Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's a pizza place by me that has a "game day deal" but they offer it all year round. It's two 14" one topping pizzas, 24 wings, two 2-liters, and either 12 cheese sticks or breadsticks. After losing my third friend of the year I ate the whole thing in a 24 hour span. All I had left was a 2-liter. Emotional eating is crazy sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

This thread has turned into Sad With Money.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004
https://www.newyorker.com/culture/annals-of-gastronomy/are-delivery-apps-killing-restaurants

Apropos of the current conversation, delivery apps are apparently break even or money losing BWM for local restaurants, promising a return in exposure and profitable walk-in customers down the road (just like Groupons) and we are heading towards a shity gig economy future of arm's length independent contractor kitchens slinging delivery food ordered from our corporate overlords Uber and Seamless

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/annals-of-gastronomy/are-delivery-apps-killing-restaurants

Apropos of the current conversation, delivery apps are apparently break even or money losing BWM for local restaurants, promising a return in exposure and profitable walk-in customers down the road (just like Groupons) and we are heading towards a shity gig economy future of arm's length independent contractor kitchens slinging delivery food ordered from our corporate overlords Uber and Seamless

Counterpoint, legal pot.

Like I have BWM friends who order UberEats all the time because well...

What they lose in walk-in customers they'll make up for in volume.

Krispy Wafer fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 26, 2018

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

John Smith posted:

Order a big bundled meal set, eat what you feel comfortable with, and then store the rest for subsequent meals.

Easy, convenient, and cheap-ish on a per-unit basis. Why not? $10 per meal seems good.

That was my main rationalisation for ordering that instead of something more reasonable. But I’d eat like 3/4 of that in a single sitting.

Taking care of your mental health is GWM and GWL. Seriously, if you were making GBS threads green confetti on the reg, you’d go see the rear end doctor and take rear end pills, no question asked. If your brain is doing weird poo poo, go see a brain doctor and take brain pills. Off topic I guess, but it needs to be repeated over and over until nobody feels shame in seeing a therapist.

The happy pills changed my life. Best $10/month I’ve ever spent.

Jan 11, 2004

Krispy Wafer posted:

Counterpoint, legal pot.

Like I have BWM friends who order UberEats all the time because well...

What they lose in walk-in customers they'll make up for in volume.

According to the article, the restaurant owners interviewed believe that they don't make any money on volume delivery and they aren't sure if the promised payoff in advertising / exposure is coming. Interesting Lee, none of these companies are profitable either, it seems like the only people making money off of food delivery are the people actually delivering the food, and even then that is a minimum wage type of job

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

FrozenVent posted:

That was my main rationalisation for ordering that instead of something more reasonable. But I’d eat like 3/4 of that in a single sitting.

Taking care of your mental health is GWM and GWL. Seriously, if you were making GBS threads green confetti on the reg, you’d go see the rear end doctor and take rear end pills, no question asked. If your brain is doing weird poo poo, go see a brain doctor and take brain pills. Off topic I guess, but it needs to be repeated over and over until nobody feels shame in seeing a therapist.

The happy pills changed my life. Best $10/month I’ve ever spent.

Can't echo enough. Unmanaged sadbrains often makes it drat near impossible to get out of debt or stay out of it; you make one mistake and the compounding effects of punitive fees, lack of motivation, and cognitive decline can put you in the hole for years.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

According to the article, the restaurant owners interviewed believe that they don't make any money on volume delivery and they aren't sure if the promised payoff in advertising / exposure is coming. Interesting Lee, none of these companies are profitable either, it seems like the only people making money off of food delivery are the people actually delivering the food, and even then that is a minimum wage type of job

I was only half serious. Obviously volume does no good if you're losing money on each order or if your costs rise faster than your profits. But at the same time if you have demand then you have room to raise prices. So our new gig economy exploited inefficiencies in taxi services decreasing those prices, but will probably increase restaurant costs since those were already operating at low margins and didn't benefit from monopoly type conditions.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

It can work; you just need a better business plan than "we'll provide personal service to everyone at no extra cost to them, but it'll be profitable because we have an app."

There's a startup called Peach that does aggregate lunch orders for offices - they text you a couple of options from a single local restaurant in the late morning, then drop off everybody's order at once around noon. They got to profitability quickly because they can take advantage of economies of scale, the restaurants they work with can also take advantage of economies of scale, and they've got a way to get into people's heads right when they're thinking "I didn't bring lunch today, what am I going to do?"

