Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Haven't played any Coop first person murderman games before, but I bought this yesterday to fix the Warhammer shaped hole in my heart, spent a few hours shooting people in the face with my magic homing arrows and this is pretty cool I think.

Looking forward to poke rats with my elf spear with goons, how screwed am I when playing from EU? I have no idea how servers work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I feel like more people play from Europe than America. You'll be fine either way, it's not region locked.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Jimbot posted:

What do you do at the end of the forest mission? What do you align? I didn't look at it before I jumped in because I didn't know you had to manually do it and the game send a billion enemies at you so you can't get a good look once things go down.

There's a couple conduits that are 90 degrees apart on the ground and you have to line up the channels on the three rotating pieces. It's kind of awkward but once you get one in the correct place, it locks in and can't be moved further. Note that it won't automatically lock in so you can accidentally rotate it too far and have to go around again.

Kind of annoying and clunky, and it takes FOREVER while specials drop every 5 seconds and the little rats just cover your vision forever like you said. You pretty much have to stand on one platform at a time and hope a globadier or stormweaver doesn't lob poo poo onto you while someone turns the piece.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Do power levels really do anything outside affect other power levels? Like I know I need more power levels to play harder difficulties, and I assume if I'm a higher power level I get a higher power level loot, but it just seems like this big circular power level number poo poo?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Do power levels really do anything outside affect other power levels? Like I know I need more power levels to play harder difficulties, and I assume if I'm a higher power level I get a higher power level loot, but it just seems like this big circular power level number poo poo?

it increases your damage so you can get into modes where the enemies have increased damage, health, and mass and lets you get gear that increases your damage some more

lol

remember when someone called it a gear grind and someone else said no

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!
Does anyone know how the quick play matchmaking process works? I haven't played the closed beta much but I noticed I ended up being the host and having to wait for three people every time. It will always create / join a party that's in the keep with a 'random' map ready to go? Wouldn't it be better to just put us straight in the loading screen when the match is made and ready to go? You can always goof around in the keep before you press quick play.

e: spelling

sarr fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 27, 2018

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ad by Khad posted:

oh ok

I don't think either of us is benefiting from this discussion so I'm just not gonna engage the rest of what you posted at me. I hope this puts your question to rest.

i mean you missed the point of where you were being a trog and it sounded like you hadn't ever played the game so no it does not put the question to rest at all lol

now i just think you spent 150 of those hours idling in the inn or some poo poo

sarr posted:

Does anyone know how the quick play matchmaking process works? I haven't played the closed beta much but I noticed I ended up being the host and having to wait for three people every time. It will always create / join a party that's in the keep with a 'random' map ready to go? Wouldn't it be better to just put us straight in the loading screen when the match is made and ready to go? You can always goof around in the keep before you press quick play.

e: spelling
quick play will join a party preferentially, though i'm unclear on whether it prioritizes games in progress or games in lobby. ideally you want to join the lobby beforehand so you can change your equipment and stuff though, for whatever reason we no longer have inventory chests at the beginning of levels, so that's important.

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!

Coolguye posted:

quick play will join a party preferentially, though i'm unclear on whether it prioritizes games in progress or games in lobby. ideally you want to join the lobby beforehand so you can change your equipment and stuff though, for whatever reason we no longer have inventory chests at the beginning of levels, so that's important.

Ah, I see. Well I hope they refine it a bit, maybe add a chest like you say at the beginning of the map. All the 'quick play' matches I tried didn't exactly live up to the name since we had to wait for all four people to enter the shadow bubble thing.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I've had quickplay put me in games where my current character was taken, games that were already in progress, and games where there was quite a bit of lag from the host, so I have no idea what it's actually meant to prioritize

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

above all else i feel like the dwarf definitely drew a long straw out of all the characters so i'm happy about that

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
When does progression of items etc start for release

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I love both playing with, and as, Bardin anywhere there are wheat fields. You basically can't see him move around so there's just a rustling in the wheat and enemies occasionally just die or get sent flying.

terrorist ambulance posted:

When does progression of items etc start for release
28th, iirc.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Do Gunners not wind up before firing any longer? This offends me from a gameplay perspective and a setting perspective.

edit: also can someone tell me about the Slayer? I hear about the no ranged weapons thing and sure whatever but does he literally have nothing at all on his Q? No jump or special kick or punch or anything? It would be so bizarre to have a precious common keybind space like Q do nothing for a character.

