Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lurdiak posted:

Don't make me post the kid kicking the raptor.
Its one scene and there are a lot of neat set pieces in the movie to make it a good movie, but not nearly the classic that JP is.

That and Peter Posthelwaife is awesome in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

twistedmentat posted:

And yea, I have no idea what they're trying to do with Venom. They clearly want to sell it more "hey here's a mysterious movie starring Tom Hardy!" and not scare off the people who aren't into comic movies. But they want to also keep the comic book audiance because for some reason Venom is really popular outside of a Spider-Man villain. At least Black and Silver could of been an interesting Spy/Heist movie. I bet Marvel would have let them use AIM or Hydra as the target.

Man I want some god drat Bee Keeper AIM guys.

Don't forget they already did do AIM, sans bee keeper outfits. AIM was Guy Pearce's company in Iron Man 3.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Nah, all film children that stow away on dangerous trips are terrible. It's a stupid trope.

I think writing off the coolness of having a badass black girl who fights dinosaurs because she was a stowaway is a bad take personally

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

I think writing off the coolness of having a badass black girl who fights dinosaurs because she was a stowaway is a bad take personally

I just hate all children in film.

ALL OF THEM.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I just hate all children in film.

ALL OF THEM.

That obnoxious razor scooter kid in 13 Ghosts absolutely needed to be eaten by ghosts instead of outrunning them on his loving razor scooter and that is one of the many, many reasons I will never respect that infuriating movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SlimGoodbody posted:

That obnoxious razor scooter kid in 13 Ghosts absolutely needed to be eaten by ghosts instead of outrunning them on his loving razor scooter and that is one of the many, many reasons I will never respect that infuriating movie.

Stupid Timothy in JP1 and his I CAN'T CLIMB DOWN THE FENCE NOW bullshit is the worst but yeah, the 13 Ghosts kid is insufferable. Maybe the worst ever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lobok posted:

Don't forget they already did do AIM, sans bee keeper outfits. AIM was Guy Pearce's company in Iron Man 3.

They could still be around though!

Rhyno posted:

Stupid Timothy in JP1 and his I CAN'T CLIMB DOWN THE FENCE NOW bullshit is the worst but yeah, the 13 Ghosts kid is insufferable. Maybe the worst ever.

That kid from Avalanche is better than him.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm still hoping that when the Jurassic World: Forgettable Subtitle trailer showed what looked like the entire plot and high points it was a cunning swerve for an act 2 twist. Chris Pratt wakes up a million years later as an exhibit in Millenial Park.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
In my proposal for a Jurassic Park sequel the raptors run the park and have to deal with vicious escaped humans, including that most lethal species, black teenage girls.

Clever girl, RaptorMuldoon says, before being kicked out the window.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Get the gently caress out of here if you don’t like 13 ghosts. That movie owns, dumb kid included.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

What's the next big thing that could get us a real Infinity War trailer? Its literally 2 months away at this point, you'd think they'd have kicked in high gear now that Black Panther is out. Maybe they're busy recutting trailers to make sure all the poo poo they love from BP is in Infinity War.

A Wrinkle In Time, perhaps?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Get the gently caress out of here if you don’t like 13 ghosts. That movie owns, dumb kid included.

Slashed up girl ghost resulted in so many confused boners. Also the heavily edited for TV versions is amazing.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've never seen 13 Ghosts but I've always been aware of it as one of the fascinating-looking "grown-up" movies at an old local department store that's lodged itself in my mind all these years (others included Face/Off, Red Dragon, Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday and, for some reason, The Madness of King George).

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Rhyno posted:

Stupid Timothy in JP1 and his I CAN'T CLIMB DOWN THE FENCE NOW bullshit is the worst

Counterpoint he then got electrocuted and the schadenfreude is palpable.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I feel like Shane Black's got a good handle on nonannoying kids.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But even he made Iron Man 3.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The kid in that wasn't really annoying

Mainly because Tony constantly dunked on him

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
He knew exactly what he was doing with that kid.

Also that kid is not annoying. He stops just short of it, but he stops.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That whole act is boring and annoying even if the kid isn’t the only reason why.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This discussion makes me wanna rewatch The Nice Guys

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/nerdypoc/status/968244632776790017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's Blackagar Boltagon bad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Surprisingly her real name is Minnagar Ervagon.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Nah, it's no worse than Mar-Vell really.

Looking up info for the character, I could see them using that as framework to create an interesting ally or villain (or both). I'm hopeful here.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Aphrodite posted:

I actually kind of love the running Kree gag of having all their alien names be homophonic versions of English words: Mar-Vell, Minn-Erva, Att-Lass, Bun-Dall, Ra-Venn, etc. It's so comic-book stupid. I wish they'd kept it up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's been great on Humans and the whole 5 minutes she was on screen in TF5. Down for this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamesman posted:

Nah, it's no worse than Mar-Vell really.

Looking up info for the character, I could see them using that as framework to create an interesting ally or villain (or both). I'm hopeful here.

Mar-Vell is also Blackagar Boltagon bad.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Blackagar Boltagon is legitimately the best. Sure, you can never use it outside of the comics but IN comics it's fantastic.

QUESTION:
Is there a comic book movie from the Big Two that has pulled from comics released as close to the movie as Black Panther? The Ta-Nehisi Coates / Brian Stelfreeze run on Panther is an obvious influence on the movie and those issues only started coming out in the summer of 2016.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
brubaker's winter soldier arc started in 05? thats the most recent i can think of

when was extremis a thing in iron man?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

site posted:

brubaker's winter soldier arc started in 05? thats the most recent i can think of

when was extremis a thing in iron man?

2005 for extremis I believe, it was right before Civil War.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Black Order were introduced in 2013 and will be major characters in Infinity War. That's a pretty impressive turnaround from book to screen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lobok posted:

Blackagar Boltagon is legitimately the best. Sure, you can never use it outside of the comics but IN comics it's fantastic.

QUESTION:
Is there a comic book movie from the Big Two that has pulled from comics released as close to the movie as Black Panther? The Ta-Nehisi Coates / Brian Stelfreeze run on Panther is an obvious influence on the movie and those issues only started coming out in the summer of 2016.

Age of Ultron comic was spring/summer 2013, Age of Ultron movie was spring 2015.

It was announced under that title a month after the comic storyline ended.

Though of course that's just a name.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aphrodite posted:

Age of Ultron comic was spring/summer 2013, Age of Ultron movie was spring 2015.

It was announced under that title a month after the comic storyline ended.

Though of course that's just a name.

Yeah that's one I'm not sure about because I didn't read it. Other than the title did that storyline seem to affect or appear in the movie at all?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Codependent Poster posted:

The Black Order were introduced in 2013 and will be major characters in Infinity War. That's a pretty impressive turnaround from book to screen.

That's probably from the other direction though, that was halfway into the MCU and they knew they were heading to Infinity War. I could see something coming down saying "He needs some henchmen"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

It's not like there are many Classic Ms Marvel villains to draw from, this is pretty much as good as youre going to get if you can't access Mystique. I'm expecting Yon-Rogg too, but I was also expecting Moonstone as well.

You know, what if Captain Marvel is the JJJ intro movie?

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/925819-mark-hamill-and-james-gunn-twitter-exchange-hints-at-guardians-3-role

This would be pretty cool, as Hamill is a big comics nerd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lobok posted:

Yeah that's one I'm not sure about because I didn't read it. Other than the title did that storyline seem to affect or appear in the movie at all?

Oh no, not even close.

Age of Ultron is a time travel gone awry story.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Oh no, not even close.

Age of Ultron is a time travel gone awry story.

If I remember correctly isn't it the first indication that time was broken due to like...everything?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The result of Age of Ultron was supposed to make time travel impossible or something.

Then Bendis used some in X-Men.

Bendis wrote Age of Ultron.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Ugly In The Morning posted:

2005 for extremis I believe, it was right before Civil War.

are all 3 from 05? lol

this made me check wiki looks like cw was 06 so i guess that wins out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Bane's first comic-book appearance was 1993 and he was in a movie in 1997.

• Locked thread