John Smith posted:

Order a big bundled meal set, eat what you feel comfortable with, and then store the rest for subsequent meals.

Easy, convenient, and cheap-ish on a per-unit basis. Why not? $10 per meal seems good.

Of all the posters who'd pull the Lucille Bluth "how much could a banana worknight meal cost, ten dollars?" routine, it'd have to be you, wouldn't it?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Eating takeout all the time is also bad with health, which leads to much greater BWM and BWL down the road.

Haifisch posted:

HELP! I've almost spent $1,500 on FOOD this month! I'm just one person; this is ridiculous!

Here, I've definitely noticed that $50 buys me a lot less than it did in VA, or MO, where I'm from originally.

For example, I went to store just this past weekend to get food to cook and spent about ~$45. That bought me two servings of catfish, broccoli, zucchini, about a half-pound of baby red potatoes, a bottle of maple syrup, a box of waffle mix, and a bottle of olive oil. I did feed two people with the fresh ingredients, and obviously the maple syrup, waffle mix, and olive oil will go towards many more meals, but it still feels expensive.

This makes it really obvious that she has no idea how to shop for groceries and or any sense of how a food budget works. I'm sure that food costs are higher there, but when coming up with "what will $50 get me here compared to where I used to live" it's bizarre to use a shopping trip that consists largely of things that don't make a meal or wouldn't be regular purchases like an uncommon fish, maple syrup, waffle mix, and olive oil. I really doubt the potatoes, broccoli and zucchini were a significant proportion of that shopping trip.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
My bane are store-brand frozen pizzas that are 14" "personal" pizzas which are 2/$6, 2 delicious meals of grease and fat in 16 short minutes when I'm too lazy to cook for myself, some for dinner and the rest for breakfast the next morning.

They're such good value! GWM but BWL :smith:

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 26, 2018

Jan 11, 2004

Space Gopher posted:

It can work; you just need a better business plan than "we'll provide personal service to everyone at no extra cost to them, but it'll be profitable because we have an app."

There's a startup called Peach that does aggregate lunch orders for offices - they text you a couple of options from a single local restaurant in the late morning, then drop off everybody's order at once around noon. They got to profitability quickly because they can take advantage of economies of scale, the restaurants they work with can also take advantage of economies of scale, and they've got a way to get into people's heads right when they're thinking "I didn't bring lunch today, what am I going to do?"

Of all the posters who'd pull the Lucille Bluth "how much could a banana worknight meal cost, ten dollars?" routine, it'd have to be you, wouldn't it?

Well the basic business plan of Uber and other gig economy companies is to attempt to undercut everyone else by spending cheap venture capital money to build business, finding cheap marginal labor, circumventing as much regulation and liability as possible, and forcing expenses off onto arms-length independent contractors. In this example, the delivery people and restaurant owners.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Well the basic business plan of Uber and other gig economy companies is to attempt to undercut everyone else by spending cheap venture capital money to build business, finding cheap marginal labor, circumventing as much regulation and liability as possible, and forcing expenses off onto arms-length independent contractors. In this example, the delivery people and restaurant owners.

Yeah, Uber isn't making money, it's burning through venture capital at an astounding rate, hoping that absolute market dominance will result in massive profits once self-driving electric cars become viable.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lensherman/2017/12/14/why-cant-uber-make-money/2/#4c5b13514a24

Basically without artificial constraints on supply (the medallion system), taxis aren't really profitable to run even when you treat the drivers like serfs.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Yeah, none of these "gig economy" companies are remotely close to profitable because they're trying to press into industries that already have razor thin margins, and they're just using VC money as a buffer and passing that discount onto their customer while trying to expand the margin by not paying taxes or supporting their not-employees.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Bhodi posted:

My bane are store-brand frozen pizzas that are 14" "personal" pizzas which are 2/$6, 2 delicious meals of grease and fat in 16 short minutes when I'm too lazy to cook for myself, some for dinner and the rest for breakfast the next morning.