I write like I'm very down on this game and I do have reservations we're looking at some "fixed what wasn't broken" sort of decisions, but I'm also super psyched that there are two more kinds of dwarf I can play.

SuperKlaus fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 27, 2018

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

SuperKlaus posted:

Do Gunners not wind up before firing any longer? This offends me from a gameplay perspective and a setting perspective.

It seemed to me the bullet stream starts slow then ramps up to max for a couple seconds, but I've only been playing for a couple days so I might be incorrect.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
New Geforce drivers are out for the game

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

SuperKlaus posted:

no--I thought it was a bug until every gunner I saw did it. It's very dumb and goes completely against the way they were originally designed. First impressions are that it's a lot less catastrophic for them to start shooting in the first place, but it can gently caress up your aim immediately which will keep you from stopping it from becoming catastrophic. While I'm griping about specials:

This tiny blob near the crosshair, so far away that I can't even mark it, should not be able to make a whirlwind at that distance and then continue to move away even farther. Basically every weapon is going to be at max damage falloff at that point. And while I'm griping about that: gently caress damage falloff. It is nothing but an unnecessary and heavy handed way to make the ranged careers important, along with slashing ammo counts of every ranged weapon so you can hardly ever use some of them if you aren't a ranged career (20 brace shots is nothing). I'm pretty confident that the whirlwind man will be adjusted but you can't touch what they did to ranged weapons without also changing ranged careers to keep them relevant--they are tied to one another in a bad way and it could take a 1.5-style overhaul to unravel some of this stuff

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

SuperKlaus posted:

edit: also can someone tell me about the Slayer? I hear about the no ranged weapons thing and sure whatever but does he literally have nothing at all on his Q? No jump or special kick or punch or anything? It would be so bizarre to have a precious common keybind space like Q do nothing for a character.

I write like I'm very down on this game and I do have reservations we're looking at some "fixed what wasn't broken" sort of decisions, but I'm also super psyched that there are two more kinds of dwarf I can play.

Gunners have more of a wind-up now than they did in the previous beta phase, but it's still a good deal less than in vt1. I had a couple instances in the previous beta where they'd just show up in my face and start firing immediately, but that's no longer the case.

Slayer gets a second melee weapon. The keybind does what it's always done.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Okay, Slayer is downright broken on nightmare, too. As long as you have chump-enemies to murder you can have freakin' bosses and elites wailing on you and still outpace their damage with temporary health. High critical chance and attack speed is a must, though, and the occasional special will still put you down if you don't see them coming.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah the flying dwarf changes sure as hell did a lot for the concerns about slayer's ability to deal with distance

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Digirat posted:

This tiny blob near the crosshair, so far away that I can't even mark it, should not be able to make a whirlwind at that distance and then continue to move away even farther. Basically every weapon is going to be at max damage falloff at that point. And while I'm griping about that: gently caress damage falloff. It is nothing but an unnecessary and heavy handed way to make the ranged careers important, along with slashing ammo counts of every ranged weapon so you can hardly ever use some of them if you aren't a ranged career (20 brace shots is nothing). I'm pretty confident that the whirlwind man will be adjusted but you can't touch what they did to ranged weapons without also changing ranged careers to keep them relevant--they are tied to one another in a bad way and it could take a 1.5-style overhaul to unravel some of this stuff

Welcome to a day in my life.

Ad by Khad posted:

Gunners have more of a wind-up now than they did in the previous beta phase

This is not true. When they spawn and want to fire, they fire instantly with no windup time. They only wind up if they are stopped or have their weapon jam from laying down suppressing fire for enough time.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Man, the effects for the fireball on Sienna is...lackluster. I had no idea if charging up was for AoE or a stronger hit since the actual fireball has practically no impact when it connects. No small explosion or burst of flame; it just kinda...blips out and you have to infer its properties from how many rats are on fire afterwards.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
For the record, do NOT leap at a gunner as he's firing. Even if you are on a combat high of temp health, you'll still end up stalling in midair and get launched into low orbit by the weapons knockback, killing you via bottomless pits.

