Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The new font and graphics are actually p cool and you're all just being a bunch of grumpy old people about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I don’t mind the font and graphics, but that music can gently caress right off.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Alonso is good

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

I got a bit confused for a while with that. The Toro Rosso does indeed sound like an an engine in extreme pain, but to a lesser extent so does the red bull.

Works Renault and McLaren = sweet as a nut.
Force India = ok, not perfect but alright
Red bull = squaaaark judda judda pffft.

I can only say “rofl”

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Honda sounds very weird.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
That ferrari looks and sounds good. I feel dirty for saying that.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

No more Martini livery in F1.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Viva la Williams Stroll Racing 2019

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pirate Radar posted:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Explains why they both needed 2 money drivers and were able to ignore the over 25 thing.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Theophany posted:

Pirate Radar posted:

New force India name looking good.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
“10:22 The FIA's clampdown on 'oil burn' power boosts hasn't gone far enough, says one team boss“

GUESS WHO!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ban Mercedes for cheating

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/134555/first-details-of-f1-tv-shakeup-revealed

It is understood that other ideas being looked at are improving the sound of engines through a new position of on-board microphones, use of music in the race broadcasts and more regular use of a highlights reel to showcase dramatic moments

Holy gently caress Liberty is bad

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Feb 27, 2018

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dudley posted:

Explains why they both needed 2 money drivers and were able to ignore the over 25 thing.

Yeah.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I liked the Martini livery a lot. Bummer. It's difficult to be a Williams fan right now.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Stroll Team Six

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

use of music in the race broadcasts

Highway to the Dangerzone and other 80s power music will loving own. gently caress yeah Liberty.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I liked the Martini livery a lot. Bummer. It's difficult to be a Williams fan right now.

My child, our faith is often tested but we shall remain steadfast. Remember Rexona 16:4 - Then The Stroll said to Paddy Lowe, “Behold, I am about to rain podiums from heaven for you, and the people shall go out and gather a fortnight's portion every day, that I may test them, whether they will walk in my law or not."

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

learnincurve posted:

I don’t mind the font and graphics, but that music can gently caress right off.

Juuust driiiiive

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I support eurobeat blasting a la initial d anytime someone gets into drs range

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats Horner deal? Force the fia/liberty to give them Ferrari or Mercedes engines? Renault already told them to gently caress off what are they trying to do?

Also the renault in that car is the worst sounding one

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Halo14 posted:

Juuust driiiiive
How did SkyF1 end up choosing that loving awful song anyway? Did they figure that since they were poo poo in general*, they might as well pick the shittiest music imaginable for their opening?

Also, do they still have Lewis going NICO HIT ME :qq: in the intro? That was the best part.

*still a million times better than MTV3's F1 coverage in Finland :negative:

ilmucche posted:

I approve of this

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The music will be there like canned laughter, to highlight designated excitement points

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Martini doesn’t pay Williams anywhere near enough money, this is probably gonna be good for them in the long run.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With Liberty trying to turn formula one into something stupid like nascar they could use this song in the intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAl9cchQac

WWE already did it so the dumb americans who watch the sport shouldnt be surprised.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Doc Morbid posted:

How did SkyF1 end up choosing that loving awful song anyway? Did they figure that since they were poo poo in general*, they might as well pick the shittiest music imaginable for their opening?

They thought a loop track of each driver saying 'for sure' was a bit meta.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

With Liberty trying to turn formula one into something stupid like nascar they could use this song in the intro

NASCAR advertising owns, friend.

https://vimeo.com/118208568

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAl9cchQac
F1 was already stupid, Liberty is just turning it into a different kind of stupid

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Martini is an upscale product that loves to sponsor classy British icons like James Bond or Bernie's Formula 1

They want nothing to do with the Fast and the Furious meets Two and a Half Men monstrosity that the Americans are trying to make F1 into

poty fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Feb 27, 2018

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bratches-tv-coverage-revamped-2018-1009385/

""We have this fictitious idea of a 22-year-old person who is not an F1 fan but who has a friend who is an avid friend and tells him to watch [a race]," explained Bratches. "So when that person tunes in, we want them to understand what is going on"

My 28 years old ex followed the race just fine, and she was a fan of Scuderia Ferrari. Singapur was a loving nightmare.

"Bratches also said that fans could expect the sport's first-ever proper marketing campaign – with previous supremo Bernie Ecclestone never seeing the benefit of investing his money in doing so.

"We will have our first marketing campaign for F1," said Bratches. "The concept of it is 'engineered insanity'"

Next the drivers wont be called drivers, they will be called sport entertainers

"We are also rebuilding our website. We've a brand new eSports platform. There will be four fan festivals this year. We are detonating the fan zones at GPs.

Liberty did 9/11

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-i-dati-promuovono-il-passo-piu-lungo-della-sf71h-1009284/

I dont read really well italian but it seems to me that the longer ferrari works like they predicted?

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Feb 27, 2018

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I can't wait for the wider roll out of the onboard champagne bottle camera angle as Lewis Hamilton's mouth overflows with foamy liquid as I climax.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Is that too long for a thread title?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Sean Bratches is a probable lizard person who speaks a marketing drone dialect of Ronspeak, but if Liberty manage to give us a half-decent streaming platform (preferably one that works in Finland with or without a VPN) I'll excuse all the dumb poo poo they've ever said.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Doc Morbid posted:

How did SkyF1 end up choosing that loving awful song anyway? Did they figure that since t

Didn't the BBC end their final season coverage with it, and Sky have no imagination?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ilmucche posted:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Music should be appropriate to the country they are visiting. Red Army Choir and Hell March for Sochi.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
As predicted McLaren are trying to rope in a sponsor by strapping on hypersofts and topping the time sheet

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

Didn't the BBC end their final season coverage with it, and Sky have no imagination?

Nah, it was the first of their properly good season wrap up videos. 2010 iirc. Sky didn't get the rights until a few years later.

Also, during 'Senna Week' they ham-fistedly edited the lyrics of the song for all the programming that week, which was weird as hell because the lyrics have already been changed for TV broadcast ('died a thousand times' is changed to 'lived a thousand times').

Theophany fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Feb 27, 2018

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Thanks Ants posted:

Pretty much, all Brits have terrible taste in music and are Massive Frauds.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_9oS4UdCL8

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
F1 should just do that intro where every WDC was a monster or we that some US tv company did.

• Locked thread