Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Hey so a few friends and I are looking into this. Everything I can find says 'don't expect multiplayer Skyrim' but those sources are all pre-One Tamriel, let alone anything more recent. Does that still hold true? Basically if it has the feel of anything from TES 3-5, but with buddies, we'll be golden. Those flavors can come in any proportion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Decided to buy Morrowind and retry the game on an EU server, feels so much better with good latency. Shame about goon presence though!
And where the hell is my costume I bought for 500 free crowns while on NA, is all of it region-based?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sighence posted:

Hey so a few friends and I are looking into this. Everything I can find says 'don't expect multiplayer Skyrim' but those sources are all pre-One Tamriel, let alone anything more recent. Does that still hold true? Basically if it has the feel of anything from TES 3-5, but with buddies, we'll be golden. Those flavors can come in any proportion.

At this point it is a very good Elder Scrolls game and well worth playing if you're a fan. More so if you play solo actually; not everything works right in a group, and it can be awkward. You and your friends will occasionally get split into different instances. The game has great writing and voice acting, but your party can ruin it for you (or you can ruin it for them) by blowing through dialogue too fast. People can end up interrupting each other's conversations by making an either-or dialogue choice while the other person is still hearing the NPC out; the quest ends up advancing for the whole group without everyone understanding wtf just happened or what choice has been made. You're just kicked out of the cutscene and left to guess.

These are fairly minor concerns though. It's a good game to play with friends.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Shy posted:

And where the hell is my costume I bought for 500 free crowns while on NA, is all of it region-based?

Everything you buy with crowns is region locked, which for some reason is not advertised at all. I only found out about it when I wanted to try an EU alt after having spent about 4000 crowns on the NA server.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The only way you can get a mount that isn't a plain old horse is through real money? That's pretty lame.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
It’d be cool if location of stable would decide what you buy.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I can't think of ESO looking like Fashion Scrolls considering every armor looks the goddamn same.

Yeah i said it. Where's my 75 pound WoW shoulderpads

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Fargin Icehole posted:

I can't think of ESO looking like Fashion Scrolls considering every armor looks the goddamn same.

Yeah i said it. Where's my 75 pound WoW shoulderpads

Heavy Dro is the most WoW like, imo.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Fargin Icehole posted:

My glass-gilded buoyant armiger, my backwoods bone barbarian, and my poophut rag shaman wonder what game ur even playinggggg

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

If you actually have Armiger I'm going to kill you until you die from it.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Trustworthy posted:

My glass-gilded buoyant armiger, my backwoods bone barbarian, and my poophut rag shaman wonder what game ur even playinggggg

Pictures dude!

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Shy posted:

Decided to buy Morrowind and retry the game on an EU server, feels so much better with good latency. Shame about goon presence though!

I'm still playing on the EU server for the same reason. Drop your @ name and I'll invite you to the guild if I have invite powers.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
This game is fun. I looked into the alliance war stuff for the first time last night and got teleported to Cyrodil. I rode my horse around for close to an hour and didn't see a single other player. Harvested a little and then went back to Daggerfall. Well that's my story.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Aramek posted:

If you actually have Armiger I'm going to kill you until you die from it.

I got it out of crown crates. :cool:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

YOU'RE DEAD TO ME, CAN OPENER!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My coworkers had to get me a birthday present and shockingly one of them though I might want crown crates, and it would have been something like $80-100 of crates but they couldn’t figure out a good way to make it a gift.

I got an awesome rare vinyl record instead so it’s fine but I still think “good lord that would have been a poo poo-ton of crates” 😭

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I'm still playing on the EU server for the same reason. Drop your @ name and I'll invite you to the guild if I have invite powers.

@annehathaway thank you

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Snowy posted:

My coworkers had to get me a birthday present and shockingly one of them though I might want crown crates, and it would have been something like $80-100 of crates but they couldn’t figure out a good way to make it a gift.

I got an awesome rare vinyl record instead so it’s fine but I still think “good lord that would have been a poo poo-ton of crates crown poison” 😭

fixed that for you

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Fried Sushi posted:

fixed that for you

haha. That would probably be enough gems to unlock the Outlaw Motif.

