Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mirthless posted:

It does, 100%

Oklahoma is going to fail and it's going to fail hard over the next decade. The writing is on the wall. The state is completely tied up in the Oil and Gas industry and our tax base is largely production taxes on oil - some of the lowest such taxes in the country, I might add. We're drawing on a naturally limited resource pool to begin with and we're offering those resources up at a lower cost than anyone else. It's only a matter of time until we run out, and once Oklahoma is out of oil were largely going to be notable for opiate overdoses and meth labs.

If we had half the production tax they're charging in the Bakken, Oklahoma would have no trouble rebuilding infrastructure and shifting to new industries, but we're going to be content collecting pennies right up until there's no more oil left to pump

the sooner state meets its fate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Good soup! posted:

klingon jesus

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Addamere posted:

i dont get whats so hard for these decorum idiots to understand about the fact that president kleptocrat mcsmoothbrain won and installed a bunch of grifters into his administration

suck it up and deal with it stop acting like its not expected literally everyone expects it who paid any attention at all during the election cycle which was supposed to be your job idiots

do you want them to just not report on it? or just write the same articles but start them all with "As expected,"?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

he was a brilliant surgeon. everything else, not so much.
nah he just used a few significant successes to promote his brand and deflect criticism from all the surgeries he hosed up

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

what does a 5000 dollar chair even look like

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drunkboxer posted:

do you want them to just not report on it? or just write the same articles but start them all with "As expected,"?

yeah

and own their lack of coverage on this poo poo during the election cycle in lieu of fellating access

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Imagine spending $5000 on chairs total in your life, let alone on a single chair

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

like a 700 dollar chair but with more expensive materials

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

it's probably some chair he saw in skymall

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/Maryland4Trump2/status/968125971986513922?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E0

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

skaboomizzy posted:

not true, you'll have the earthquakes and flammable tap water from fracking too

These haven't been so bad lately actually

This is because, even though the official state policy is that Fracking and Wastewater Injection Do Not Cause Earthquakes, our toothless regulatory agency asked our drillers to voluntarily cap a number of injection wells and fearing the place in the spotlight they were occupying those companies complied

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!
remember when hon dr. ben carson lacked the synapses to recognize his own name being said aloud and failed to walk forward when hearing said name he's been conditioned his entire life to respond to

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

shyduck posted:

is there anybody in this administration that doesn't act like a loving gently caress all the goddamn time

If there were they would have gotten the loving sack over the past year.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

love 2 name bills after dick

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Like this: https://www.houzz.com/product/7201732-purple-gen-chair-armchairs-and-accent-chairs

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

tenderjerk posted:

remember when hon dr. ben carson lacked the synapses to recognize his own name being said aloud and failed to walk forward when hearing said name he's been conditioned his entire life to respond to

yeah that was a fun two minutes

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

oklahoma more like oklahomo

sorry

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

LMAO everyone should click that

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

he's so goddamn ugly

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Maryland4Trump definitely real person posting easily debunked poo poo on twitter, what a time to be alive

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I can't imagine Trump running at all

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/dril/status/965363860529131520

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NarchoVig/status/968196862573498368

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

unrepealable lol

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

new kind of cat posted:

he's so goddamn ugly

turn on your monitor

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

https://twitter.com/mkelemen16/status/968476215601373184

:vince:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

UFOTacoMan posted:

LMAO everyone should click that

If i wasn't on a phone i would have dropped the image somewhere and posted it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

hahahahaha

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

muh militia

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Paul Ryan is probably the most cowardly politician I've seen in my lifetime. All the power and opportunity to do almost whatever he wants and he just sits around waiting for his cues like the lackey he is.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

oh my god

this is it... the perfect tweet

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Mirthless posted:

It does, 100%

Oklahoma is going to fail and it's going to fail hard over the next decade. The writing is on the wall. The state is completely tied up in the Oil and Gas industry and our tax base is largely production taxes on oil - some of the lowest such taxes in the country, I might add. We're drawing on a naturally limited resource pool to begin with and we're offering those resources up at a lower cost than anyone else. It's only a matter of time until we run out, and once Oklahoma is out of oil were largely going to be notable for opiate overdoses and meth labs.

If we had half the production tax they're charging in the Bakken, Oklahoma would have no trouble rebuilding infrastructure and shifting to new industries, but we're going to be content collecting pennies right up until there's no more oil left to pump

I bought a house in the Tulsa area a couple years ago when I went through an extended patch of brain brokedness and I hate myself every day for it.

This place is sooooo loving dead. Seems like the suburban trash humans around the cities actively cheer the death of the cities and they think we can milk this oil poo poo until Jesus comes back. And that's not a euphemism for more well-thought-out worldviews. That's a comprehensive breakdown of their politics.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Uh huh. Yes, I'm sure it's 100% impossible to repeal, that such a thing exists.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

trump has probably never had a single puff of the devil's lettuce

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Duscat posted:

this reminds me of the tweet from some NYPD court house a few days ago where an undercover cop begged some random dude to hook him up, and when the victim finally relented and found him $20 worth of drugs, not even making any profit, he got arrested and charged as a dealer

so i guess that'd a death penalty under trpl.smlbvp

One thing they do around here is go to people who take medications, tell them their mother is dying of cancer and is in pain and could you please help her, just sell me a couple pills, and then arrest them as dealers. In some instances they just give them the pills because they're not dealers and just want to help somebody in pain. Bing bong bing, two years' probation, instant felon.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

new hvac system lookin swank

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

DiscountDildos posted:

I bought a house in the Tulsa area a couple years ago when I went through an extended patch of brain brokedness and I hate myself every day for it.

This place is sooooo loving dead. Seems like the suburban trash humans around the cities actively cheer the death of the cities and they think we can milk this oil poo poo until Jesus comes back. And that's not a euphemism for more well-thought-out worldviews. That's a comprehensive breakdown of their politics.

Once they get enough toll roads around Tulsa it will be too expensive for anybody to escape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/Maurice4642522/status/968253388545757185?s=19

Loll

• Locked thread