Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Remember, every time your posting causes a grog to rage post a LAM gets it's wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I cannot really take part in this discussion

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

In other news, there are a couple of new images that have popped up showing some shots from the opening cinematic:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Phrosphor posted:

In other news, there are a couple of new images that have popped up showing some shots from the opening cinematic:

It's unfortunate that the first thought I have when I look at this is 'man, battletech is really inconsistent about how big a cockpit is'.

You get everything from 'fighter cockpit' all the way up to the cartoon's ridiculous small apartment.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

"Project Deimos began with one man, and a dream. It ended with one man in a 90-ton 'mech, and an extremely unlucky ammo explosion."

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Heads up, check your Backerkits beta-level backers, Novella 3 might have stealthily made it's way up there.

I think we're getting the release date today.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

My Steam just popped up with a notification that pre-orders are now open, retail price 40 (here in Europe at least), release date is "April" (with no specific day).

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Kickstarter email says the same thing. Also novella 3 like sky shadowing noticed earlier.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Their pre-order page also lists the matchmade PVP like the Steam page did, so either they haven't updated ANYTHING about it being nixed, or its back on the table.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just pre-ordered the digital deluxe, hopefully it comes out sooner than later.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Comments on that promo video are hilariously :effort:

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

So is there a list of what will be there at launch? How's the PvP aspect?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Psion posted:

Kickstarter email says the same thing. Also novella 3 like sky shadowing noticed earlier.

I backed this thing but only got the paradox email so far. I hope the pre-order bennis apply to backers as well.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ratzap posted:

I backed this thing but only got the paradox email so far. I hope the pre-order bennis apply to backers as well.

well, in the KS email

quote:

All Backers at the Recruit level and above will ALSO receive this special edition Shadow Hawk skin upon deployment

so if you backed at $25+ you're set.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Looking at that trailer ER and Pulse Lasers confirmed I guess.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just said in discord that I bet the Atlas II, Pulse Lasers, ER Lasers, and other stuff is in there on purpose to get grogs to grog out.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I just said in discord that I bet the Atlas II, Pulse Lasers, ER Lasers, and other stuff is in there on purpose to get grogs to grog out.

I'd buy an extra copy of the game just to applaud this if it was true.

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.
Slippery Tilde

As far as I know this was not the case, the capture team just went with nice shots rather than showcasing specific 'mechs

Gwaihir posted:

I'd buy an extra copy of the game just to applaud this if it was true.

On the other hand that was totally the case.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Psion posted:

well, in the KS email

so if you backed at $25+ you're set.

I just read the KS post (I backed them after the campaign and don't get direct KS emails for it). I gave them fifty bucks so yeah, skin ahoy.

I'm looking forward to the campaign, I'm not really interested in online matches. Just gimme a nice long interesting campaign.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

cKnoor posted:

As far as I know this was not the case, the capture team just went with nice shots rather than showcasing specific 'mechs

On the other hand that was totally the case.
This capture team needs to step up their troll game :colbert:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Timber Wolf silhouette that turns into a Catapult just to drive Clanbois nuts.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Skoll posted:

Timber Wolf silhouette that turns into a Catapult just to drive Clanbois nuts.
Catapult and a Marauder in some fog, with the Marauder behind the Catapult?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I purchased the game a while ago from backerkit or some such. Will I get the shadowhawk pack too or is that just for steam pre-orders?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

I purchased the game a while ago from backerkit or some such. Will I get the shadowhawk pack too or is that just for steam pre-orders?

Yes.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Alchenar posted:

It's unfortunate that the first thought I have when I look at this is 'man, battletech is really inconsistent about how big a cockpit is'.

You get everything from 'fighter cockpit' all the way up to the cartoon's ridiculous small apartment.

That's intentional.

Every manufacturer builds 'Mechs differently and every 'Mech has a differently-sized cockpit. Most of the large ones are so they can mount a rumble seat and serve as VIP carriers, while others have cockpits so notoriously cramped that people hate piloting them (Assassin) or they can't actually mount an ejector seat (Spider).

