Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I think seeing Agro die was the first time I was nearly brought to tears from a video game. poo poo was sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
God, I love Binary Domain so drat much :allears:

*big robot does big damage to Pat*
"How could a benevolent god allow this to happen?"
"Yeah. ...quickly, shoot thoughts and prayers at it."
"Oh... here's a thought..!" Pat throws a grenade.
beat
It wasn't a grenade, it was a hologram that does nothing. They lose it.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Gt118/status/967893284776562688
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/967900589903437824

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

it's the Bigger Pat theory

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

He looks like weird long Mario...Pat's not meant to be normal-sized

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
He's like a Quebecois Cotton Hill...

Wait a minute, does this mean he's killed fiddy men? :tinfoil:

No wait, he worked in retail for eight years, it's probably more like a hunnert. :v:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
please do not post large pat

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow he's looking great! Good on him for keeping at exercising.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Did Pat's crazy talk activate when he talked about AoT2? He mentioned hard missions to save characters that canonically die, but i cant find that feature mentioned anywhere?

E:nvm found it

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 26, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I rather sympathized with people who argued that the remaster ruined SotC's aesthetics, but I was really brought around by the last Colossus fight.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

This is a cursed picture, please handle with care.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Yeah, I prefer the "faded storybook" artstyle of the original, but the remake looks gorgeous. The shadow of the final colossus(™) when the lightning cracks! :captainpop:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I rather sympathized with people who argued that the remaster ruined SotC's aesthetics, but I was really brought around by the last Colossus fight.

Same. I did feel like the remaster looked fine, but it just being a straight remake felt kinda lame. The Hydrus fight with the new water effects were super nice and made me like that fight a lot more than I used to and Malus looks absolutely amazing in the remake with all of the updated effects. I still prefer the washed out look of the original, but if my only option were the remake I would not be against it.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
You can put it down to technical limits, but the original had this bleak austerity to its graphics that's lost in translation - like a classical Chinese painting versus a photorealist work.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
"Is that a Homestuck?"

Goddamnit.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

"Is that a Homestuck?"

Goddamnit.

when did they say that?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJZbLtbuWKM woolie vs god is my favorite thing on youtube

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Blockhouse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJZbLtbuWKM woolie vs god is my favorite thing on youtube

New wife and kids

better than the old wife and kids:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Pat and Matt robotically bleating "LOVE YOU" in the latest Binary Domain vid almost killed me and the missus. We're still not sure why it's so funny, it just is.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

havenwaters posted:

when did they say that?

Shadow of the Colossus finale.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
God I really loved that SotC playthrough. I really wish the guys would play more games they love and know tons about. Part of my favourite thing of Pat's old playthroughs is him explaining absolutely everything about Dark Souls to Woolie and Resi to Matt. It's great when they get to gush.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nilbop posted:

God I really loved that SotC playthrough. I really wish the guys would play more games they love and know tons about. Part of my favourite thing of Pat's old playthroughs is him explaining absolutely everything about Dark Souls to Woolie and Resi to Matt. It's great when they get to gush.

The Dark Souls playthrough might be my favourite on the channel since the formula of backseat knowledgeable, player clueless is a lot of fun for that kind of game, but it also probably helped a ton that I was doing my first playthrough at the same time.

The Dark Souls 3 playthrough was a lot of fun too for just how excited Pat was at everything.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Pat stole adopted the baby in pillars of eternity.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So uh apparently sega put up Yakuza 6 as a demo in the US and people can plY the full game.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So uh apparently sega put up Yakuza 6 as a demo in the US and people can plY the full game.

yeah but they already took it down. So if you missed it, ya missed it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

havenwaters posted:

yeah but they already took it down. So if you missed it, ya missed it

That is the case indeed.

Unrelated, buuuuuuuuut my girlfriend and I are kinda getting hooked on Virtua Fighter 5, Pat was right. Puyo Puyo is also pretty cool, and Yakuza 6 plays well.
MAN, I wish the Switch had streaming apps already, sucks when the PS4 for some mysteriuos reason must remain unconnected to the internet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wait so if you got the demo immediately, you just have the full game now? gently caress.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Tae posted:

Wait so if you got the demo immediately, you just have the full game now? gently caress.

Pretty much.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That is the case indeed.

Unrelated, buuuuuuuuut my girlfriend and I are kinda getting hooked on Virtua Fighter 5, Pat was right. Puyo Puyo is also pretty cool, and Yakuza 6 plays well.
MAN, I wish the Switch had streaming apps already, sucks when the PS4 for some mysteriuos reason must remain unconnected to the internet.

buy a chromecast or something

That being said I do understand not wanting to do that. You can probably just disable automatic updates and stuff and hopefully it won't download an update to fix the demo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

havenwaters posted:

Pretty much.

buy a chromecast or something

That being said I do understand not wanting to do that. You can probably just disable automatic updates and stuff and hopefully it won't download an update to fix the demo

We have a tiny room, just unplugging the switch's HDMI and instead plugging on a laptop will do.

Someone's deffo gonna get mega fired. AU and EU got the right version up, it's only PSN US that got the full game as a demo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Pat straight up turning into the Alex Jones of animals with this cat/dog talk and toxoplasmosis poo poo it's bafflingly wrong

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Pat straight up turning into the Alex Jones of animals with this cat/dog talk and toxoplasmosis poo poo it's bafflingly wrong

Cats have a symbiotic relationship with toxoplasma gondii where the parasite reproduces in the cat and in return, they reduce the fear/stress impulse in organisms around them so cats hunt better, and it also makes humans more amenable to them because they feel relaxed with cats around. There's the usual hyperbole for entertainment's sake and a few technical errors about how domestication exactly works, but I can't think of anything that was genuinely wrong with what he said.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Woolie desperately searching for ways to bend Monster Hunter to achieve his idiot aesthetic and Pat shutting him down should be a podcast segment. It's like he forgot how video games get made when he left QA.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I swear to God I've heard them talk about it for years now and I still don't know if the toxoplasmosis poo poo is real or not.

I mean I guess it is? At this point? But loving hell that sounds like a made-up thing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

hoobajoo posted:

Cats have a symbiotic relationship with toxoplasma gondii where the parasite reproduces in the cat and in return, they reduce the fear/stress impulse in organisms around them so cats hunt better, and it also makes humans more amenable to them because they feel relaxed with cats around. There's the usual hyperbole for entertainment's sake and a few technical errors about how domestication exactly works, but I can't think of anything that was genuinely wrong with what he said.

Cats do not have toxoplasma gondii by default and being a cat owner doesn't mean you're infected with it too unless you've been huffing five day old cat feces. The research on humans having the same behavioral alterations as infected rodents definitely isn't far along for someone to just state it as its a fact.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The Deleter posted:

Woolie desperately searching for ways to bend Monster Hunter to achieve his idiot aesthetic and Pat shutting him down should be a podcast segment. It's like he forgot how video games get made when he left QA.

Haven't heard the latest version of this, but to be fair "look the way you want" feels like it's becoming a staple feature in MMOs and loot based games. I don't really see why MH couldn't just have cosmetic slots or something - I don't feel like you gain a lot of knowledge from knowing what someone's actually wearing, and even then they could just surface that in some post mission menu.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Oxyclean posted:

Haven't heard the latest version of this, but to be fair "look the way you want" feels like it's becoming a staple feature in MMOs and loot based games. I don't really see why MH couldn't just have cosmetic slots or something - I don't feel like you gain a lot of knowledge from knowing what someone's actually wearing, and even then they could just surface that in some post mission menu.

The thing is MHW does have cosmetic slots. It's just restricted to this one set of pre-order DLC armor for some baffling reason. MHXX even had transmog as a major feature!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I assume armor transmog is just a feature that's gonna be patched in because yeah, it's literally already there with the pre-order set and the Ryu skin you can get.

Neo_Crimson posted:

The Ryu and Aloy skins are just sets of (lovely) armor. Only the Samurai armor is purely cosmetic.

Oh woops :saddowns:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 28, 2018

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Yardbomb posted:

I assume armor transmog is just a feature that's gonna be patched in because yeah, it's literally already there with the pre-order set and the Ryu skin you can get.

The Ryu and Aloy skins are just sets of (lovely) armor. Only the Samurai armor is purely cosmetic.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Saving it for World Ultimate or whatever. They know what they're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Transmog is a confirmed feature coming to a later update. It might be in the big spring update or it might be coming out in the fall in time for the PC release. It's definitely coming, though.

This was mentioned in some translated Tweet that I of course can't locate while writing this post!

Edit: Okay, slight egg on my face. It's not yet been confirmed from any official sources but as transmog was introduced with XX it's very likely to come along in some MHW DLC.

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 28, 2018