Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Barking Gecko posted:

I paid off my (30 year) mortgage (16 years early) today.

:peanut:

Watch this space for tomorrow's post about my house collapsing due to some uninsured never before seen hazard, but for today I'm debt free. . .

Heck yeah, my dude! Get rekt, debt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Heck yeah, my dude! Get rekt, debt!

I am now accepting suggestions on how to celebrate this momentous event. Frivolous, impractical, and very yob ideas are most welcome, of course.

vanisher

Barking Gecko posted:

Watch this space for tomorrow's post about my house collapsing due to some uninsured never before seen hazard, but for today I'm debt free. . .

This is rad. Good job

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Barking Gecko posted:

I am now accepting suggestions on how to celebrate this momentous event. Frivolous, impractical, and very yob ideas are most welcome, of course.

set off a bunch of fireworks in your house!!

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

alnilam

Olive! posted:

this and also whiskey should be involved imo

Scaly Haylie

hamjobs posted:

whats a weedover i've never been not-high

it's when you get so high you're still high the next day(s)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lizard Wizard posted:

so like

like every day?

MY MAN

Manifisto

Barking Gecko posted:

that is awesome! congratulations!

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Olive! posted:

alnilam posted:

also :420: but instead of just in the bathroom with the exhaust fan going just pour it straight on the hob and get your fridge high while you get high too because you're a homeowner free and clear and nobody can tell you what to do about it now

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Lizard Wizard posted:

double weed
multi weed
MEGA WEED
ULTRA WEED
M-M-M-MONSTER WEED

Scaly Haylie

RL Stine's Monster Weed

take the moon

by sebmojo

roomforthetuna posted:

I'm four episodes in, I think. It got a bit less slow-and-dragging after the first couple. After four episodes I watched the new Blade Runner, because it seemed like they'd be similar and I wanted to be able to say which was better. In my opinion it is Altered Carbon that is better.

noooooooooooooooooooo

welcome hello and chat byob

im using the chill music thread as my soundtrack for Posting today

take the moon

by sebmojo

Lizard Wizard posted:

RL Stine's Monster Weed

rl stine probably has written a book about weeds attacking people at some point

the best horror short story i read as a kid was a school bus that ate people. only it was never explicitly written that it ate people, like the Main character never got eaten. it was a weird coloured bus, more orange than yellow, and i think the seats were made out of weird materials that were kind of like ridges on a tongue. i thiiiink that was part of it.

ill never be able to find it again. i tried searching "bus that eats people short story" and just got the magic school bus results over and over

i remember it being really good though

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Olive! posted:

alnilam posted:

Okay. I have both of these items. Unfortunately, I have no weed, which is extremely illegal in my backward state. I do, however, have potentially dangerous power tools, which could be useful for impromptu remodeling. Why wait for an act of God, when I can do it myself? Isn't that what DIY is really all about?

Manifisto

Barking Gecko posted:

I do, however, have potentially dangerous power tools, which could be useful for impromptu remodeling

according to my middle school shop class, power tools are principally useful for making bongs out of random objects

Robot Made of Meat

Barking Gecko posted:

WTG! Paying off my house (only 6 years ahead of schedule) was a huge thing for me. And yeah, watch your roof and plumbing.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

FluffieDuckie

Look at all these fiscally responsible yobbers :love:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

alnilam

"yeah. hell yeah. know what I'm sayin?"
- dr. dre

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
cash chill rules everything around us

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Starman Super DX

Currently making plans to visit the Franklin Institute this weekend so we can see the Terra-cotta Army exhibit before it’s gone :)

Tell me more!

Scaly Haylie

update: things are busy af and i haven't had a meal break

Robot Made of Meat

Starman Super DX posted:

Currently making plans to visit the Franklin Institute this weekend so we can see the Terra-cotta Army exhibit before it’s gone :)

Please don't snap off any thumbs.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Starman Super DX

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Please don't snap off any thumbs.

well now the idea is in my head!

Tell me more!

Scaly Haylie

Manager: hey don't take more than 30 minutes
Me: sure
Manager: if you could be back before that it'd be even better

The balls on some people

vanisher

Someone at work said "soy milk" and I said "hi milk I'm dad"

Scaly Haylie

vanisher posted:

alnilam

vanisher posted:

lol

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Barking Gecko posted:

Buy the neighbor's house!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Barking Gecko posted:

Build a pond and put some Wedass frogs in it.

FluffieDuckie

roomforthetuna posted:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Buy the street! http://www.businessinsider.com/presidio-terrace-buyers-fight-to-win-their-street-back2018-1

vanisher

Barking Gecko posted:

Call your mortgage servicer and ask for a copy of the 'Note' (or Mortgage), which is your loan agreement.

Over a glass of champagne with a spouse or group of friends, burn the document in a fireplace or bbq.

Buckle up for the wave of marketing that's going to stream in after your lender records the reconveyance removing the lien from title.

Starman Super DX

Lizard Wizard posted:

Manager: hey don't take more than 30 minutes
Me: sure
Manager: if you could be back before that it'd be even better

The balls on some people

I was walking past some customers on my lunch (holding food, no name tag) and they asked If anyone was workign at the bakery and I said "I don't really know I'm not on the clock right now, sorry." :twisted:

Tell me more!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

vanisher posted:

Call your mortgage servicer and ask for a copy of the 'Note' (or Mortgage), which is your loan agreement.

Over a glass of champagne with a spouse or group of friends, burn the document in a fireplace or bbq.

Buckle up for the wave of marketing that's going to stream in after your lender records the reconveyance removing the lien from title.

I like when pieces of paper become like magic relics of yore.

Here in a Canada maybe a couple years ago a guy got some money from a family member's estate and the bank made it so that money now existed on a piece of paper (draft something, I can't remember) and then the company hired to deliver it from the bank to the dude lost it and it wasn't insured for enough or something.

Starman Super DX

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I like when pieces of paper become like magic relics of yore.

this is a little more somber but-

when I was still in high school I had a very close friend who had very in depth knowledge of three things: drugs, serial killers, and fine films. one day I asked him to write down a list of his favorite films and he did on a piece of crumpled notebook paper, each one a classic- Tootsie, Midnight Cowboy, Taxi Driver, Falling Down, Straw Dogs, Eraserhead, etc. he wrote forty four movies before stopping saying that “forty four is a good number.”

He passed away a year or so after we graduated. shortly after I found the paper and framed it in his memory. :unsmith:

Tell me more!

Scaly Haylie

i'm real sleepy but i don't think i can just sleep when i get off work

but i'm real sleepy

City of Glompton

congrats barking gecko that is awesome! :peanut:

starman...:unsmith:

...hang in there lizwiz...

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Scaly Haylie

i'll be off soon, then i just need to play a video game so my strength can return, popeye-like

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

roomforthetuna posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

hello hamjobs I missed saying it when it was timely but I like your tall chooks :henget:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig