Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
That Bright Eyes song was by far the most horrifying thing in this episode of the zombie show TWD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
judith eat the paint

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tortuga posted:

That Bright Eyes song was by far the most horrifying thing in this episode of the zombie show TWD.

Yeah that music was poo poo during the montage, phreow

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Tortuga posted:

The montages are just so lazy, bad music or not, and they keep loving doing them. This one was even worse than the stupid sandwich one.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Tortuga posted:

I enjoyed Easy Street more than whatever that garbage was.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

ProperCoochie posted:

This really took me by surprise. I enjoyed it and began singing along, it fit with Carl's last day. I've been thinking on it and I'm wondering if we'll hear more Bright Eyes this season.

The song we heard was the first on the album "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning" and I'm wondering if in the Season 8 Finale, we'll hear the last song from that album, "Road to Joy"

Some fitting lyrics for a war and its end:

yea i wonder if something on this show will be coherent, have continuity and or indicate artistic touch

no probably not

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Set poo poo on fire and play the billy goats WOOO

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/MWy6eo7.gifv

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'd be happy to see Morgan go. He started out as one of the only relateable relatively normal human in the beginning of the show and got transformed first into an over the top insane guy and now he's a magic monk guy or whatever who can kill anything, zombies or humans, with a simple tap of the stick to their head. Like seriously, in a lot of the kills he does you can tell he's not even putting any force into it. You can't even fall back on the "well the zombie bones are weak now" because he does it to alive humans too.

Anyway that episode was so boring and stretching it out like that took out any of the little emotional attachment to coral I had left. Like 20 minutes in I just wanted them to get it over with but they kept going for another hour.

The actor is also decent and I would rather him ply his trade in something with actual value.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

The last shot of Rick under the tree with stained-glass, sweat level 80%- what was that? It seemed familiar but last season was long ago and was overwritten in my brain with other trash in intervening months.

I mean if there weren't so much IRL corroboration of Carl leaving I'd be thinking it meant the whole Carl death was a fever dream. But then so would be the assault. But then Carl managed a sunny last day of letter writing in the day before the war so I don't even know what I'm watching anymore.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If instead of saying generic nice things Carl went off about things bad about the show and characters it would have been a much better episode.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Remy Marathe posted:

The last shot of Rick under the tree with stained-glass, sweat level 80%- what was that? It seemed familiar but last season was long ago and was overwritten in my brain with other trash in intervening months.

I mean if there weren't so much IRL corroboration of Carl leaving I'd be thinking it meant the whole Carl death was a fever dream. But then so would be the assault. But then Carl managed a sunny last day of letter writing in the day before the war so I don't even know what I'm watching anymore.

The way they deal with time in this show is loving nauseating. All these flashbacks, different timelines, fever dreams, camera closeups staring at actor's loving eyes all the drat time.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Barreft posted:

The way they deal with time in this show is loving nauseating. All these flashbacks, different timelines, fever dreams, camera closeups staring at actor's loving eyes all the drat time.

It's pretty bad.

And yet we watch.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Remy Marathe posted:

I was hoping Michonne would pull out her katana while Carl was babbling and put him down in a mercy killing. Mercy for the viewers, that is.

This show seems to be suffering the same sort of 'premise fatigue' as late-seasons Dexter. As if the writers are trying so hard to keep themselves engaged they forget the audience needs to be entertained too.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
100% in the Dexter/Falling Skies hatewatch box for me now. I'm enjoying it more now that I've let go. How ridiculous can it get? Lets find out!

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

The turning point for this show was somewhere around season 4 or 5, I think, when it became actually dumber than the threads about it. But even then it was still somewhat entertaining in a so bad it's good way. The last two(?) seasons have just been dirty dreary people being miserable, interspersed with terrible action scenes. This episode was exactly as bad as I thought it would be, complete with flashbacks, flash-forwards/visions/fever dreams/whatever the gently caress and, worst of all, people crying and monologuing at each other for 40 minutes. You knew this was coming, because the writers don't know how else they can convey the gravity of a major character dying.

Anyway, here's a gif of Gavin's escape:

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Question for the room: What was the last episode of this dumb show you would consider good or at least that you enjoyed?

For me it was the episode with John Carroll Lynch. That was like three years ago.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

clown shoes posted:

Question for the room: What was the last episode of this dumb show you would consider good or at least that you enjoyed?

For me it was the episode with John Carroll Lynch. That was like three years ago.

The episode where the dumb kid and dumb mom get the poo poo eaten out of them while Alexandria was overrun was a good episode, also the initial episode where they were trying to divert that horde

but those were the only ones in a looooooooooong time

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

clown shoes posted:

The episode where they moved the herd...that was it for me. Which episode was that?

The last three seasons have been the same dumb plot over and over in the same place (Alexandria) so the episodes are starting to run together. At least in the earlier seasons, they were in different locations which make it easier to figure what was going on.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

15 Apr. 2018 Episode #8.16
The communities join forces in the last stand against the Saviors as all-out war unfolds.

lol this won't be the end

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

this entire season has been dubbed all out war and the finale is only when it actually happens, and it'll probably be a cliffhanger to allow for next season to open with ~×∆•all out war•∆×~

yeah that's on par for TWD

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
walking dead seeing how many times they can do the same script a la transformers

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The finale is 100% going to be a cliffhanger with Rick deciding to kill or spare Negan followed by another eight episodes of people monologuing about whether it was the right choice.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

clown shoes posted:

I can't remember the episode, but the first half of the season when they discovered/got to Alexandria had some pretty good episodes and then the show never had a good one after that.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

clown shoes posted:

Glenn’s death. Not the baseball bat one but the one where he was visually torn apart on screen (or so we thought). It was a quick out of nowhere death of a main character and for a moment I thought that the show runners were really throwing a curveball at us. But in the end that fakeout death just proves the showrunners were going for cheap stunts and ratings rather than a satisfying story

The show has always been a mixed bag (even season 1 which isn’t as great as everyone says) but season 6 is really where things get intolerable.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
like I'm gonna try to make gifs tonight but it's such a boring premiere

I got bored just finding good source material last night and usually the potential for comedy keeps me going

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I haven't watched this season, but all I can hope is that the actress who plays Maggie doesn't get a renewed contract for next season and this season ends with killing her off as well. Hopefully that will cause more people to stop watching.

Oh what am I saying-people will only stop watching if Darryl is ever killed off. This loving show.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

nwin posted:

I haven't watched this season, but all I can hope is that the actress who plays Maggie doesn't get a renewed contract for next season and this season ends with killing her off as well. Hopefully that will cause more people to stop watching.

Oh what am I saying-people will only stop watching if Darryl is ever killed off. This loving show.

Isn't she attached to a new show?

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

nwin posted:

For as little screen time Daryl gets you could easily just phase him out and nobody the wiser. Kind of like Henry in The Americans.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Glenn’s death. Not the baseball bat one but the one where he was visually torn apart on screen (or so we thought). It was a quick out of nowhere death of a main character and for a moment I thought that the show runners were really throwing a curveball at us. But in the end that fakeout death just proves the showrunners were going for cheap stunts and ratings rather than a satisfying story

The show has always been a mixed bag (even season 1 which isn’t as great as everyone says) but season 6 is really where things get intolerable.

I liked that episode too, for the bits where Michonne and Heath are trying to get the injured Alexandria people back home, and there’s the one guy that got bitten, but he was trying to stick it out and get back to say goodbye to his wife.
Though of course none of the randos make it home except Scott, who has really come into his own as an integral background space-filler!

E: we should change the thread title to ‘All-Out War to end All-Out Wars’

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 27, 2018

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

clown shoes posted:

Isn't she attached to a new show?

Yeah, but one of the head guys in TWD said they are 'still in contract negotiations'.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Holy poo poo at the leisurely pace it took for Carl to turn. I would have laughed if it happened during the montage with Judith.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
TWD has pulled 'pointless death' so many times now that it's lost all meaning.
The most memorable ones tied into a larger narrative, but it seems whoever is writing this dreck has given up ages ago but every now and then there's an aspiring intern.

Offing Carl just seems spiteful at this point to both actor and audience.

Eg - Shane, Hershel, Bob, Sophia.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

I liked that episode too, for the bits where Michonne and Heath are trying to get the injured Alexandria people back home, and there’s the one guy that got bitten, but he was trying to stick it out and get back to say goodbye to his wife.
Though of course none of the randos make it home except Scott, who has really come into his own as an integral background space-filler!

E: we should change the thread title to ‘All-Out War to end All-Out Wars’

There was a character called Heath?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Heath is probably gonna have an appearance this half season

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Morgan and Carol’s murder spree good
Morgan ripping the guy’s intestines out of his body while still alive insane

The rest of the episode was poo poo

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Heath is probably gonna have an appearance this half season

nah gotta give it 7 seasons, like Morales

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

I agree. I quit watching at the start of this season and checked in (read a recap) to see what had happened since I stopped watching and the answer is "Carl died and nothing else" so lol

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

8 Apr. 2018
Episode #8.15
With the threat of the Saviors still looming, Aaron continues searching for allies; Daryl and Rosita take action and confront an old friend.

I feel like this is Heath or Eugene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

clown shoes posted:

There was a character called Heath?

No. I misspoke. They had a disastrous outing trying to find a box of Heath bars. Carl really wanted more candy.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 27, 2018