Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/968200125448323072

I guess the narrative is now Russia was responsible for Feinstein not getting the endorsement lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Democrats need to hire these Russians since they seem a hell of a lot more competent than their loser asses.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The DNC: Powerless in the face of tweets.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

DNC, when the tweets fell.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/KenzoShibata/status/968236518962880513

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/968213010346016770

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Pfft lol gently caress off.

Edit: though if that was a joke that Carter knew about and was down with then that's actually the funniest loving thing.

Edit 2: I looked on Twitter and it apparently wasn't intended to be nice or a friendly joke, but Carter is fairly dismissive of it. So gently caress that guy.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 26, 2018

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Lightning Knight posted:

Edit: though if that was a joke that Carter knew about and was down with then that's actually the funniest loving thing.
(Narrator Voice) It wasn't.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Kilroy posted:

(Narrator Voice) It wasn't.

Yep I just edited my post to reflect that I now know this.

tbh if somebody held up a tablet behind me with the :ussr: gif playing while I made a speech I wouldn't even be mad though.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Zil posted:

DNC, when the tweets fell.
Clinton and Podesta, at Comet Ping Pong

A Russian bot, his sails unfurled!

Rent-A-Cop fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 26, 2018

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Lightning Knight posted:

Edit 2: I looked on Twitter and it apparently wasn't intended to be nice or a friendly joke, but Carter is fairly dismissive of it. So gently caress that guy.

don't worry, carter's ge opponent pulled the same poo poo and lost. this idiot is just helping carter

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

also, looking forward to when the centrists go so far off the deep end they claim the dem party is a putin puppet and start voting R to support america

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Condiv posted:

also, looking forward to when the centrists go so far off the deep end they claim the dem party is a putin puppet and start voting R to support america

It's basically the story of Hillaryis44. Go so far off the deepend after Obama beats Hillary that when she runs again you vote Trump to show the Democrats.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

that was an inevitability with or without russia's involvement

Radish posted:

It's basically the story of Hillaryis44. Go so far off the deepend after Obama beats Hillary that when she runs again you vote Trump to show the Democrats.

pfft that started in 08 when at least a quarter of hillary's primary voters backed mccain in the general

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Oh by the way there's a massive strike happening in WV that nobody apparently cares about so that's cool. Specifically teachers, iirc.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Condiv posted:

That's basically what created neoconservatism, a bunch of cold warrior imperialist dems got mad the party moved too far to the left and jumped ship. I would expect if the left does actually gain enough influence to rein in America's foreign policy it will happen again

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

icantfindaname posted:

That's basically what created neoconservatism, a bunch of cold warrior imperialist dems got mad the party moved too far to the left and jumped ship. I would expect if the left does actually gain enough influence to rein in America's foreign policy it will happen again

I really wish I could find the old LF effort post about neoconservatism because that was a great primer on the subject.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Muppets On PCP posted:

that was an inevitability with or without russia's involvement

pfft that started in 08 when at least a quarter of hillary's primary voters backed mccain in the general

Oh yeah but seeing them still so mad at the Democrats they voted against the person they were originally protest voting in favor of was an impressive amount of insanity.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/968082224863236096

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
seems we've finally disrupted currency by reinventing company scrip

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Instant Sunrise posted:

I really wish I could find the old LF effort post about neoconservatism because that was a great primer on the subject.
this?
https://lfeffortposts.wordpress.com/2009/01/09/neocons/

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

That's the one.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Lightning Knight posted:

i had assumed that the guy doing this was republican but whoops. guess that's what I get for not reading the tweet

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/968230404590219264

turns out centrists can't resist the urge to punch left, even when they're supposed to be acting professionally :shrug:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Didn't they already do this exact story a year or two back?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Condiv posted:

i had assumed that the guy doing this was republican but whoops. guess that's what I get for not reading the tweet

turns out centrists can't resist the urge to punch left, even when they're supposed to be acting professionally :shrug:

That’s why I wondered if it might’ve been a good-natured bad joke, because then it would’ve been really funny.