Cool way to die, though. Slayer Lyfe 4eva

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

for comparison, i HAVE gotten away with leaping at a warpfire thrower twice, though i'm still unclear on if that was sheer dumb luck or not

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
If you are a slayer and you are not leaping to your death, cursing your team for reviving you when you were so close to death, you don't play right.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The Elf glaive with speed talent and speed on the weapon is loving insane. Barley pulled out my bow the whole match.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Man, the effects for the fireball on Sienna is...lackluster. I had no idea if charging up was for AoE or a stronger hit since the actual fireball has practically no impact when it connects. No small explosion or burst of flame; it just kinda...blips out and you have to infer its properties from how many rats are on fire afterwards.

I'm pretty sure the fire effects aren't done. I've watched them drastically improve over the course of this, and considering all of them look worse than the same effects in V1, they're probably still working on them. You can't even see a lot of fire that other people make.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Are they going to have any kind of head-start thing?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Jimbot posted:

Are they going to have any kind of head-start thing?

It's literally been answered on this page.

Ravenfood posted:

28th, iirc.

Also for whoever was asking about MAN MODE SIENNA: One of Sienna's careers has a talent that reduces overcharge on crits (or headshots, I forget which). Put on a bolt staff and stack crit as high as you can and suddenly you are firing an unending stream of machine gun death and never really running your heat up too much. When a special or stormvermin shows up, railgun them in the face with a charged attack and keep on ATATATATATATATATATA-ing all slaves and clanrats.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

has anyone else noticed that the charged bolt on the bolt staff seems to be calculated server side, so it shows up a fraction of a second after you actually throw it and makes hitting moving targets extremely difficult? or is that just me

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Cowcaster posted:

has anyone else noticed that the charged bolt on the bolt staff seems to be calculated server side, so it shows up a fraction of a second after you actually throw it and makes hitting moving targets extremely difficult? or is that just me

It's got travel time, I think it's slower than crossbow bolts and arrows so there is a bit of a delay.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Does the dwarf have a single melee weapon with light attacks that can hit more than like, 1-2 enemies? It's frustrating as gently caress trying to deal with a horde as him, mostly just sitting there blocking while other characters actually kill things. Trying to heavy attack just gets you poked. Meanwhile as the elf or holy poo poo man you can clear an entire horde in seconds by spamming light attacks while barely even needing to dodge or block. Or is this the realm of SLAYER MODE only for him?

In other news, I crafted a longbow on the elf that has a trait that gains 3 ammo on a crit, and now it has effectively infinite ammo against hordes. It's amazing.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The mace no shield seems to work great for just smashing down a horde

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Testing it on the dummies, Kruber's bow pierces armor better than Elf's. Makes up for the lower accuracy.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've only played Kruber but the Mace + Shield and 2H Hammer are both so FUN

I hated Vermintide 1, but this one just works for me. Not sure why.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh is someone gonna do a new thread where they outline tips for new / dumbs like me

thanks

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Night10194 posted:

Testing it on the dummies, Kruber's bow pierces armor better than Elf's. Makes up for the lower accuracy.

I can't use the bow on him because of the lack of accuracy. Nothing like missing two headshots on a special at medium range thanks to RNG on the accuracy, or watching an arrow fly juuuuust over the heads of an entire horde for the same reason. He's good up close with it, but at that range I'd rather use the repeater instead and not have to worry about aiming as precisely.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's actually more accurate if you snap the shot right before he zooms in.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

So am I the only one who does not see special effects for sienna's attacks, or for chaos sorcerers teleporting?

I just see her push her hands out and then some rats turn white. And CSorcs literally just pop from one place to another with no animation.

edit: I mean, yeah, I'm playing on lowest graphical settings, but... surely there would still be SOME form of graphic..?

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 27, 2018

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

eonwe posted:

I've only played Kruber but the Mace + Shield and 2H Hammer are both so FUN

I hated Vermintide 1, but this one just works for me. Not sure why.

They got a lot right in Vermintide 2. The pace and flow of combat are probably the biggest things for me. Combat feels both chunky + visceral, and smooth at the same time.

Dual daggers all day every day. :ese:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sorcerers are the worst. If they couldn't be out of bounds all the time I would not hate them so.

• Locked thread