Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Don Dongington posted:

Lol NBN Co shat out a report that claims that bandwidth needs for Australian homes won't surpass 50mbit by 2026.

I’m on 100mbit FTTP and in the evening that slows right down. It’s okay for two people, but I wouldn’t imagine it’d be great for an entire family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
That's a separate issue altogether, related to the dogshit architecture that resulted from the NBN co's lovely negotiations with the ACCC, and then the atrocious CVC pricing scheme.

A lot of the contention and peak slowdown issues would be rectified if the government would treat the NBN as an infrastructure project, rather than demanding ROI by some arbitrary date, and thus totally gimping the performance.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Don Dongington posted:

That's a separate issue altogether, related to the dogshit architecture that resulted from the NBN co's lovely negotiations with the ACCC, and then the atrocious CVC pricing scheme.

The ACCC has so much to answer for the POI debacle.
Rod Sims go gently caress yourself for refusing to take responsibility .

Fun fact: I know Peter Ferris. What was done to him illustrated perfectly how hosed our pollies are, especially the libs.

Also if anyone whinges about the cost of fibre, and points to the roll out cost, remind them that visionstream was forbidden to invoice the government under a certain price (i think it was 4k) even if it only cost them half that. The libs deliberately overpayed our tax dollars and kept the price high to support their fttn rubbish.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
Goddammit. The arctic is warming and is heralding our almost certain doom but because Australia has its head so far up its arse I have barely seen anything about it from the Australian media. You'd think this would count as a planetary emergency, but nope!

A massive gently caress you to all the dickheads who obstructed and denied until we're all hosed.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Don't worry. I think the ALP will get in and at least give us HFC and Fttc

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/unionsaustralia/status/968279327937765377

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

MiniSune posted:

The ACCC has so much to answer for the POI debacle.
Rod Sims go gently caress yourself for refusing to take responsibility .

Fun fact: I know Peter Ferris. What was done to him illustrated perfectly how hosed our pollies are, especially the libs.

Also if anyone whinges about the cost of fibre, and points to the roll out cost, remind them that visionstream was forbidden to invoice the government under a certain price (i think it was 4k) even if it only cost them half that. The libs deliberately overpayed our tax dollars and kept the price high to support their fttn rubbish.

I just read the Delimiter article on Ferris, what a shitshow.

I really hope the ALP follow in WA Labor's footsteps when they finally oust these cretins and conduct a review into the whole thing, and determine whether Turnbull benefited personally from any of the decisions made post-2013. He basically had them sack the entire senior management structure and replaced them with his own mates. I expect he owns shares in at least some of the companies that made bank out of the whole thing, e.g. Telstra.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
https://twitter.com/adamgartrell/status/968299132359098368

Must be nice, Nationals love a loving rent free investment.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I hate when people say "[someone's terrible behaviour] is completely out of character". It's completely stupid.

If they did it, it's obviously within character, unless they've temporarily had a complete nervous breakdown or were doing something in their sleep.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

The Before Times posted:

I hate when people say "[someone's terrible behaviour] is completely out of character". It's completely stupid.

If they did it, it's obviously within character, unless they've temporarily had a complete nervous breakdown or were doing something in their sleep.

So and so was only murdering and eating children for 25 years whilst being a pillar of the community, this murder and cannabalism is completly out of character for them.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

ournalist was directed by his boss to find any story he could that was critical of the Labor Party’s NBN Plan in order to provide “insurance” against attacks on the ABC by the Coalition.

Lol when has that ever worked?

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
Looks like Cash is still on the hook.

https://twitter.com/JohnWren1950/status/968306489881481218

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

:getin:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Hang her.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Sorry - the cops are using the raid to find crimes they didn't do the raid for? I don't understand

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
We still doing this

quote:

MICHAELIA Cash has been questioned in an estimates hearing about whether she was aware of any further sexual harassment complaints against former Nationals leader Barnaby Joyce.

The Jobs and Innovation Minister was asked in Senate Estimates today if she knew of a further six women who had approached a law firm representing West Australian woman Catherine Marriott in her complaint against Mr Joyce with similar concerns.

Labor senator Kimberley Kitching had asked the minister if she or her staff were aware of “discussions” of another six women who had approached Salerno Law with complaints of a similar nature.

News Corp has contacted Salerno Law regarding the claim. The law firm has yet to respond.

Senator Cash said she was not aware of more women approaching the firm with complaints but took the question on notice

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/b..._medium=Twitter

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

bandaid.friend posted:

Sorry - the cops are using the raid to find crimes they didn't do the raid for? I don't understand

The cops raided her office for evidence of one crime, and while going through said evidence discovered other crimes which they are now investigating.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

TheHeadSage posted:

The cops raided her office for evidence of one crime, and while going through said evidence discovered other crimes which they are now investigating.

I found a buzzfeed article. The cop in the video is talking about the investigation into who disclosed government information. I was confused and thought she was on about the raid on the AWU. Cash's office wasn't raided

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Federal ICAC when you're ready and only if it's convenient for you there's no pressure mate

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We just need to narrow the scope of the ICAC so it doesn't turn into a witch hunt.

So uh anything that happened between 10:50 and 10:55 on the fifth Tuesday of 2003 then.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I think home affairs is good because it'll be easier to cut the budget of that one big agency once everyone in the security state realizes domestic terrorism is over as a priority and we can go back to spending money on sweet sweet great power competition

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Man Turnbull fast tracking his properties to NBN as the rest of the country faces further delays is a loving riot.

You couldn't make this up. The foul stench of FYGM liberal politics.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gucci bane posted:

I think home affairs is good because it'll be easier to cut the budget of that one big agency once everyone in the security state realizes domestic terrorism is over as a priority and we can go back to spending money on sweet sweet great power competition

*twiddles dial*

Reduce the securitate apparatus budget? Comrade we have a traitor, send the van around immediately!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

Man Turnbull fast tracking his properties to NBN as the rest of the country faces further delays is a loving riot.

You couldn't make this up. The foul stench of FYGM liberal politics.

I believe infrastructure should always be respected and cherished as it's for the benefit of all.

That being said I wouldn't blame anyone if they took a bus over to that area and chopped the fibre hardline that served the whole area, every month or so.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Why am I seeing articles about David Oldfield again

Why is he on a TV show

Why is this island still floating?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
It's all good guys. Trumble is like 2 news polls away from being spilled, after which time we'll be to occupied with PM Dutton's new infrastructure project

Tortured Refugees to the Node

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There needs to be parties on the day of newspoll no. 30
The bullshit and backpedalling is gonna be hilarious

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
:catdrugs::catdrugs::catdrugs:

quote:

On the surface, the idea that tripping can help cure fascists of their toxic worldviews sounds a little ludicrous, though in reality it's merely an extension of the research highlighted above. In fact, the 2018 study already mentioned is the same that suggested mushrooms might aid the taming or reversal of authoritarian views.

Once again, the increased connectedness to nature brought on by psilocybin seems to directly correlate to the decrease in fascist thinking. The realisation that one is part of nature, as opposed to separate from it, can place dangerous political alignments, which are primarily cerebral and largely removed from nature, under a new light.

Taylor Lyons and Robin L Carhart-Harris, leading experts in their field and conveners of the study, summed up the substance’s potential:

“Our findings tentatively raise the possibility that given in this way, psilocybin may produce sustained changes in outlook and political perspective, here in the direction of increased nature relatedness and decreased authoritarianism."

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

omg look what those wacky kids are up to now

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Don Dongington posted:

It's all good guys. Trumble is like 2 news polls away from being spilled, after which time we'll be to occupied with PM Dutton's new infrastructure project

'Prime Minister Peter Dutton and the cabinet inspect the early stages of construction for the Border Force Northern Protection Line' - October 2019

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

ahaha that owns

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/braddybb/status/968368985061363712

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I had to Google it.

1312 = ACAB = All Cops Are Bastards

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I don't understand how he succeeded in becoming a pepe meme team but it probably is full of channers and a few fake Russian accounts.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Urcher posted:

I had to Google it.

1312 = ACAB = All Cops Are Bastards

Where's the shameful part?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Where's the shameful part?

comparing kids born out of wedlock to a loving cop

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

EoinCannon posted:

There needs to be parties on the day of newspoll no. 30
The bullshit and backpedalling is gonna be hilarious

Turnbull is so cooked he already backpedalled and disavowed the 30 Newspoll thing like, five of them ago

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah this government is in sleepwalk mode and usually it doesn't bounce back especially with the complete lack of policy innovation and willingness to change.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Anidav posted:

Yeah this government is in sleepwalk mode and usually it doesn't bounce back especially with the complete lack of policy innovation and willingness to change.

It's just the small target strategy they've adopted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

We just need to narrow the scope of the ICAC so it doesn't turn into a witch hunt.

So uh anything that happened between 10:50 and 10:55 on the fifth Tuesday of 2003 then.

80% of LNP still brought down.

• Locked thread