Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

a new study bible! posted:

As long as Nakamura doesn't kill Cena.

If he dies, he dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
On Raw Talk, Cena was teasing that he might have to give in to heelish tendencies to get things done, so this might still be a fun story if he wrestles Nakamura as a heel.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

spongeh posted:

On Raw Talk, Cena was teasing that he might have to give in to heelish tendencies to get things done, so this might still be a fun story if he wrestles Nakamura as a heel.

Threatens to assault his soon(?) to be brother in law. Let's get dark.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Billzasilver posted:

Eh, if it happens it happens.

If he dies, he dies.

Edit: Beaten like Cena.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Threatens to assault his soon(?) to be brother in law. Let's get dark.

Don't wanna get folks excited for a Bryan match that won't happen

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PWInsider is saying the plans for Wrestlemania appears to be Asuka vs Alexa Bliss at Wrestlemania. Not Asuka vs Charlotte. I wouldn't be shocked if they had Asuka run over most of the RAW roster because they'll be moving a bunch of them to Smackdown, and moving a bunch of SD stars to RAW at some point after Wrestlemania.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's definitely the Smackdown women banished to the preshow then.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy that finish to Asuka vs Nia last night makes no sense, then.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

Kane is in Las Vegas and will be at tonight's Monday Night Raw taping, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

The former WWE champion has not been seen on WWE TV since late January, where he was decimated by Braun Strowman during a Last Man Standing bout that saw Kane buried under the announcers' table and stage. Kane was taken to the hospital via ambulance after the bout, but according to WWE's storyline, sat up in the emergency room and left the hospital.

Given that he is in town for the taping, it's quite possible WWE will script his return to their storylines tonight.

Bless

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I guess I'm finishing persona tonight then

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Kane

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Kane vs Braun for Mania? Is that whats happening

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

That's definitely the Smackdown women banished to the preshow then.

So who's Charlotte even going to face? I assume the Fastlane match with Riotttt is a one-off, unless the Squad really acquits themselves well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, it's a mess. Neither show has built up a match, presumably because they were still not sure where they wanted to send Asuka.

Raw has the excuse that in kayfabe they've been assuming Asuka would choose Alexa this whole time, so they haven't needed a backup plan and the Nia/Asuka stipulation at least reflects that. But Fastlane should be setting up a Wrestlemania match, not blowing off the Riott Squad stuff.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I mean Charlotte and/or Becky and/or Nattie and/or Naomi could have any number of good Mania matchups but they need to announce them

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whipping up a match is easy enough, but if they're going to do the Rousey match, Asuka/Alexa and Sasha/Bayley it's unlikely a Smackdown title match with 3 weeks of build is making the main card.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Whipping up a match is easy enough, but if they're going to do the Rousey match, Asuka/Alexa and Sasha/Bayley it's unlikely a Smackdown title match with 3 weeks of build is making the main card.

Since WWE seems to want to poo poo the bed with all the women's matches, we will get Charlotte vs Carmella at Wrestlemania.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

projecthalaxy posted:

if that is what is happening then :laffo:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'd rather they just have Braun kill Big Show again honestly.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Since WWE seems to want to poo poo the bed with all the women's matches, we will get Charlotte vs Carmella at Wrestlemania.

Squad beats down Charlotte after she beats Ruby, Carmella cashes in, Mania match is Charlotte's revenge. Yippee. Mella hasn't wrestled on TV since.....?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

D.N. Nation posted:

Squad beats down Charlotte after she beats Ruby, Carmella cashes in, Mania match is Charlotte's revenge. Yippee. Mella hasn't wrestled on TV since.....?

I'm making a joke. It's not actually a spoiler. I hope. :ohdear:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm making a joke. It's not actually a spoiler. I hope. :ohdear:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

please god

do it Vince

let Kane get one last Mania Moment and beat Braun

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

you son of a bitch. you motherfucker

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I think it will either be Charlotte vs. Ruby Riotttt or Carmella cashes in advance to have a guaranteed match at wrestlemania (...pre show)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

apparently Jack Swagger is in LU now and there's no sign of Matanza

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Is Lucha Underground becoming the new TNA in terms of signing old WWE talent? :confused:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DarkstarIV posted:

Is Lucha Underground becoming the new TNA in terms of signing old WWE talent? :confused:

nah they were that in Season 1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
We're not getting Kane vs Braun, it's gonna be The Demonkane vs The Demonkang

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Senerio posted:

We're not getting Kane vs Braun, it's gonna be The Demonkane vs The Demonkang

is this an actual rumor or a speculation (either way kill me)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's joke.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Braun vs Fake Braun.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I just want Kane vs Jeff Jarrett at Wrestlemania.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LU

Mil Muertes beat Sami Callihan and Fenix in a 3 Ways to the Grave casket match, placing both in caskets
Jack Swagger beat Sammy Guevara. Post-match Swagger attacks Sammy
Laurel Van Ness debuted for the company
Pentagon Dark retains the LU title over Brian Cage

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/JustinBarrasso/status/968680593352425472

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Barrasso isn't a reliable source. He's the dude who claimed that Dolph's contract was 1.5m a year. When no other main eventer but Brock comes close to that level apparently.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Barrasso isn't a reliable source. He's the dude who claimed that Dolph's contract was 1.5m a year. When no other main eventer but Brock comes close to that level apparently.

tbh that doesn't sound all that impossible to me. Dolph was gonna leave and they threw main eventer money at him to stop him from going somewhere else.

Having said that, this sounds...pretty farfetched.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

VJeff posted:

tbh that doesn't sound all that impossible to me. Dolph was gonna leave and they threw main eventer money at him to stop him from going somewhere else.

Having said that, this sounds...pretty farfetched.

lmao dolph has no value anywhere else. the dude barely cares about pro wrestling itself, he'd rather be a tv personality or comedian

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

lmao dolph has no value anywhere else. the dude barely cares about pro wrestling itself, he'd rather be a tv personality or comedian

Dolph is a name at least at the level of Cody when he left and probably higher than that, if he went out on the market, he'd probably get over and he'd probably make money for other people. Something WWE has shown a pretty great aversion to allowing to happen recently, see also: Neville.

I can't speak to the guy's motivations outside WWE because I don't know them but if he left WWE and kept wrestling, I think it's fairly self-evident he'd be successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Barrasso's been dead wrong on a million things. I can only assume someone's feeding him obvious bullshit to weed out the leakers.