They're such good value! GWM but BWL :smith:

See this is why I like the frozen Chinese food deals from Trader Joe's. It's like a pound of orange chicken just ready to heat in the oven for 15 minutes, put some rice on in the rice cooker and you have 4 servings for $6 or 7.
I keep a few in the freezer all the time. It's my go-to for when I'm too lazy to cook because it's WAY cheaper than takeout

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Yeah, I will make something like curry or spaghetti meat sauce etc, and what we don't use of the sauces go in the freezer to be vacuum sealed later. It's so easy to just throw some noodles on to cook or put some rice in the cooker for dinner with some reheated sauce. I also have a bunch of servings of plain pulled pork that we can reheat and add bbq or teriyaki whatever and have that over a bun/rice/whatever. Easy to make on those busy nights!

The trader joes stuff is so good, but my husband thinks he needs low salt so we don't get that stuff often. I do make personal pizza crusts that I freeze ahead of time and have our own frozen pizzas :) So much cheaper than delivery, and tbh we are in a bit of a delivery desert. We can get pizza or Chinese delivered and that's it. Not a big choice and they are not very good either. I'm not going to spend money on someone to deliver McD's etc to us.... that's just silly the amount of money they say and then it's like a long delivery window too. Not exactly quick on those nights when we are just tired :( Its a lot faster to make something with what we have stored and its probably a lot healthier too.

Have to know how to shop to make the most out of a food budget! I've managed to drop our food budget by nearly half this way and we don't waste nearly as much between the two of us foodwise.

Disco Salmon fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 26, 2018

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Keep it up and we're headed for GWS

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Moneyball posted:

Keep it up and we're headed for GWS
This would be a great traveling thread tbh.

Think of all the things that are BWM:

Video Games
Advanced Degrees
DIY
Gadgets
Food
Clothes
Pets
Guns
Drugs

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 26, 2018

Jan 11, 2004

Bhodi posted:

This would be a great traveling thread tbh

Didn't it travel a long time ago like 5 years ago?

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bhodi posted:

Video Games
Advanced Degrees
DIY
Gadgets
Food
Clothes
Pets
Guns
Drugs

Living
Loving
Dying
Existence
Having money
Spending too much money
Not spending enough money

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Bhodi posted:

Video Games
Advanced Degrees
DIY
Gadgets
Food
Clothes
Pets
Guns
Drugs
It would be pretty great to see all the same derails and arguments happen as we pass through every other subforum on Starship BWM. Somehow horses will still get brought up and people will still get annoyed about it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Space Gopher posted:

This legitimately sounds like a profitable business that I would invest in if I was a VC. A strong combination of a natural market niche and scalability.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This legitimately sounds like a profitable business that I would invest in if I was a VC. A strong combination of a natural market niche and scalability.
I don't know if it's a startup but my company uses Fooda which is literally the same as Peach as described. The upshot for the employees is the company pays a daily stipend so lunch is subsidized.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Enfys posted:

Eating takeout all the time is also bad with health, which leads to much greater BWM and BWL down the road.

This makes it really obvious that she has no idea how to shop for groceries and or any sense of how a food budget works. I'm sure that food costs are higher there, but when coming up with "what will $50 get me here compared to where I used to live" it's bizarre to use a shopping trip that consists largely of things that don't make a meal or wouldn't be regular purchases like an uncommon fish, maple syrup, waffle mix, and olive oil. I really doubt the potatoes, broccoli and zucchini were a significant proportion of that shopping trip.

i did spend 1500 in one month on food once
i had made a bet with my sister that i could eat steak for every meal for a month

lol

(like 5 different kinds of steak tho)

Jan 11, 2004

Hoodwinker posted:

I don't know if it's a startup but my company uses Fooda which is literally the same as Peach as described. The upshot for the employees is the company pays a daily stipend so lunch is subsidized.

Building an app to facilitate employees spending employer cafeteria stipend money is without any question GWB

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

Yeah those food delivery apps just murder your budget. Got home late from work, don’t feel like cooking / grocery shopping? Order some sushi, it’s here in twenty minutes.

Please don’t probate for self-posting, but this combined with depression is why I have spent $5-600 on eating “out” every month since late 2015 or so. Even getting stupid expensive frozen grocery store meals that you dump into a skillet/pot for 20 minutes is way better with money.