But no, he’s just an rear end in a top hat.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Wouldn’t this just be company scrip 2.0 with Bitcoin style market speculation attached? Wouldn’t Facebook Bux ultimately still be tied to the dollar making them superfluous at best? What happens if Facebook goes out of business or decides to manipulate their currency for personal profit? I have so very many questions here.

Also LOL of course CNN never asks if giving that kind of financial power to unelected megacorps could have unintended consequences.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

The guy's actual website is a lot more ambiguous about it. It really is just a "what if" art project, rather than actually advocating for it like CNN is trying to imply.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Aves Maria! posted:

seems we've finally disrupted currency by reinventing company scrip

Well Amazon and Google both want to bring back company towns, so why not.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Roadie posted:

The guy's actual website is a lot more ambiguous about it. It really is just a "what if" art project, rather than actually advocating for it like CNN is trying to imply.

Yeah, I just find the tone-deafness amusing

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Condiv posted:

The guy holding up the USSR flag is a Democrat?! I saw the picture earlier and though it was a Republican doing it. The rear end in a top hat won re-election last November, so he's not going to face any repercussion for this, sadly. The idiot also voted for a discriminatory bill because he was confused. I'll be he's one of those pricks that gets pissed when his fast food order is wrong because how hard can their job be?

https://twitter.com/MarkKeam/status/966798189830565888

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Even Indivisible now thinks the DCCC is awful:

http://www.indivisiblehouston.org/actions/indivisible-houstons-statement-dccc-involvement-tx-07-congressional-race/

quote:

This leaves us in the tricky position of having to explain to a slimy DCCC spokesperson, who has apparently never stepped foot in our district but claims to know our psychology, several basic yet important facts:

1) “07” and “04” are different numbers;

2) Paris and Houston are different cities;

3) You no more represent TX-07 than you do the Eiffel Tower;

4) And most importantly: the collective preference here is for you to STAY OUT OF TX-07. Your anti-democratic, unprincipled hooks will be treated as a hostile invasion in our process and Texans won’t stand for it.

Seriously. Everyone here hates you now.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

readingatwork posted:

Wouldn’t this just be company scrip 2.0 with Bitcoin style market speculation attached? Wouldn’t Facebook Bux ultimately still be tied to the dollar making them superfluous at best? What happens if Facebook goes out of business or decides to manipulate their currency for personal profit? I have so very many questions here.

Also LOL of course CNN never asks if giving that kind of financial power to unelected megacorps could have unintended consequences.

I mean Silicon Valley has already reinvented the Victorian piecemeal economy and industrial efficiency techniques that treat workers like machine parts to be replaced once they are worn down why not company script?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

This is so great. I'm hoping more centrist-y groups start clue-ing in on this.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Yeah good to see some progress from the group that tried to erase Heather Heyer's activism. But, still, gently caress Indivisible.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

edit*

wrong politics thread/forum

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 27, 2018

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

And this is why proper form is vital.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Kilroy posted:

Yeah good to see some progress from the group that tried to erase Heather Heyer's activism. But, still, gently caress Indivisible.

Yeah, Indivisible is trash, but I'm still happy that they're taking a non-trash position for a change. Any progress is A Good Thing imo.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Kilroy posted:

But, still, gently caress Indivisible.

My understanding was the Indivisible was like BLM -- i.e., about a zillion different local chapters that are essentially independent from each other.

What did they do that was so bad about Heather Heyer anyway? A quick google says "held a march", is this one of those things that only different leftist factions get pissed at each other about?

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 27, 2018

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/JChengWSJ/status/968342679246393344

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

My understanding was the Indivisible was like BLM -- i.e., about a zillion different local chapters that are essentially independent from each other.

What did they do that was so bad about Heather Heyer anyway? A quick google says "held a march", is this one of those things that only different leftist factions get pissed at each other about?

Iirc, originally the march was planned without contacting, acknowledging or involving the organizations that were actually present the day that Heather Heyer died. Eventually they may have fixed that, but I don't recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't call McMaster getting replaced with Bolton anything resembling an evening of the odds, but chrome dome's not exactly a mitigating force in this, either.

That said, Bolton would definitely get us into a war with Iran.

• Locked thread