Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:laffo:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/968459485810393089

https://twitter.com/fawfulfan/status/968461357094928384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mirthless posted:

It's funny because they realize how badly this policy is loving us (and them) and they're completely powerless to stop it due to the sort of people they had to court to get the majority they have in the first place. A couple of dozen rurals refusing to raise any taxes for any reason (least of all the benefit of public school systems and infrastructure, largely OKC/Tulsa problems) is all it takes to utterly paralyze our government.

maybe oklahoma deserves its fate

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
binch witch

https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/963978544295505922

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Addamere posted:

I had a weird dream last night where I was polishing boots and I polished them so hard I wore a hole in them and it turned out the steel toes were made of meat.

Those were your toes.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!
i hope he asked for more art with him and his Best Friend Jesus

cant get enough of that stuff

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

wasnt there like pictures of this dudes house where some scripture art on his mantelpiece was all hosed up?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

any pro-legalization congressperson should do this

just use that parliamentary immunity to smoke on tv, claim you're engaged in or on your way to engage in official duties if police actually show up about it, and be all like "if i can get away with smoking pot and tell the cops to gently caress off why shouldn't you?"

win in a landslide

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/MattGrossmann/status/968458229951774721

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TMMadman posted:

Those were your toes.

nah it looked more like anatomical drawings of like biceps or thighs or something

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

is there anybody in this administration that doesn't act like a loving gently caress all the goddamn time

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

fits my needs posted:

wasnt there like pictures of this dudes house where some scripture art on his mantelpiece was all hosed up?

poverbs

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

fix your communities white people

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

can't get good quality antique turkish rugs cheap anymore, since... well, you know.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Addamere posted:

any pro-legalization congressperson should do this

just use that parliamentary immunity to smoke on tv, claim you're engaged in or on your way to engage in official duties if police actually show up about it, and be all like "if i can get away with smoking pot and tell the cops to gently caress off why shouldn't you?"

win in a landslide

Would the whole parliamentary immunity work if I became a Congressman and then beat the poo poo out of Paul Ryan in an open session?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

shyduck posted:

is there anybody in this administration that doesn't act like a loving gently caress all the goddamn time

what does your heart tell u

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

fits my needs posted:

poverbs

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lmao an over $5k chair what a fuckhead

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i dont get whats so hard for these decorum idiots to understand about the fact that president kleptocrat mcsmoothbrain won and installed a bunch of grifters into his administration

suck it up and deal with it stop acting like its not expected literally everyone expects it who paid any attention at all during the election cycle which was supposed to be your job idiots

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

fits my needs posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/gallery/2015/nov/07/ben-carson-house-homage-to-himself-in-pictures#img-4

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

fits my needs posted:

fix your communities white people

just a good reminder that exit polls can be poo poo and you shouldn't extrapolate grand political narratives from them

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gently caress everyone who voted to approve this rear end in a top hat

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TMMadman posted:

Would the whole parliamentary immunity work if I became a Congressman and then beat the poo poo out of Paul Ryan in an open session?

there have been historical beatings on the floor of congress and i dont think anyone got charged with crimes over it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

witch hunt? more like *cracks knuckles* snitch hunt

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

shyduck posted:

why do you think they're part of the team to begin with?

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

if I could get the government to buy me an eames lounge chair and ottoman I would too

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Paul Ryan: A Profile in Courage
https://twitter.com/marykbruce/status/968170259533492226

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I remember this man promoting himself as some kind of medical genius, despite being really goddamn stupid.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!
thats a good picture and i would legit buy an art print/litho of this

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

klingon jesus

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

fits my needs posted:

maybe oklahoma deserves its fate

It does, 100%

Oklahoma is going to fail and it's going to fail hard over the next decade. The writing is on the wall. The state is completely tied up in the Oil and Gas industry and our tax base is largely production taxes on oil - some of the lowest such taxes in the country, I might add. We're drawing on a naturally limited resource pool to begin with and we're offering those resources up at a lower cost than anyone else. It's only a matter of time until we run out, and once Oklahoma is out of oil were largely going to be notable for opiate overdoses and meth labs.

If we had half the production tax they're charging in the Bakken, Oklahoma would have no trouble rebuilding infrastructure and shifting to new industries, but we're going to be content collecting pennies right up until there's no more oil left to pump

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
it's supposed to be "Humility is the fear of the Lord;
its wages are riches and honor and life."????

nvm. I see that's what he's got is close to the king james version

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

ymgve posted:

guess what kind of pictures people on reddit used that technique on

they proving they’re not gay by jacking it to bubbled up trump?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

akadajet posted:

I remember this man promoting himself as some kind of medical genius, despite being really goddamn stupid.

he was a brilliant surgeon. everything else, not so much.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

On guns, Senate Republicans looking to House for next steps

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

hey America! Bullying is BACK! :woop:

https://twitter.com/krangtnelson/status/968165293766987776

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Good soup! posted:

klingon jesus

the artist ran out of room on the stop of the picture, so had to move the top of the head in.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Addamere posted:

there have been historical beatings on the floor of congress and i dont think anyone got charged with crimes over it

it was because the person getting beat was an abolitionist op

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

This might be the most egotistical poo poo I've ever seen and Donald Trump is my president.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Remember when Carson was appointed to HUD because the word "urban" and trump thought a black guy should do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Mirthless posted:

It does, 100%

Oklahoma is going to fail and it's going to fail hard over the next decade. The writing is on the wall. The state is completely tied up in the Oil and Gas industry and our tax base is largely production taxes on oil - some of the lowest such taxes in the country, I might add. We're drawing on a naturally limited resource pool to begin with and we're offering those resources up at a lower cost than anyone else. It's only a matter of time until we run out, and once Oklahoma is out of oil were largely going to be notable for opiate overdoses and meth labs.

If we had half the production tax they're charging in the Bakken, Oklahoma would have no trouble rebuilding infrastructure and shifting to new industries, but we're going to be content collecting pennies right up until there's no more oil left to pump

not true, you'll have the earthquakes and flammable tap water from fracking too

• Locked thread