Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
At least they nerfed Samuro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Block removed, noooo... Sonya looks totally different now.

The removal of limitations on raven familiar is going to be very wacky. Casting portals as a raven is a questionable addition as well. Removing quickening and adding stable portal to 16 wildly changes the hero, who knows how this will go.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Block has always been such a weird mechanic. It's amazing vs slow attackers and useless vs Tracer/Zarya etc. Should just be like spell shield where it lasts X amount of time.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

No Wave posted:

Block removed, noooo... Sonya looks totally different now.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but if not

quote:

New Talent: Tough as Nails (Passive)
Every 12 seconds gain a stack of Block that grants 75 Physical Armor against the next Hero Basic Attack. Stores up to 3 charges. Cooldown refreshes 200% faster while Fury is active

bamhand posted:

Block has always been such a weird mechanic. It's amazing vs slow attackers and useless vs Tracer/Zarya etc. Should just be like spell shield where it lasts X amount of time.
Completely disagree, block is a fine mechanic for exactly that reason. It improves your matchups vs certain heroes while not helping vs others, so it acts as a test of game knowledge. It's still worth considering taking even if there is a rapid attacker on the other team because they won't always be attacking you.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I feel dumb because I honestly don't know what the "while fury is active" part of that talent means. While your fury bar is above zero?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I can see your view point but I think block is good vs AA and spell shield is good vs mages is enough difference already, no need to then split between fast attackers vs slow attacks. In my experience block just ends up being not great a large amount of the time and then amazing a very small amount of time. Could afford to be evened out a little more to pretty good a fair amount of the instead of amazing a very small amount of the time. Just my opinion though.

Sindai posted:

I feel dumb because I honestly don't know what the "while fury is active" part of that talent means. While your fury bar is above zero?

Is it her trait? Where you move faster briefly after using an ability. Forget what that's called off the top of my head.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

bamhand posted:

I can see your view point but I think block is good vs AA and spell shield is good vs mages is enough difference already, no need to then split between fast attackers vs slow attacks. In my experience block just ends up being not great a large amount of the time and then amazing a very small amount of time. Could afford to be evened out a little more to pretty good a fair amount of the instead of amazing a very small amount of the time. Just my opinion though.

Is it her trait? Where you move faster briefly after using an ability. Forget what that's called off the top of my head.

Yeah now that I'm thinking of it I believe that it's 200% faster while her trait is active, which is like 3 seconds after she uses an ability. Pretty good uptime imo.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

How are the ana changes a buff when they tapped down both piercing darts and mind numbing? Just the diversity of being able to have alternate builds and have self-healing?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wow I actually forgot she had a trait other than "uses fury."

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Gobbeldygook posted:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but if not

Completely disagree, block is a fine mechanic for exactly that reason. It improves your matchups vs certain heroes while not helping vs others, so it acts as a test of game knowledge. It's still worth considering taking even if there is a rapid attacker on the other team because they won't always be attacking you.
Nice to see I still can't read. And that is OP OP.

Block is good way more often than it's not because you will usually be playing against Valla/Greymane/Zuljin/Raynor/Hanzo (notice how good it is against Hanzo). Or, if you're playing QM, the Butcher.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 26, 2018

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Yukari posted:

How are the ana changes a buff when they tapped down both piercing darts and mind numbing? Just the diversity of being able to have alternate builds and have self-healing?

Can't heal if you're dead.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

NeurosisHead posted:

this is a very "day 1 purchase" set of skins

I almost felt sorry for everyone who missed out on that Busan police mount, but then they showed that new Ghost In The Shell-style walker. Cool stuff.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/LyBaJlx.mp4

johanna is cool too bad i don't play her

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I kind of miss the old Johanna with Regen Master where you could have absurd amounts of health regeneration on top of Laws of Hope and Iron Skin.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Is Johanna still fun and effective, or is she meh and boring currently? I kind of haven't been playing warriors at all recently. Muradin seems really fun and engaging these days. Johanna is my most played tank, but that was old Johanna.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

ToastyPotato posted:

Is Johanna still fun and effective, or is she meh and boring currently? I kind of haven't been playing warriors at all recently. Muradin seems really fun and engaging these days. Johanna is my most played tank, but that was old Johanna.