My first character, a DW stam DK, is nearing CP160. Aramek was kind to craft training leveling gear for him at CP10. I'm looking for advice on what to do with him. Someone mentioned in guild chat don't bother with PVP until "max level" and I've seen in the thread, don't "level as a tank." I'd like to get into PVP, but don't know if I should do it as DPS or as a tank.

Also, what's a decent way to make money and are there filthy casual friendly trading guilds to sell bits and bobs?

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 21, 2018

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I’ve been to Vivec PVP since like early 20s levels and can do fine in a group. Yeah you can’t probably decide battles, but you can offer support and revive and buffa and have fun.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

MoraleHazard posted:

haha. That would probably be enough gems to unlock the Outlaw Motif.

My first character, a DW stam DK, is nearing CP160. Aramek was kind to craft training leveling gear for him at CP10. I'm looking for advice on what to do with him. Someone mentioned in guild chat don't bother with PVP until "max level" and I've seen in the thread, don't "level as a tank." I'd like to get into PVP, but don't know if I should do it as DPS or as a tank.

Also, what's a decent way to make money and are there filthy casual friendly trading guilds to sell bits and bobs?

There's a trade guild called The Scheming Skeevers someone turned me on to, they let me in so they'd let anyone in. Have a guy in Coldharbour and aren't militants on rules. Search them out on Google and contact that guy it tells you to in game with mail and you should get to selling your stuff fast.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Vahakyla posted:

I’ve been to Vivec PVP since like early 20s levels and can do fine in a group. Yeah you can’t probably decide battles, but you can offer support and revive and buffa and have fun.

Be aware that fully tricked out dudes will explode your rear end in like literally one hit. Which is no big deal, you can still grab points or whatever, just know that you can basically have your lunch eaten at will and be fine with that. Game throws a lot of stuff at you PvPing, so it's always worthwhile if you are having fun.

Which reminds me, do we have any werewolves? I need that inside me.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Mulva posted:

Which reminds me, do we have any werewolves? I need that inside me.

A few yeah, just ask in guild chat or hit me up if I'm online (@Count_VonCount).

Speaking of which, somehow I kept the Sanies Lupinus status effect even after completing Hircine's quest and getting Lycanthropy, so the NPC is still hanging around and bugging me about starting the quest even though I'm a lvl 10 WW :shrug:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Well, suppose I should join the guild then. I am @Boogaleeboo.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Dely Apple posted:

There's a trade guild called The Scheming Skeevers someone turned me on to, they let me in so they'd let anyone in. Have a guy in Coldharbour and aren't militants on rules. Search them out on Google and contact that guy it tells you to in game with mail and you should get to selling your stuff fast.

Thanks for this. :v:

count_von_count posted:

A few yeah, just ask in guild chat or hit me up if I'm online (@Count_VonCount).

Speaking of which, somehow I kept the Sanies Lupinus status effect even after completing Hircine's quest and getting Lycanthropy, so the NPC is still hanging around and bugging me about starting the quest even though I'm a lvl 10 WW :shrug:

Are there any guides for vampire or werewolf that aren't a few years' old? Also, is vampire more like the transforming vampires in Skyrim or the usual ES ones? Is one more fun or better than the other in ESO?

When I play ES or other games like it, I roll and "evil" character to do things like the dark brotherhood quests, become a monster, etc.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Add on chat: i tried Srendarr for buffs but did not love it. Too much UI with too many things I don’t care about. Is there a way to set up a small set of icons that appear when my core buffs are active? Like dark souls - simple primitive icons, nothing fancy that all muddies together.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Add on chat: i tried Srendarr for buffs but did not love it. Too much UI with too many things I don’t care about. Is there a way to set up a small set of icons that appear when my core buffs are active? Like dark souls - simple primitive icons, nothing fancy that all muddies together.

Action Duration Reminder pretty much this. Advanced UI has a pretty good buff tracking thing, too.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Sounds like you didn't bother to check the settings. You can change what kinds of icons pop up with srendarr.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Sounds like you didn't bother to check the settings. You can change what kinds of icons pop up with srendarr.