I bet a lot of the people that spend so much money on food turn their noses up at anything frozen, though.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i had made a bet with my sister that i could eat steak for every meal for a month

lol

I could have never won the bet if it weren't for that half cow in the freezer.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

lol

I feel like I'd be sweating blood after this

Good Parmesan
Nov 30, 2007

I TAKE PHOTOS OF OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN IN PLANET FITNESS
HELP! I've almost spent $1,500 on FOOD this month! I'm just one person; this is ridiculous! (I do adore bagels)

1st bit of money i've got and i want to invest in a hedge fund based on the lab grown meat industry. any suggestions?
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/4x3vr7/1st_bit_of_money_ive_got_and_i_want_to_invest_in/

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/3kteok/how_to_spend_and_save_money_in_the/
How to spend and save money in the rangeland/wilderness?

quote:

I am aware there are a lot of posts like this, and I read a few of them, but feel that my situation is unique and fun so I want to post anyway and see what you guys make of it. You are awesome and I appreciate you reading!

Like many National Service Members I live with a host family. My situation involves living rent-free in their spare house on their cattle/elk-hunting ranch (and they feed me locally-shot game and locally-raised meat from their ranch). I don't pay any bills but help out with the cows/goats/chickens/weeds/erosion when I can. We also raise Border Collies for working cattle and I foster the 'runty' puppies. I want to start paying rent or something now that I can, but they keep saying I can live there for years and years rent-free. I'm good with the kids and I'm the only young professional around, so you could say I'm good for the community.

I moved here from a major metro area, so it has been a fun culture-shock! No girls here though. Or anyone anywhere near my age for that matter. I'm single-handedly holding down the local single 18-50 age range for almost a 100 mile radius. It is lonely for sure, and my favorite Collies keep getting killed by the drat mountain lions (the ones I get attached to tend to be the sweeter, more docile ones, but the wilder, more aggressive ones survive longer). I just lost another sweet puppy, Sage, this week. She was the only puppy in the litter that would melt into your arms when picked up, not squirming and biting. Her mom was the best dog I ever had but we lost her to a lion attack. And little Poka too. I’ve gone through three dogs this summer.

Like the title says I'm about to start a job with almost 5x the pay of my current job (this has more to do with how little I make now as an Americorps member). I'm an Environmental Specialist, male, age 27, living in a remote mountainous area. No debt, no savings, I own a 2004 Volvo XC70 AWD and an old Honda touring motorcycle but I need a pickup truck badly to get around because the only paved road around is the State highway. Both of my vehicles suck at driving on primitive dirt/gravel/twotrack roads which are dominant around here. Once the big paychecks start comin’ in I want to buy a mid-90's F150, but keep the Volvo for when I make longer highway trips.

I have a pretty nice list going on in my head of what I’m going to buy with my first few paychecks. It goes something like this:

~1995 Ford F150 $5000

Repairs to my Volvo, most of which result from driving it on primitive roads all year (brakes, tires, suspension, interior) - $2500

Orange TH-30 Guitar Amp $1500 (I’ve been drooling over this amp for years now, this is happening, I deserve it). It will scream at the trees and mountains for the bears and lions to stay away.

Ski equipment, camping gear, firearms for hunting and general wilderness duty. ~$2500

I already own a badass mountain bike but a motorized dirt-bike or 4-wheeler and at least one boat would be handy. There’s a LOT of forest/mountain and riverine wilderness to be explored here and not much else. $5-10k

Next, I want to start saving/investing. If I can save half of my pay for 5 years, I can buy a $75,000 house I guess, the houses in that price range in this area look nice. I don’t know much about the whole mortgage thing, but it sounds awful. Isn’t that whole nonsense part of why it takes some of us two years of unpaid internships and one year of Americorps after college until finally landing a salary job? Can I just live with my host family and save up for a house?

Also, I want to have huge budget for vacations because I think I have a better chance of finding an SO the more I travel. Family keeps telling me to “Why you not go to Poland and find nice Polish girl”. Like I can just show up in Poland and be like “ey bb u wan sum life with me in an area with 500 humans and 20,000 cows?”

I think I get two weeks paid vacation for the annual wife-hunt. Maybe I start in Poland and then every year go to poorer and poorer countries until I find some sort of equilibrium.

Obviously I’m losing my poo poo in certain ways from loneliness/boredom and I’m thinking less and less clearly all the time. But I need a companion that can fend for herself and not get killed by bears or lions like my dogs do. She’s not going anywhere without her 12-guage pump shotgun (loaded with slugs) in the pickup and 10mm automatic on her person. If there’s anything left of the Wild West, this is it. Also the county roads are covered in rattlesnakes, so maybe a sawed-off shotgun loaded with buckshot too.

