Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Prada isn't just a fan of minimalism, they're apparently also the physical embodiment of it. Some people find Jesus...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Or... Fun idea here folks, use whatever you've got or can get your hands on so you don't live like monks, then change and adapt what you've got when you understand its shortcomings.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

there wolf posted:

In one ear, out the other. You should go pick up that Konmari book as well, pay special attention to the parts where the author explains how being an obtuse, judgemental dick about people's relationships with stuff made people really dislike her.

You're reading your own internal narrative about a person, not the words that are in the post. Hth.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I don't get why people are so desperate to dunk on Prada Slut. They've even said that their method/theory/lifestyle/whatever isn't for everyone and that's okay.

Like, what's really wrong with not accepting a hand-me-down couch and waiting a week or two to suss out what you really want? That really is how we wind up having so much poo poo that we don't really want.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Because he gleefully dunks on people who post pictures of their homes, insults them and calls them hoarders for such disgusting behaviour as having things on a coffee table, and once told me that I wasn’t trying hard enough if I couldn’t feed a family of six in a kitchen with no cupboards. That’s why.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Or... Fun idea here folks, use whatever you've got or can get your hands on so you don't live like monks, then change and adapt what you've got when you understand its shortcomings.

is it possible that the answer is somewhere in between 'hoard like tables will be illegal tomorrow' and 'embrace the gray featureless void'?

nah

also i bought a rug and it really ties the room together.

i'm thinkin about getting these because they are extremely my aesthetic and i do not care who makes fun of me about it

https://us-shop.nanoleaf.me/products/nanoleaf-light-panels-rhythm-kit

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

PRADA SLUT posted:

If you’re truly set on minimalist, I have some advice from my own failings to decorate it over the years. This isn’t so much a design post but a philosophical one.

As someone trying to cut back a lot this was a good effort post. I've also read the tidying book and loved it.

poo poo's hard to put into practice. My SO is much more minimalist than me after having to learn how to put his life in a pack for life at sea.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
I appreciate PRADA SLUT's minimalist philosophy because it gets me to think about de-cluttering my life. It's never something I'll fully achieve, though. Not even close.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

learnincurve posted:

Because he gleefully dunks on people who post pictures of their homes, insults them and calls them hoarders for such disgusting behaviour as having things on a coffee table, and once told me that I wasn’t trying hard enough if I couldn’t feed a family of six in a kitchen with no cupboards. That’s why.

Don't get me wrong, Prada Slut has made some lovely, lovely posts in the past.

But these aren't those posts.

You folks coming out of the woodwork to try and dunk on Prada are just coming across as a bunch of shrill reactive jerks because you're showing that you aren't responding to content, but instead to your mental image of the person delivering the content.

None of y'all are gonna successfully achieve minimalism when you let someone else live in your head rent free like this.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Deviant posted:

is it possible that the answer is somewhere in between 'hoard like tables will be illegal tomorrow' and 'embrace the gray featureless void'?

nah

also i bought a rug and it really ties the room together.

i'm thinkin about getting these because they are extremely my aesthetic and i do not care who makes fun of me about it

https://us-shop.nanoleaf.me/products/nanoleaf-light-panels-rhythm-kit

loving neutrals :argh:

Also those light panels are awesome but enough to make a proper statement looks quite expensive. I'd definitely want them wrapping from the wall to the ceiling.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

cakesmith handyman posted:

loving neutrals :argh:

Also those light panels are awesome but enough to make a proper statement looks quite expensive. I'd definitely want them wrapping from the wall to the ceiling.

Yeah, i'm probably gonna grab 2-3 extra packs and the flex connectors on their site to do a corner accent. but i love anything that lights up and can be made to look like an 80s synthwave video. i acknowledge this is terrible.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 27, 2018

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Expecting Prada to be anything other than an obtuse snob with exacting taste and an eye for details is a futile effort and I'm embarrassed at myself for my involvement in it.

That being said, I really want to see the cube.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Dear thread, my boss is covering every surface with stick-on vinyl sheets.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

We're covering up faded warped vinyl flooring. I was just following orders.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

This room is being converted into a library (it's a kindergarten.) The furniture is all handmade. Wait, in the corner, is that... ?!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Yes, it is. These are the doors to the gym/stage.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Where do I get those stickers

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m very confused by that giant wooden wall with the window and that other square thing that looks like a giant pane of glass. Are they parts of a stage set? Look like they are a monumental waste of school resources whatever they are.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The window was a stage prop and the square is empty, it's probably for sliding shoji or to drape fabric for a silhouette quiz. Feel lucky to not see the broken hand-carved marionettes around the corner.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bad Munki posted:

Where do I get those stickers

My dude have you tried aliexpress?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3D-...2821298156.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3D-...2849919938.html

Also if anyone wants some motherfucking wall words Ali has you covered.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Liv...2401261436.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-...2801829058.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AY9...2282787477.html

So many wall words.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/PVC...2761848995.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cre...2768895649.html

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

What the gently caress

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jaded Burnout posted:

What the gently caress

Really livens up the room.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I can't imagine a better conversation piece that a cow skull covered in flowers and feathers advising your guests May the God be with you.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Jaded Burnout posted:

What the gently caress
Seems perfect for those of us going for that cozy mid century modern/Carcosa aesthetic! <3

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

We don't know the baby's sex yet so we're going to paint the nursery matt Yellow King.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Jaded Burnout posted:

I broke the 2300K rule and put recessed lights throughout the house, but that's on the basis that they're there for when I need to loving see please, with lamps and other less glaring lighting for normal use.

whats the 2300k rule

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

underage at the vape shop posted:

whats the 2300k rule

I.. don't remember. I think it was in respond to Bad Munki (and this thread in general) being against recessed lights but I don't remember why I chose that specific colour temperature.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If anyone actually orders from aliexpress, check the dimensions like 3 times because it's not gonna be remotely like the photoshopped pictures.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Jaded Burnout posted:

I.. don't remember. I think it was in respond to Bad Munki (and this thread in general) being against recessed lights but I don't remember why I chose that specific colour temperature.

Whoa now, hold up, I got nothing against recessed lights. I have several in my very own house! Some of my best friends are recessed lights. But please do not make a star field of cans on every ceiling-like surface in your house. Also recessed lighting would have nothing to do with color temp so I dunno!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Hey, what's a good resource on traditional southern indian interior decorating? Pictures of home interiors would be awesome, but my gooogling so far is only showing me modern indian apartments, or slums.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Bad Munki posted:

Whoa now, hold up, I got nothing against recessed lights. I have several in my very own house! Some of my best friends are recessed lights. But please do not make a star field of cans on every ceiling-like surface in your house. Also recessed lighting would have nothing to do with color temp so I dunno!

Yeah you definitely clarified that after, I hold no grudge with you. But you said something like "don't fill your house with them" and I did exactly that :)

I don't think you'd even disagree with the way I've done it, but for whatever reason it was nonetheless in response to your post.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

That decal really tied the room together.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
This reminds me, I've been trying to find some simple canvas hampers for our bedroom and there's so many online that look fine minus the random rear end words on it. I really don't need my hamper to say "My Laundry", "My Hamper", "Plan to Wash", or "Wash today or naked tomorrow".

I just want a medium to dark grey canvas hamper, why is this so hard?!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ouhei posted:

This reminds me, I've been trying to find some simple canvas hampers for our bedroom and there's so many online that look fine minus the random rear end words on it. I really don't need my hamper to say "My Laundry", "My Hamper", "Plan to Wash", or "Wash today or naked tomorrow".

Life is suffering.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Ouhei posted:

I use wirecutter for things like this.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-laundry-basket/

There’s some light canvas on there, might be other colors of the same product.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

As a result of the last page of this thread I now want a nanoleaf light and I have ordered a selection of 3D kitten toilet stickers... This is going to increase the value of my house right?..

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Life is suffering.

Wait, did you find a hamper that says that? Because I want it.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Tomarse posted:

As a result of the last page of this thread I now want a nanoleaf light and I have ordered a selection of 3D kitten toilet stickers... This is going to increase the value of my house right?..

you could have saved some money by printing youre posts instead

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

PRADA SLUT posted:

I use wirecutter for things like this.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-laundry-basket/

There’s some light canvas on there, might be other colors of the same product.

Yeah, I kinda like the sorting one with the canvas bags in it (it's like a nicer version of this cheap rack + bag thing we have now). I've been thinking about getting 3 of these: https://smile.amazon.com/Collapsibl...Y0V0NKDAMD&th=1

I like that they're separate and I can easily grab the one for delicates or whatever and walk it over to the living room. They're also small enough to force us to wash stuff before we have like 6 loads of everything to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I can't parse my emotions on this nonsensical bathroom: