Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

without prejudice lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quotey posted:

blind guy probably got somewhere to be, but his dog has just loving STOPPED to see this plant. dude has no clue whats going on.

many such cases!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

My favorite is Trump stepping on a snake which you would think would piss off the DON'T STEP ON ME Tea Party crowd but its fine when he does it

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zeal posted:

we deserve season 3 londo but we'd get season 5 after mitch mcconnell fits him with a Keeper

president season 3 londo would be rad as hell

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Addamere posted:

huge penalty?

like the whole point of the late-game uber tech was that they are the best because gently caress you i got a gorillion science points

120 day cooldown, damage penalty and sublight speed penalty during the cd. still good

Serf
May 5, 2011

Addamere posted:

huge penalty?

like the whole point of the late-game uber tech was that they are the best because gently caress you i got a gorillion science points

yep. now that you can make super-fortress systems in chokepoints, the tech that lets you bypass them is jump drives. they give a penalty to speed and firing rate for a few months after jumping. its not that bad now, since moving fleets normally is slow af, so you can cause a lot of havoc while they scramble to get at you

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is incredibly accurate. case in point:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’m both sheriff Clarke and Rex Tillerson in the crowd

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I can’t quite tell who that’s supposed to be just to the right of the saluting marine

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Addamere posted:

president season 3 londo would be rad as hell

at the very least shadow intervention would wreck north korea

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

what's the big deal with Anor Londo anyway

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!
Lol c'mon ladies:stare:
https://twitter.com/HonoredSpirit/status/968520913980461056

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I can’t quite tell who that’s supposed to be just to the right of the saluting marine

looks like Mattis

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Addamere posted:

are we talking like

season 1 comedy londo

season 2 greedy londo

season 3 hubris londo

season 4 depressed londo

many sides to londo :o:

season 666 anor londo

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

gorsuch

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Serf posted:

yep. now that you can make super-fortress systems in chokepoints, the tech that lets you bypass them is jump drives. they give a penalty to speed and firing rate for a few months after jumping. its not that bad now, since moving fleets normally is slow af, so you can cause a lot of havoc while they scramble to get at you

zeal posted:

there are one-off wormholes and gateways spawned into each galaxy now, in addition to what serf said about late game alternatives
but yeah, the new standard is hyperlanes for all at start, and a bigger emphasis on stellar 'terrain'

what the christ

man the way i used to play the commonwealth was to constantly wormhole between a few enemy systems in the middle of nowhere blowing up their mining platforms and shipyards with missile corvettes not giving a gently caress about enemy response because lol later nerds

now i have to actually give a poo poo about borders and chokepoints?

lame

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think it's Mad Dog Mattis

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

The statute is hosed and contravenes Const'l protections and the Ninth's opinion was an attempt to reconcile previous SupCt holdings.

The whole problem is that the statute is hosed. But it's just like the issue of guns, good luck on getting Congress to do something to clean it up. Doesn't mean people shouldn't try.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

sandoz posted:

If we do not respect the flag enough to fight for what it stands for – liberty, justice, and strength – ...

Imagine how much better the world would be if these dudes got brain pills to make them sane.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

punchymcpunch posted:

extremely not jimmy buffet but the guy who sang the pina colada song but nobody knows who the gently caress that was so lets say jimmy buffet voice: IF YOU EXPERIENCE BIJNA COLADAS

UB40 my man

wait no that’s red red wine.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

oh yeah mattis

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Serf posted:

dang this was always my major beef with stellaris wars, that this couldn't really be done; might have to spin it up again now

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

UFOTacoMan posted:

if you haven't already everyone should spend some time viewing the rest of this artist's work.
http://jonmcnaughton.com/

A small sample:

oh no

trump tread on he

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
i'm on the far right of that painting, i appear to be michael loving flynn

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

hey man get in on the grift while the grifting's good

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

the bitcoin of weed posted:

dang this was always my major beef with stellaris wars, that this couldn't really be done; might have to spin it up again now

You can make an uncrackable fortress system and then have your enemy come along with a weapon that destroys planets, it owns.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

shovelbum posted:

clearcut murderchud

name change please

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
all the chuds know that the snake means immigrants so it's OK

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

ScrubLeague posted:

hey man get in on the grift while the grifting's good

*sips bright green drink with pinky out, makes video supporting man who probably? wants me dead*

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

vote for the actual nazi if you want change!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

when you're extremely straight and comfortable with your sexuality

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/HonoredSpirit/status/968523852732084225?s=19

:eyepop:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

tenderjerk posted:

*sips bright green drink with pinky out, makes video supporting man who probably? wants me dead*

as long as there's genocidal fascists in this world there will always be self-hating opportunists ready to collaborate with them

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/cameron_kasky/status/968528298040070148?s=19

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

radical meme posted:

The whole problem is that the statute is hosed. But it's just like the issue of guns, good luck on getting Congress to do something to clean it up. Doesn't mean people shouldn't try.

Agreed.

Btw a thread superstar makes his triumphant return to Trump Thread

quote:

"Pharma bro" fraudster Martin Shkreli's hopes for a light prison sentence were dealt a huge blow Monday as a judge ruled that his crimes caused a loss of $10.4 million.

The ruling by Judge Kiyo Matsumoto means that federal sentencing guidelines will likely call for a prison term of up to a decade or more for Shkreli when she sentences him March 9. She is not bound by those guidelines, however.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/26/ruling-means-pharma-bro-could-get-decade-or-more-in-prison.html

for an extra lol scope out that court painting of him in the video accompanying the article

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

just build toll gates around he whole state

prison state, make a reality tv show ‘escape from oklahoma ‘ where its like pubg but texans are air dropped into oklahoma naked and need to survive

Repurpose Oklahoma as a chud reservation

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna say it for the people who weren't reading the thread last night; They're making new Zoids

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

peepeepants posted:

Will Manafort take the hint or will he still hold out on a pardon?

does manafort want to get poloniumed?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

GobiasIndustries posted:

this stupid thing makes me laugh every time i see it and Hannity has it hanging in his house lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

did dude just call some other dude Cruella DeVille?

• Locked thread