Some like the BattleMaster were even designed to potentially accommodate two pilots for either training purposes or to allow a Commander to micromanage a fight while a bodyguard pilots the 'Mech for them. Stupid as this would be for a modern general to do, it makes a fair bit of sense in universe since most command posts are far more vulnerable to attack than most BattleMechs. Leading from the "front" in a BattleMech is a fairly safe thing for a commander to do unless they blunder into an ambush, and if they're in a position where that can happen they're going to get killed whether they're in a 'Mech or a tent.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 27, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Or are so cramped they have a habit of killing ejecting pilots due to the ejection system striking other parts of the cockpit.

Doubt the game will be modeling that for the Vindicator though. :v:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Azuth0667 posted:

Backers get all the (standard) pre-order benefits natively.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I thought a lot of IS mechs had cockpits like big rig cabins for extended deployments???

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.
Slippery Tilde

I'll see what I can do for the next trailer.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

cKnoor posted:

I'll see what I can do for the next trailer.

People are absolutely desperate to see the mechlab in action. Show everything up to opening it and then cut to something else.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Phrosphor posted:

People are absolutely desperate to see the mechlab in action. Show everything up to opening it and then cut to something else.

Or, if you're gonna show off more. Build the worst custom mech ever.

drastically Underarmored, totally clashing weapons, far too many heatsinks, less jump jets than the max, cram nothing but ammo in one(both) side torsos. Just whatever will make a Btech min/maxer recoil in horror.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Phrosphor posted:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Or, if you're gonna show off more. Build the worst custom mech ever.

drastically Underarmored, totally clashing weapons, far too many heatsinks, less jump jets than the max, cram nothing but ammo in one(both) side torsos. Just whatever will make a Btech min/maxer recoil in horror.

Both of these ideas are extremely cool and good

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's intentional.

Every manufacturer builds 'Mechs differently and every 'Mech has a differently-sized cockpit. Most of the large ones are so they can mount a rumble seat and serve as VIP carriers, while others have cockpits so notoriously cramped that people hate piloting them (Assassin) or they can't actually mount an ejector seat (Spider).

Some like the BattleMaster were even designed to potentially accommodate two pilots for either training purposes or to allow a Commander to micromanage a fight while a bodyguard pilots the 'Mech for them. Stupid as this would be for a modern general to do, it makes a fair bit of sense in universe since most command posts are far more vulnerable to attack than most BattleMechs. Leading from the "front" in a BattleMech is a fairly safe thing for a commander to do unless they blunder into an ambush, and if they're in a position where that can happen they're going to get killed whether they're in a 'Mech or a tent.

I just think of the spider as one big ejection seat

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I preordered on steam, forgetting that I was a backer way back. Oh well, can't wait! :toot:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

School Nickname posted:

I preordered on steam, forgetting that I was a backer way back. Oh well, can't wait! :toot:

If you haven't redeemed your backer code yet, give it to a friend.

Then crush them in the multiplayer.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's intentional.

Hey, if mechs were sensible then they'd all have a commander, driver, weapons officer and engineer.

Also I bet the plot involves collecting 5 memory cores from across the periphery to supercharge the propotype Atlas II and your player character uses it to single handedly defeat the Directorate.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

This game isn't developed by Bioware tho

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Alchenar posted:

]=Also I bet the plot involves collecting 5 memory cores from across the periphery to supercharge the propotype Atlas II and your player character uses it to single handedly defeat the Directorate.

I.. I had successfully FORGOTTEN THAT you Jerk. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Alchenar posted:

Hey, if mechs were sensible then they'd all have a commander, driver, weapons officer and engineer.

Also I bet the plot involves collecting 5 memory cores from across the periphery to supercharge the propotype Atlas II and your player character uses it to single handedly defeat the Directorate.

if mechs were sensible they would be tanks