I decided to post here first and let someone do the thinking/knowing for me

Trap sprung I am the puppet master

(Thanks scy)

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MoraleHazard posted:

Thanks for this. :v:

Are there any guides for vampire or werewolf that aren't a few years' old? Also, is vampire more like the transforming vampires in Skyrim or the usual ES ones? Is one more fun or better than the other in ESO?

When I play ES or other games like it, I roll and "evil" character to do things like the dark brotherhood quests, become a monster, etc.
Vampire just has one quest and gives greater benefits/downsides the more, uh, Vampiric you are. If you feed you keep your Vampire level low (not skill level, just degree of vampirism), if you don't feed and you use your Vampire skills you move to a higher level. So for most people this just means not feeding at all and getting to max vampirism for max stam/mag regen. Downside is less health regen and a penalty to fire resist.

I'm sure it can be fun, but min/maxers are going to do very little vampiring.

I've never been a werewolf so maybe someone more knowledgeable can weigh in, but their skills are built around actually transforming which takes an ultimate spot. Its probably more fun in that you actively use it, but I'm not sure how useful it is. They do get buffs to give other werewolves, so the idea of running as a pack sounds like it could be fun.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

WW used to give you more stamina Regen. But then they made it so you had to have the WW ult slotted to get it to work.

But the WW ult is horrifically bad, so nobody should ever ever use it.

Thus, WW doesn't do anything.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I guess Werewolf is viable enough in PVP that I've heard of people doing it, but it's almost never useful enough to justify taking up an Ultimate slot, and you have to max out the whole skill tree for it to be any good at all. I do think it's fun for solo content and more casual stuff (I loved racing through dungeons, doing flying body presses into crowds of weak enemies, and devouring bodies to stay transformed), and unlike vampire there's no downside for simply having it, so I'd still say go ahead and be a werewolf if you have a stamina build and you really want to be a werewolf. Just don't expect great things.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Any of you knowledgeable folks feel like sharing some currently compatible and useful/fun addons?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

should I go fishing for perfect roe or just grind money and buy it

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

How hard are group delves? I can solo most public dungeon bosses and trash packs.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

Coming back to give this game a try. Could I get an invite @mincedgarlic? (PC NA)

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

MH Knights posted:

How hard are group delves? I can solo most public dungeon bosses and trash packs.

I'd say slightly harder than public dungeons, and the bosses are at the level of weaker normal group dungeon bosses. Soloable if you're a stamsorc or something else that's good at not dying.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

I'd say slightly harder than public dungeons, and the bosses are at the level of weaker normal group dungeon bosses. Soloable if you're a stamsorc or something else that's good at not dying.

Definitely not a stamBlade! I just sprinted to the skyshards, died, rezzed, collected the skyshard, and sprinted back to the door with little issue. Maybe someday a group will get organized to do them properly.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Ok I just want to know what the gently caress I'm missing with PvP, especially BGs. It seems to almost entirely consist of:

-Nightblades that can drop you from 100-0 in the duration of a stun, even with heavy armor. If they don't, they can stealth away and try again.

-People running perma block builds that can heal through 4 people's damage and never run out of stamina. They somehow also seem to be able to burst you down at will despite being so tanky.

-Magsorcs with infinitely spammable shields that can stack 5 dots on you from 30 yards away and instagib you.

Meanwhile I'm on my loving Stamsorc and PvP is the only thing that makes me feel underpowered. It seems like every other class has these clutch abilities, while all I've got is a streak that I can use once to stun and reposition slightly before I die. I've tried every weapon combo possible and watched all the youtubes and all the builds seem to perform like poo poo compared to what other classes can pull off with their skills. I've also literally never seen another stamsorc in BGS since I started playing them.

So I give up. Is there some stamsorc Pvp build that doesn't feel like you're just playing support/stealing kills from the better PvP classes? I loving love it in PvE but I'm thinking of just giving up on PvP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Nightblades are balanced, idk what you mean.