot

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

or you could just not gently caress with your camera like a maximum sperg? the power led has a physical connection to the camera so if the led isnt on the camera is literally unpowered

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

NEED MORE MILK posted:

or you could just not gently caress with your camera like a maximum sperg? the power led has a physical connection to the camera so if the led isnt on the camera is literally unpowered

this has at least historically not been true on most hardware. somewhat obviously, since it is not like you flip a switch to turn the webcam on, it is there live on a bus already

e: since i reminded myself anyway; the original example is the old macbook isights, where the led is indeed on a standby pin for the image sensor. but the standby pin is not "no power", and the sensor has some microcontroller inside, so researchers just uploaded firmware to the sensor controller making it ignore the state of the standby. i don't think it is necessarily broken on a ton of current hardware after past publicity, but i do appreciate a little plastic flap for the purpose, costs almost nothing and will be a boon for some consumers.

Cybernetic Vermin fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 26, 2018

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

:agreed: there's nothing wrong with making it common dog to put an opaque thing in front of a camera that you don't want to see you. not that it isn't very good that this one model can't be on if the power light isn't but there are others that can and gramma won't know the difference

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

this has at least historically not been true on most hardware. somewhat obviously, since it is not like you flip a switch to turn the webcam on, it is there live on a bus already

e: since i reminded myself anyway; the original example is the old macbook isights, where the led is indeed on a standby pin for the image sensor. but the standby pin is not "no power", and the sensor has some microcontroller inside, so researchers just uploaded firmware to the sensor controller making it ignore the state of the standby. i don't think it is necessarily broken on a ton of current hardware after past publicity, but i do appreciate a little plastic flap for the purpose, costs almost nothing and will be a boon for some consumers.

i guess i should clarify that i was talking about the only computers that matter, macbooks pro

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
mac book pros are the ones that had the firmware issue. apple made the same false claim you did and security researchers proved it was wrong.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

apple? bad with security?

the hell you say!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
plastic thingy also protect the camera lens from dirt and whatnot

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

R@RE DEADSTOCK VINTAGE LUMIAS NOS RETRO WE GOT THOSE RARE WINDOWS PHONES

quote:

Microsoft has started selling Lumia Windows phones at the company’s online retail store once again. The software giant originally removed its Lumia devices back in June, leaving HP’s Elite x3 and Alcatel’s Idol 4S as the only choices for Windows Phone fans. Windows Latest has now spotted that Microsoft has started selling its Lumia devices again earlier this month.

The Lumia 950 is available for $399, alongside the Lumia 950 XL ($499), Lumia 650 ($199), and Lumia 550 ($139). Microsoft did finally admit that Windows Phone is dead back in October, but the company’s transparency around the death of the mobile operating system has been rather confusing at times. Now that phones are once again being sold in the Microsoft Store, that won’t help with the obvious confusion over the sad and slow death of Windows Phone.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

400 ameros for a three year old phone running a dead os

yup, that's microsoft alright

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they never left the store (in the us atleast).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Shaggar posted:

they never left the store (in the us atleast).

aint that the truth lol