It might seem to be a bit much but these conventions are pretty ubiquious here. Everybody has 4-wheelers, boats, a beat-up sawed-off shotgun for snake-duty in the gunrack of their pickup, probably right next to the beer cooler. Bring plenty, the nearest city is at least a three-beer drive in any direction! Depends on how fast your pickup is. The sheriff is pretty lenient with speeders, and he’s the only cop in the county. Last time I passed him on the highway I was doing 110mph in my Volvo and he didn’t hassle me, but he was in his pickup so he never would have caught me. That thing only does 103, tops, and it takes a while to accelerate.

So to recap:

-$45k Salary, full State Employee Benefits.

-No debt, no savings. I own a car, but I need a pickup/camper/ATV/boat too or else I’m pretty limited in where I can go.

-Expenses include cellphone and car insurance bills so about $150/month

-Oh, and gas. So much gas. At least $500/Month

-upwards of $20k in pent-up demand for material things.

-Maybe I should buy a really nice puppy. no more Border Collies! Maybe, like, a lab. Or a loving Golden Retriever. Maybe something dumb and calm but sweet and loyal and that doesn’t tree lions and then stand there, barking like an idiot until said lion comes down and SWAT. ~$500-1000

-Can I pay money to import a foreign woman? Local girls are nonexistent. What will this cost? What will she do here for work? Do I pay her an allowance? My ex came to visit earlier this summer, words cannot describe what a disaster that was. I want a family.

I have been living on under 10k/year so I have no concept of money, really, and I could easily screw up or get ‘lottery-winner-syndrome’

-I should buy a boat.

Alright, that’s all I’ve got. Thanks for reading. Have at me.

Good Parmesan fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 26, 2018

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
-Can I pay money to import a foreign woman? Local girls are nonexistent. What will this cost? What will she do here for work? Do I pay her an allowance? My ex came to visit earlier this summer, words cannot describe what a disaster that was. I want a family.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
What an interesting and different perspective.

I don't know that it's super bad with money, though. Like buying a bunch of dumb stuff is dumb but he seems to want to pay cash.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jordan7hm posted:

China.txt

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Jordan7hm posted:

This would have triggered Tiny Bronto so hard. RIP Tiny Bronto, being a kooky forums conspiracy theorist was shockingly bad with money for you.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
I saw that the living on a farm post or whatever was a couple years old so i looked at his reddit comment history to see if he had imported a wife to hilarious effect or anything like that but it's just a few posts where he argues about guns and guitars. Truly disappointing.

Good Parmesan
Nov 30, 2007

I TAKE PHOTOS OF OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN IN PLANET FITNESS
But I need a companion that can fend for herself and not get killed by bears or lions like my dogs do. She’s not going anywhere without her 12-guage pump shotgun (loaded with slugs) in the pickup and 10mm automatic on her person.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Not a Children posted:

I feel like I'd be sweating blood after this

i did have vegetables
on the side

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

I'm pretty sure he's just being funny rather than genuinely wanting to import a woman, just as he really wants a fancy guitar amp to yell at the mountains to keep the dog-eating lions away.

It's a really interesting lifestyle and a cool post. He was smart enough to want to avoid going the way of lottery winners, so hopefully things worked out for him and he found a shotgun toting lady who wouldn't get eaten.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

This would have triggered Tiny Bronto so hard. RIP Tiny Bronto, being a kooky forums conspiracy theorist was shockingly bad with money for you.

I just noticed she was perma-banned. RIP indeed.

Short and sweet: https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/80d72j/helping_my_mom_keep_her_house/

quote:

So my dad was crap with money. Originally bought their house in 1998 for $ 160,000. Now In 2018 he has passed away and my mom owes $ 170,000 on the house. My father had a $100,000 life insurance policy. My mother makes appropriately $ 32,000 a year and mortgage payments are $ 1,600 a month. She can not afford a mortgage that high. Also, the house appraises for around $ 300,000 now. What can she do to keep the house?

Jan 11, 2004
Rent it out for an amount of money that would allow her to afford the mortgage. Wait maybe that isn't what they meant by "keep the house"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Hoodwinker posted:

It would be pretty great to see all the same derails and arguments happen as we pass through every other subforum on Starship BWM. Somehow horses will still get brought up and people will still get annoyed about it.

My friend have you heard of Oblivion's Horse Armor DLC?