Johanna had a lot of really useful talent synergy gutted, but she's still good. Just remember to take Laws of Hope at 1 and you should be fine.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The menu background screen for the next hero was in the PTR gamefiles: https://imgur.com/a/RSVXn

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Midnightghoul posted:

The menu background screen for the next hero was in the PTR gamefiles: https://imgur.com/a/RSVXn

Deckard Cain is real?

Edit, are we sure this is a hero background and now a special event background of some sort?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Could also be Leah with that background (or, comedy option: Maghda).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I've never played diablo 3 past the demo but apparently Itharael is an angel that's located in a library.

However that does look a lot like where Cain and Leah are in the intro.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Finally someone can identify all these items I've been carrying around for years...

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Also the changes to Ana make her an amazing off-DPS.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

No Wave posted:

I've never played diablo 3 past the demo but apparently Itharael is an angel that's located in a library.

However that does look a lot like where Cain and Leah are in the intro.

After googling, it is identical the Deckard library from the intro.

https://simplywallpapers.com/wallpaper/Deckard-Cain-Diablo/34140/

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kith posted:

Also the changes to Ana make her an amazing off-DPS.
Even with her trait she does less AA damage than Azmodan... I'm certain the anas on my team will agree with you though.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Okay so wow I misread the patch notes and didn't see that they removed the 50% damage boost for having 5 stacks on a target, which is pretty much the entire reason you would ever want DBM in the first place - having the ability to gently caress up inattentive people was a major part of what made that quest worth taking. Now that it's just self healing it's... ehhhhhh? The burst healing active is cute but if you want burst healing just spec into grenade stuff.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

After googling, it is identical the Deckard library from the intro.

https://simplywallpapers.com/wallpaper/Deckard-Cain-Diablo/34140/

Identical except the stained glass shows the Dragon Knight :allears:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Kith posted:

Okay so wow I misread the patch notes and didn't see that they removed the 50% damage boost for having 5 stacks on a target, which is pretty much the entire reason you would ever want DBM in the first place - having the ability to gently caress up inattentive people was a major part of what made that quest worth taking. Now that it's just self healing it's... ehhhhhh? The burst healing active is cute but if you want burst healing just spec into grenade stuff.

Yeah that's, uhh.. Not good?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I can't imagine a more boring, pointless and unwanted character than Maghda. Except Leah.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

beejay posted:

I can't imagine a more boring, pointless and unwanted character than Maghda. Except Leah.

small brain: deckard cain
normal brain: zoltun kulle
glowing brain: adria the kerrigan from d3 expansion
galaxy brain: maghda
universe brain: leah
transcendental godlike being brain: rakanishu

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

beejay posted:

The Worldstone.

You have no abilities and if you die your team loses the game.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Zhulik posted:

transcendental godlike being brain exploding into a million glittering pieces: Corpsefire

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Aerox posted:

transcendental godlike being brain exploding into a million glittering pieces: Corpsefire Pindleskin

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Snotspill or bust.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Aerox posted:

transcendental godlike being brain exploding into a million glittering pieces: Corpsefire

Day one buy for me.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Zhulik posted:

A disturbing lack of Ghom. But if they ever do another Diablo map, the boss camp should definitely be Rakanishu.

Also, memories of the treasure goblin event from ages ago. "A pity these goblins never stay a while..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIeTZG_G0e0
"...and they never listen either."

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 26, 2018

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

ToastyPotato posted:

I wanted Johanna SWAT skin. I got Johanna SWAT skin.

Now I wait for Gundam Johanna.

I want GM-y Raynor and Zaku/Gouf/Dom tints for Blaze.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
So I guess they're slowing down hero releases and folks on reddit are melting down about it?

I actually kind of wish that this game had a lot more polish than it ends up seeing, so I'm not opposed to it, but it seems more likely that they're downsizing the team.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Clearly they have to make Bremm Sparkfist where when you hit him in melee, you instantly die.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

I don't think I've ever had a Murky game where I out hero damage'd everyone else on both teams, a good murkening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Semper Fudge posted:

So I guess they're slowing down hero releases and folks on reddit are melting down about it?
Reddit melts down about loving everything. Remember when they thought that the Malthael changes were a nerf?

quote:

I actually kind of wish that this game had a lot more polish than it ends up seeing, so I'm not opposed to it, but it seems more likely that they're downsizing the team.
AFAIK, the Heroes team is focusing on polish and balance before throwing the New Heroes train back into high gear. They wanted to get a roster that was at least somewhat comparable to League and Dota before slowing down.